Phoebe Philo Interview .

kit said:
[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]'It's so important to keep things steady. Such quick success puts you in a vulnerable position, because fashion is fickle and you can fall out of favour just as quickly. I feel like cleaning things up now,' she adds. 'Much of what we have been doing is about layering and how an outfit is put together, and that is integral to the brand. I want to make things tighter and cleaner and about the individual pieces.'

Philo is working on the next Spring/Summer 2006 collection, which will debut in October. She works with her team on ideas, and the Paris atelier makes up her designs. 'I am working a lot on the stand, manipulating the fabric to create detail and shape. It is an exciting and creative process. I like slightly heavier fabrics at the moment that you can cut into and create a silhouette mixed with lighter fabrics. I think that could be beautiful.'

Her inspiration now is for very proper clothes: matching dresses and coats and neat trousers, which one associates with older ladies. 'I just think it is so flattering. Maybe it is having the baby, but I'm not feeling that youth thing.'

This has me at the edge of my seat. I'm actually kind of scared. Right now, her reputation lies on fluttery loose pieces, and the fact that she is making things tighter is fascinating! I cannot wait to see what Spring 2006 has in store.

P.S. What's a Mockney accent?
[/font]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->