Pete Doherty & Kate Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asha are you around? I have been reading Pete Welsh' book "Kids in the Riot: High and Low with the Libertines". It is an amazing book which you should try and get hold of if you haven't already.

I'd like to talk to her too.:(

Is this book good ? I mean is it serious or a just for the fans?

As for Kate and Pete I don't think they'll stay together now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snow-White said:
the libertines- for lovers is a good song!

I think you'll find that 'For Lovers' is not a Libertines song.It's Wolfman Feat.Pete Doherty.

Wolfman wrote that song NOT Pete :flower:

*AndoraStar* said:
If the "drug" conversations, I will have no other choice but to close this thread. I have already posted our policy as Orchid as stated. Please refer to that.

Thank you for your co-operation,
AndoraStar

sorry about the wrong references. :blush:

Jadee said:
I'd like to talk to her too.:(

Is this book good ? I mean is it serious or a just for the fans?

As for Kate and Pete I don't think they'll stay together now.

The book is very good for anyone interested in the band and its rise and fall. I am a serious Libertines junkie but the book helped me become more knowledgable about their lives in their little Camden/bethnal green/wherever bedsit where 'Up The Bracket' came to life. It is in the form of an interview so you get Pete's response to an event and then Carl's and then the managers so you can see how things have become distorted to suit everyone's own opinions.

Plus there are the insider photos which are always cool. I was googling articles on Pete earlier and apparently there is very little of that soulful Rimbaud-esque poeticism left in him.

If discussing Kate and Pete keeps bringing up certain limited and specific lines of talking which are clearly against policy, this thread will be locked.
Final warning.
I am growing weary of editing posts and deleting and reminding and re-reminding you all :blush:
Regarding anything off-topic, please take it to pm as it doesn't relate to the thread.
Feel free to pm me with any questions if you have a question.
Thank you,
Orchide

i think kate and pete suit each other, for
1)they both have four-letter first names
2)they are both very thin
3)they both have(had) substance problems, and
4)they seem to like each other quite a bit.

so why can't people just stop obsessing over two far-removed, albeit famous, individuals' lives?
i think us humans are just plain old nosy.
the western world continues the traditon: mick jagger and marianne faithfull, anita pallengberg...and every man in the swinging sixties, etc. etc. etc...now kate moss and pete doherty! kate moss and johnny depp! kate moss and jefferson hack! kate moss by herself, she's sexy enough for both sexes!
people need to stop convincing themselves that everything is pete or kate or both's fault and start realizing that society creates these people.

Article from The Sunday Times (UK) Its funny, my dad told me about this article, when your parents know about this kind of stuff then you know it has to be big news! But my dad thinks everything writen in the Times is absolute, set in tablets of stone truth :D :heart:

Its about Kate signing contracts of "good and healthy behaviour" :blink: Taken from www.timesonline.co.uk

Moss offers good conduct clause to save career

Jon Ungoed-Thomas and Lois Rogers

KATE MOSS has said she is ready to sign “good behaviour” contracts with fashion companies pledging a drug-free lifestyle after she was pictured apparently snorting cocaine in a London recording studio.

Moss is fighting to salvage her career after the revelations and is expected to hold crisis talks with fashion companies this week. She stands to lose an estimated income of more than £2m a year if her contracts are cancelled.

It emerged yesterday that H&M, the fashion retail chain, decided to keep Moss for its launch of a Stella McCartney range after she signed a document agreeing to a “healthy and wholesome” lifestyle.

“We strongly disapprove of her actions,” said an H&M spokesman, adding that Moss had been “very regretful” at a meeting with the firm.

Other fashion labels, including Burberry and Rimmel, the cosmetics company, are believed to be reviewing her contracts.

Experts say the worst scenario for Moss is a “domino effect” where one big company cancels a contract and others follow. One fashion insider said: “One of these companies might easily decide Kate is bringing their products into disrepute and refuse to use her any more. The worry for her then is whether others would follow.”

In a series of grainy photographs published in the Daily Mirror last week, Moss is shown snorting cocaine in a recording studio with her boyfriend, the singer Pete Doherty of the band Babyshambles.

Moss was secretly recorded in the studio describing how she had experienced a “whitey” (a paranoid state) from taking drugs. She also said her former drug dealer had been sectioned for life after r*ping women.

Moss is unlikely to face prosecution, despite the pledge of Sir Ian Blair, the Metropolitan police commissioner, to make “a few examples” of middle-class drug users. A police source said yesterday: “There hasn’t been a complaint and it could be difficult to find the evidence. A picture of white powder is not enough to convince a court of cocaine use.”

Moss has become a popular figure among young people and MPs insist some penalty should be imposed on her.

Ann Widdecombe, the former Tory Home Office minister, said: “It’s very concerning that the police don’t seem to be taking action. It sends out a message that if you are rich enough, you can do what the devil you like.

“The companies who employ her should consider her position.”

Moss, 31, was just 14 when she was spotted by an agent. She quickly became a top supermodel, appearing in campaigns for Calvin Klein, Versace and Yves Saint Laurent.

She checked into London’s Priory clinic in November 1998, said to be suffering from exhaustion. She told Q magazine she had been made miserable by drugs in the 1990s.

Moss has defended herself against allegations of drug use. This year, she won damages against the Sunday Mirror over false claims that she collapsed in a “cocaine coma” while in Spain for a fashion show.

Companies associated with Moss, including Dior and Chanel, have yet to say whether they will continue to use her.

Moss is also due to be guest editor for a forthcoming edition of French Vogue, which will include a free CD copy of duet she has recorded with Doherty.

i'm guessing her career will stay strong.
she's kate moss, for god's sake one more incident won't stop everybody from adoring her.

^ true, it's not like it's her first time

thefashionista said:
i think kate and pete suit each other, for
1)they both have four-letter first names
2)they are both very thin
3)they both have(had) substance problems, and
4)they seem to like each other quite a bit.

The first three are odd reasons for suiting each other!

http://www.ananova.com/entertainmen...ent.celebrities

Kate ditches Pete
Kate Moss has reportedly ditched Pete Doherty after a week of tabloid allegations about her private life.

Pete was said to have "gone berserk" in Ibiza after Kate told him it was all over, reports The Sun.

He smashed up a £10,000 vintage guitar on stage and allegedly threatened a reporter with a broken bottle.

Meanwhile, Kate has made a sincere apology to high street fashion house H&M after photographs of her allegedly snorting cocaine appeared in the Mirror.

The Swedish company had expressed disappointment with her behaviour during a face-to-face meeting in New York City.

But fears Moss would lose a series of lucrative contracts seem to have been allayed with the news that H&M marketing director Jorgen Andersson has accepted her apology.

H&M spokesperson Anacarin Bjorne says: "We are very anti-drugs and insist all our models are healthy and sound. What happened is in Kate's private life, but we are all very disappointed in her.

"Kate has apologised and was full of remorse for her actions. She has assured us it will not happen again, and we are willing to give her another chance."

^ :woot: I hope that's true!

And as for her career, I heard some rumours that Rimmel wasn't going to continue with her... If she manages to get herself together then I'm sure this won't hurt her career.

Fashion world backs supermodel Kate

(Monday September 19, 2005 04:58 PM)

The fashion world came together to offer its support to underfire Kate Moss after reports in The Sun that the supermodel had ended her nine-month relationship with Babyshambles singer Pete Doherty follow allegations of lesbian affairs and years of cocaine abuse.

But key players in the fashion world were quick to come to the model's defence with former model Twiggy saying she was appalled at the media's treatment of Moss.

"I love Kate, I think she is a brilliant, brilliant model. And I think these undercover guys, (what they did) is not journalism.

"What they did is disgusting, completely out of order. She is still the greatest," she told London's Evening Standard.

Julian Macdonald, whose show at London Fashion week was invaded by anti-fur protesters, said: "Poor Kate - she was just trying to lead her own life."

Artist and friend of Moss, Tracey Emin, told the paper: "People should just leave her alone. They are just jealous of her. She is a great friend of mine and I can tell you I have never seen her touch the stuff once."

Fashionistas attending London Fashion Week, while not wanting to associate their labels with such behaviour, were refusing to denounce Moss.

One industry buyer, who did not want to be named, said: "The poor girl's had a torrid time, people should leave her alone."

Christopher Prebois, who was supporting his model girlfriend, said: "I don't think it will damage her image. On the contrary it may improve it." The allegations aimed at Moss threaten contracts worth millions of pounds she has with some of the world's leading fashion brands. Clothing chain H&M has announced it is standing by her.

Don't think this has been posted yet...:flower:

From Yahoo! UK

New reports about the state of Kate's modeling future: Source is jossip.com

"Did we speak too fast about Kate Moss' fashion future? We heard over the weekend that H&M accepted her apology and was willing to keep her on as the face of their stores, but now they're thinking about rescinding that offer upon learning about Ms. Moss' three-way.

But last night, after learning of newspaper allegations concerning drug-taking and three-in-a-bed sex, the company said it now wanted to talk to her about the new claims. H&M, which hired Ms Moss to be the “face” for its forthcoming campaign, said that prominent coverage of her wild lifestyle could jeopardise its contract with her. A spokeswoman for the company said the contract with Moss could now be in danger of being terminated.

“This (coverage) leads to reflection for us,” she said, as two Sunday newspapers dubbed the model “Cocaine Kate”.

Meanwhile Dior and Chanel are also said to be reconsidering using Kate's face for their fashion houses."

ADMIN EDIT: THE PHOTO IS UNAPPROPRIATE FOR tFS.com

H&M has now officially dropped Kate Moss, according to Channel 4 news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->