Your Best & Worst Magazine Covers of the Month *October 2019 Now Open*

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to start a thread like this for some time but was unsure of when to. Guess now it as good a time as any, since we've now seen the majority of the April covers.

My favorite this month has been the cover of British Vogue with Naomi Scott. A new face, Nick Knight finally making his cover comeback, the use of the ring light, the whole makeup look, the Prada... I loved it upon first sight.

What has been your most and least favorite covers of the month?

My faves are the Vogue Spain covers with Penelope Cruz, both show how versatile and beautiful she is. Next, Vogue UK with Naomi Scott, she's so gorgeous! And last, -for now- is a guilty pleasure: Kylie Jenner's Interview Germany cover by Morelli brothers, I'm not a fan of their work and I don't care about her, but no matter how retouched the picture is, this is her best magazine cover by far.

My least favourite is between Taylor Swift for Elle UK and anyone with a model wearing that horrible Gucci red jacket/dress/orwhatever.

May now open for discussion!

My favorites have been Kate Moss for British Vogue, American Vogue with Kim Kardashian and Vogue Russia with Kendall Jenner.

Vogue China is also a worthy mention, with their beautiful tribute to Karl Lagerfeld with Claudia, Grace and Sasha.

My least favs would have to have been Emilia Clarke on Vogue Spain, Vogue Japan by Giampaolo Sgura (seriously not happy when Luigi & Iango aren't shooting the covers) and thought Allure made a mess of their Adut Akech cover. Also wasn't too keen on Rihanna for American Harper's Bazaar... might just be the final nail in the coffin for me purchasing each and every month.

Best for May:

[URL='http://imgbox.com/S7rGYnW6'][/URL]
D1l50jY1_t.jpg
[URL='http://imgbox.com/Fexiw8TR'] [/URL]

Worst:

Famousfix

Someone should update this thread, it looks death

^My bad, completely my fault... been rather busy and forgot to check in.

How about we skip June and move onto the July covers?

My favourite, so far, is the cover of British Vogue with Zoe Kravitz by Steven Meisel, and rather fond of Margot Robbie on the cover of American Vogue, as plain a cover as it is. Also cannot forgot the covers of Vogue Germany with Birgit, Luna and Vittoria... such a beautiful and fitting tribute for Karl Lagerfeld.

All the August 2019 covers of Vogue can be viewed here:

British Vogue with Karlie, Vogue Italia with Stephanie Seymour, Cara on Vogue Russia and Irina Shayk and Adriana Lima’s cover of Vogue Spain are my most fave.

Kate Moss' Vogue Paris August 2019 cover still haunts my dreams to this day. AWFUL.

Ariana's cover.. meh.

Would really want to like Karlie's cover, but the green text is holding me back. That was a choice.

That list is not complete because it's missing Vogue China (certainly more important than most of those editions, in fact it should be 5th on the lineup), Vogue Czech, Ukraine and India. Maybe even Taiwan too, But who cares about the latter, lol.

My picks are hands down Irina and Adriana for Vogue Spain, Edita for Poland, Liu Wen, Deepika and Sora as the best for August.

Worst? Vogue Italia, Paris, Portugal and Germany!

Odd that there's none of the top 4 appealed to me.

Adrina & Irina for Vogue Spain, Edita for Vogue Poland, Lara Stone for Vogue Turkey are my favorite

Adriana & Irina for Vogue Spain would probably be one of my covers of the year, never mind for August alone.

The Kate Moss cover for Vogue Paris is worse in print, and isn't helped by the art direction.

September 2019... perhaps the most uneventful in the print industry's history? Some seriously unmemorable moments this month, especially for what is supposed to be the biggest newsstand event of the year.

Must admit that I haven't been bawled over by any, but did think Vogue Japan by Luigi & Iango was fitting, was pleasantly surprised by Vittoria Ceretti on Vogue Spain and was also immediately drawn to the covers of Vogue Brazil with Gigi Hadid.

What a fun thread! Surprise I didn't notice it before...
Anyway, my favorite of the month is definitely Gigi for Vogue Brasil followed by Vogue Germany with Adut and Rebecca (loved the colors), Russia with Karen (stunner), Spain with Vittoria (can't go wrong) as well as Luna's Poland and Netherlands cover with Birgit (very nostalgic and beautiful). Also really liked Cara's Marie Claire cover and Tatler.

As for the worst.. pretty much everything else? Top of the list being British and American Vogue (two biggest trainwrecks, but British had good editorials at least) followed by Rianne's London cover (the rest weren't as ugly, despite the font) and then simply every other edition besides Italia (which surprisingly wasn't that bad), Japan (not very fond of it, but it's not nearly as bad as the rest) and Hong Kong (love Rihanna).

All of them are trainwrecks. The BIGGEST Issue of the year became the biggest JOKE of the year.

The best September covers:

Vogue Netherlands
Vogue Brasil
Vogue Arabia
Marie Claire US

The worst:

Vogue US
Vogue Paris

The best:

Vogue Netherlands
Vogue Italia with Adut
Vogue Japan