Peter Dundas Launches Eponymous Brand

VogueDisciple93

Reaction score
All of Beyonce's looks from tonight's Grammy's are from Peter Dundas' new eponymous brand. Announcement made on his instagram page, I have not yet figured how to imbed posts here.

I guess this takes him out of the running at Givenchy.

Congratulations! I think its the best step for him.

Interesting. Will he have a runway show this fashion week?

Beyoncé's dresses were amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exclusive: Peter Dundas Dresses Beyoncé at the Grammys, Launches Solo Label

If it was a big night at the Grammys for Beyoncé, picking up the award for Best Urban Contemporary Album for Lemonade and delivering a powerful speech about the beauty of being black—to say nothing of her soon-to-be-legendary performance—it was an even bigger night for designer Peter Dundas. He designed the gold numbers she wore, his first solo creations under his own name to hit the red carpet.

Before launching his eponymous label, Dundas was most recently the creative director of Roberto Cavalli and headed up Emilio Pucci for six years prior to that. He’s been dressing Beyoncé for more than a decade. There’s the marigold off-the-shoulder stunner she wears in the Lemonade video; he created costumes for two of her tours, Mrs. Carter and Formation; and he’s also the guy behind the dresses she chose for President Barack Obama’s second inauguration in 2013 and the Met Ball in 2011, which was Beyonce’s best Met Ball in this writer’s humble opinion.

“Beyoncé and I have a long working relationship. I think she wanted someone she trusted and connected with on several levels, and felt the Lemonade dress had particularly been that,” Dundas told me. “She also knew I was going solo and liked being the first to wear my new collection. Also we both love yellow!”

According to Dundas, the dress took one week to embroider with 50 people working on it constantly. It mixed Gustav Klimt influence, Art Deco motifs inspired by Erté, and lyrics from Beyonce’s song “Love Drought.” Sun rays symbolize the African goddess Oshun. Dundas also added two cherubs on the hips dressed in ivy and Beyoncé’s face on the center. “I like creating stories within a garment,” he said. “It was a fun way to celebrate the moment for her.”

As for designing around a baby bump, Dundas said, “it’s particular mainly because her measurements were constantly changing, and also keeping it a secret from my collaborators became increasingly challenging as she grew.” The secret’s out now. We’re looking forward to seeing what Dundas does next.
vogue.com

Fantastic! :buzz:

oprah_happy_tears.gif

That was fast! This is a bold move and I'm glad someone was brave enough to take that leap! Dundas is far too talented to be unemployed. Now I'll be eagerly awaiting the debut of the Alber Elbaz brand.

reactiongifs.net

It is an interesting move to do for him after all those years. He has proved to be consistent in his work (we like it or not) and has a strong visual identity.Plus he is influent enough as a person to dress some top celebrities.

Awww happy for him. He's really talented, and it would be a shame to see it go to waste. Excited about this!

All of Beyonce's looks from tonight's Grammy's are from Peter Dundas' new eponymous brand. Announcement made on his instagram page, I have not yet figured how to imbed posts here.

I guess this takes him out of the running at Givenchy.

source | instagram:Peter_dundas

All looks are tacky as hell, but I guess that's what we can expect from Dundas.

Kudos to him for this bold move, especially with a house still director-less! I'm glad for him and I'm sure we are in for an exciting (be it good or bad) ride!

I am curious though as to what market he'll tap into, by the looks of what he made for Beyonce, he might go the red carpet a'la Zuhair Murad route, which I hope he doesn't because he's too talented to be in a niche market.

Congrats to him. With his new label and, Riccardo allegedly heading to Versace, The Kardashians and Ciara are going straight to Milan and hopefully the can bring back the OOT, in-your-face glamour.
They, plus Cavalli, can be so tacky at times but I'm so tired of these street-hyped and glorified stylists with same old oversized/longsleeved everything. This is a change I would even welcome.

^Actually 2004 was way more interesting in fashion than 2016 so...

Oh thank goodness, I was so afraid we were gonna run out of sheer/sequin gowns for red carpets.

Those are stages outfits! What did you expect guys...Really!

I'm happy for him. He is talented. Unlike many designers today, he is a legit trained designer. I would love for him to present his collection soon. He has already some good supporters.
I think he knows that his short-term Cavalli gig wasn't that appreciated and that he knows that the expectations are higher than before.

I would love for him to start with a FW collection. I need the energy of his first Pucci collection in my life!
Now that he is independent, he can show the variety of his palette. I think he can combine all of those things into something good.

Go Peter!

^Actually 2004 was way more interesting in fashion than 2016 so...

:lol::clap:

Basically echoing Lola's statement above me: But I don't see how people can be upset by this news? It's not like he's ruining anyone's favorite label. And isn't it nice to see a designer, one with actual talent not a stylist masquerading as a designer!, survive in this industry and get a fresh start? I too am excited to see his vision away from a house with certain expectations and demands.

Peter Dundas' Eponymous Line Is Reportedly Launching in Spring 2018
Peter Dundas has hinted that his own eponymous line is set to launch for the Spring 2018 season. When the designer spoke to WWD at the Giambattista Valli show on Monday, he gave a few details about his namesake brand.

"I'm here for Giambattista today so I don't have anything to say about myself," Dundas told the site."Hopefully by next season you'll see more of us."

The second half of his statement suggests that next season, Spring 2018, we could be seeing more Peter Dundas namesake designs, perhaps on the red carpet—à la Beyoncé—or, better yet, on the runway.

Dundas announced his eponymous brand last month when he dressed Beyoncé for the 2017 Grammys. The singer wore three looks by the former Pucci creative director at the awards ceremony, and one at her "low-key" after party.

If Bey's Grammy wardrobe lends any hint to the designer's first collection, expect body-flattering silhouettes and all of the sequins.
harpersbazaar

His Pucci was gorgeous.
Hope he will delivered with his own brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicolelisa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->