Persol sunglasses

^^Hers look like the black with grey/green lens. The 49mm are small - they were too small for me. She might have the 52mm which is considered the "ladies" size. I have the 54mm since larger glasses fit my fact better.

Thank you so much, you've been really helpful. I just wish there was a shop near me so I could just try the different sizes and lenses on. Hard getting sunglasses online. Last question and I'll stop bothering you, how much did you pay? these seem so much cheaper than they retail for. It seems to be a legit site, is there any reason you can think of for them being so cheap. They say it's because they are all online so it keeps their costs down. If they are past season or old would they really differ?

^^I purchased mine from an online auction site - the seller has a large selection and I took the glasses to a store once I received them and they are authentic. The bummer is (silly I know) but I bought these because I thought they were so unique and a more interesting version of the classic wayfarer. Skip ahead to present day and I see they're now being sold through j.crew.com. I bought them to avoid the masses - but now it seems they're being mass marketed.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Men...~15~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~persol/25627.jsp

^^i was shocked at how much they marked them up though!!

This is also a legit site for eyeglasses. You may not want to order from them, but you can at least browse and see the different color combos.

http://www.eyegoodies.com/Persol-c-282.html

I know I hate that, things never stay under the radar for long. Though I still think they are much edgier than ray ban. When I tried them on the guy in the shop said something about Jay Z having them which really turned me off. I've got a bit twitchy about the website I was going to order them from. Read a few reviews which said they all come from Hong Kong so I've ordered them in to the opticians that had the 2869's I tried. I'll get a bit of a discount as I work in the same street and although they're still £175 it's worth it for peace of mind. One place I called they were 250. Thanks so much for all you're help. I'll post a pic when they arrive.

I am having dramas with my sunglasses! The 52 seemed too big though I've never thought of myself as having a particularly small face so they've ordered the 49's in for me, had a quick try on on my way home today and said I'd be in tomorrow to make a decision. I'm pretty sure they all hate me in there. They just seem so much rounder on me than on the michelle williams pic which is the look I really want. I'm starting to think hers may be 2869 which are more like wayferers, what do you think?

^^I think you're right. I think she has the 2869's in the 49mm size.

Sorry, I never check this thread. Yes they arrived the other day. I love them, they are definitely the ones MW is wearing but the arms are quite wide and they slip down my face. I'm going to have them corrected at an opticians next week so will post a pic after.

^^Oh great! Can't wait to see your photos, I love that model too. I wore my 649's today - and have been thinking about getting a pair of 714's. The color I want has been discontinued though - so not sure now...

Which colour? I love both the 649 and the 714's but they just didn't suit me. I'm going to get my husband the 649's though as when I ordered them in to the opticians he tried them and they looked really good.

^^I'm looking for the tortoise on black in the 54mm size. I don't know if they ever sold that model in the US, but now it's discontinued everywhere - so no luck in finding it.

LOVE Persol sunglasses, especially the classic style that is pictured. I have wanted a tortoise shell pair for years, but i still cannot find anywhere that stocks them. I have only seen the black pair and other Persol styles, but never the tortoise shell 714 or 649.

^^Really? Do you mean in shops or online? I feel like tortoise is their most popular look and I see them everywhere (they're sold).

Ok so I just found some tortoise ones (the ones that have been pictured in this thread lots of times) for £2 in a charity shop in London. I'm pretty sure they're authentic. They've got the persol logo although it's half rubbed off, the metal bit at the top of the nose (inside so not foldable) and lots of numbers printed down the inside but still I wanted to know if there are any fakes out there and what are the signs?they look exactly the same. Thanks!

Oh my god I'm so jealous! What do they say on the arm? can you post a pic? I feel I've seen so many Persols in the last couple of months in my quest to find the perfect size, tension, style that I'll prob be able to tell if they're real or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gxsd
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->