Poll : The Best September 2021 Cover of Vogue

Which Edition of Vogue Won the Battle for Best September 2021 Cover?

• Total voters

aracic

Staff member
Reaction score
27 editions. 74 covers. 1 global theme.

From classic to fold-out collector's editions and digital-only covers, Vogue provides a wide range of interpretations for the single global theme this month - the sunrise. The New Beginnings.

It is indeed a mark of a new era beginning for the brand, as the new heads and editors start their venture into the unknown territories of new direction and leadership. The September issues offer us the first glimpse of that newness and although not many reflect that on their front covers, there is already an apparent sense of change on the pages inside.

Which of the many sunrise themed covers did you enjoy this month? Leave your vote in the poll above and feel free to discuss!

Click to enlarge:

RDUe8VAB_o.jpg

all photos courtesy of Vogue

Although we are starting at an unfortunate time for Vogue, I'm hopeful that this poll will become a monthly tradition where we can view and discuss all editions gathered in one place starting with this one!

My top three are (in no particular order) Latin America, Poland and Portugal and if I were to extend this list to a top five, it would also include Turkey and Taiwan.

The three of the Latin American covers were absolutely splendid in my opinion. The models, the dresses, the view. Everything works perfectly!
The same applies to Poland, although their consistency is ruined by the limited and the digital cover, both of which I find completely unneccessary. Maja Zimnoch really takes you to that polish countryside fantasy. I love a little babushka moment and the one with the flowers is really beautiful. The third one is the weakest link, but the other two more than make up for it. The issue also looks really pretty in person.
Portugal is simply magical! From the serenity of Szabo's cover to the butterfly-clad Dilone - incredible.
I can't say exactly what makes me like the Turkish cover so much, but I'm really whipped by that jacket on Giedre. She looks incredible and I love the location as well.
Taiwan is a cinematic masterpiece! The colors, the composition, the styling. Everything is impeccable and it's literally a work of art! The only reason it's not in my top three actually just got disputed while I was typing this, so I'm replacing Latin America with Taiwan in my vote.

As for the worst... do I even need to say anything?

Italia and Singapore are fighting tooth and nail for it. Italia is incredibly ugly to look at meanwhile Singapore is just stupid. I'm not buying a damn bar code, if I invest into a purchase of a physical magazine I want it to at least look nice. I wanna put Czechoslovakia in this category too, but I would lie if I said that some of those covers aren't visually pleasing to me.

Overall, not entirely bad. There are many nice covers here, perhaps not the best choices for a September Issue but does September even stand for anything anymore? I'm not so sure.

BEST
1 (tie) China and Taiwan
2 Espana
3 Polska (esp. the second cover)
4 Thailand
5 Portugal

WORST
1 CS
2 Singapore
3 Scandinavia
4 Italia
5 Russia

First of all, a MAJOR THANK YOU my love @aracic :heart:, for such a great thread and a tremendous time & work you have put into it!

With that being said, my vote for the best cover goes to Vogue Hong Kong - the Adut Akech one, to be precise.

When it come to the worst cover, I'll refrain myself from voting because the competition is simply too big!

Vogue Brazil and Vogue Russia, for me.

BEST
1. China
2. Taiwan
3. España

4. Thailand
5. Latin America
6. Australia
7. Mexico
8. Hong Kong

OK

9. Poland
10. UK
11. Turkey
12. Brazil
13. India
14. Portugal
15. Korea
16. Greece
17. Paris
MEH
18. Arabia
19. US
20. Ukraine
21. Japan
22. Italia
23. Germany
ATROCIOUS
24. Russia
25. Scandinavia
26. Singapore
27. CS

Best for me is the newsstand Latin America cover with Cynthia Arrebola and Kerolyn Soares.
Vogue Japan with Ugbad.
Everything else is pretty forgettable.

Last edited:
My votes went to Vogue Paris, Vogue UK and Vogue Australia - and in that order. I'm bias toward Vogue Paris and Emmanuelle Alt but the magazine's cover this month really IS glorious, and despite the lack of clothing still feels like a strong fashion-forward image. Those colours!

I voted for UK, because it was my favorite interpretation of the theme, just a classically gorgeous, perfectly composed photo. I also voted for Vogue India, because while so many editions released a lesser cover for September (compared to their own standards), I can't recall the last time I saw a Vogue India cover, before September, where I thought "that's beautiful, I wouldn't really change anything about it"

1. Vogue Taiwan - Strong & compelling image with an interesting storyline, fashions, art direction and photography. Overall a great cover that makes you want to see more.

2. Vogue Thailand - I have a soft spot for Sara Grace W. and I love how ethereal the whole cover looks.

3. Vogue India - Another unpopular choice but Priyanka looks stunning in this. I love the contrast between the background and the she's wearing while looking quite good in it.

Honorable mentions: Vogue UK, Vogue LATAM, Vogue China and Vogue España.

1. Vogue UK
This cover is just stunning, everything about it is perfect. I think it's really evocative and all the elements come together beautifully.

2. Vogue China
Utterly gorgeous. The setting is magnificent, the model and clothing are both beautiful. It's a really majestic and cinematic cover.

3. Vogue Paris
Beautiful and unexpected cover shot, the colours are just gorgeous. I really commend Emmanuelle and co for creating something so good despite being asked to work with a "new beginnings" theme, all the while knowing they're on the way out.

Honourable mention
I hate to say it but...Vogue Italia: the beach shot with all the models in the ocean is a fantastic image. With better art direction this would feel close to a classic VI cover.

I happen to like:
1) US (always happy to see models in this magazine’s covers)
2) UK (happy to see an Asian on the cover)
3) Germany (I find the colors beautiful)

1. Paris
2. Polska
3. Italia (just because VI has a lot of coverage, which is important for buyers and for the lives of print media)

All in all, one "homework" for everyone is the expected evil, nothing good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->