Pores & Pimple Problems...

posterchild

Reaction score
Eppp, help... ok I used to have pretty bad skin when i was 14/15... it was horrible

but now its 4-5 years later and my skin is pretty good (I think growing older helped with the hormones?) except for there are specific spots that i would get a huge nasty PAINFUL pimple which won't go away for a long time and leaves a scar... Does anyone know what i can do about that? on the crease on the left side of my nose there's this larger than life zit on my face and its horrible and i can't cover it up anyhow with makeup! And its so annoying how there r "popular" places that ur pimples like to populate? Like U KNOW exactly where it'll b but u can't stop it! Is it just me or does other people have this problem.

oh and even though now my skin is alot better than before i still can't go out without makeup since i have very visible pores on my cheek and alot of blackheads on my nose.

It absolutely bugs me that people haf flawless skin even up close, I know I won't have that since its really got alot of genetics, and i have horrible genetics in the skin department. But any tips to help with my problem?

Thanks!

well if you are trying to rid your face of zits take tetracycline or a medicated cream though niether are good for you. the cream i use is better than the tetracycline but rids all of clothes of colour :cry: as for the blackheads have a facial and try a cream to try and close your pores. went i go for facials the esthetician always gives me this cream and it really works, its called Emu Oil or something.

You shouldn't cover up an active pimple with makeup. And I suspect you are putting a lot of cosmetics on it as well.

A facial is essential for pore clearing.

There are several solutions to your problem.
1. Visit the dematologists
2. Clean, moisturise, and do appropriate facial masks
3. Small amount of beta hydroxy acid might lighten the scars/dark spots.
When you have a pimple and it looks large enough to pop, use a clean(maybe soaked with iodine) q-tip to pop it. Don't pop with your finger.
Large pores are due to excess amount of oil on ur skin. So providing enough water to your skin is important. This is done by appropriately moisturing your skin and possible facial masks when needed.
Other tips to maintain good skin is to eat, drink, sleep, and exercise healthily, as everyone knows. Overall, I still think using appropriate skincare products everyday can be really helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definately go visit a dematologist - they can give you either a cream/gel or some drug to help sort out the problem. I visited one and it really does work!

Also, indulge in a few facials. Not only does it do your skin the world of good, it also makes you feel better. And everyone knows when you feel better, you look better :smile:

i never wear makeup when i have pimples, the more air they get the faster they'll disappear. i know what you mean when you say that you'll know where they'll come -- i usually put a bit of toothpaste on that spot over night and it will dry it out very fast. that also works with pimples. but most important is to get a lot of sleep, eat healthy and drink a lot of water if you want good skin. :wink: :flower:

I know I am not supposed to do this, but whenever I have a larger than life zit that pops up AND an important event, I just pop that pimple and put ice one it. Afterwards, I cover it with MEDICATED concealer (Almays' skin clearing concealer which contains zit fighting ingredients). Then when I come home, I take the "makeup" off and put on some dermatologist strenght medication.

That's for EMERGENCY cases, but normally, DO NOT TOUCH the pimple, just put zit cream on it and it should go away in maximum 5 days. I know the wait can be very long and hard when it's an obvious, painful and ugly pimple, but it's worth the wait. Popping your zits only aggravates the situation.

just wanna share the culprits that cause my pimples:
1. sleepless nights
2. coke
3. alcohol (i just found out about this last week, after downing shots of vodka, all the pimples in the world started to conspire against me)
4. chips
5. not washing your face
6. product overload
7. a week before my period is due
8. dehydration

Another question...when do you normally break out? If you find yourself having more problems closer to "that time of the month" it could very well be a primarily hormonal problem. Hmm, I wish I was still in school. I remember in health class my teacher told us how to help with that. I think she said something like increase the amount of water you drink by 3 cups a day or something, and that actually is supposed to help. I haven't had too many skin problems for awhile, but I used to take a zinc supplement...which helped INCREDIBLY, but can make you very sick if you take too much or take it without eating. Other than that I spot treat with a benzoyl peroxide cream like neutragena spot treatment.

Em

miserylovescompany said:
Another question...when do you normally break out? If you find yourself having more problems closer to "that time of the month" it could very well be a primarily hormonal problem. Hmm, I wish I was still in school. I remember in health class my teacher told us how to help with that. I think she said something like increase the amount of water you drink by 3 cups a day or something, and that actually is supposed to help. I haven't had too many skin problems for awhile, but I used to take a zinc supplement...which helped INCREDIBLY, but can make you very sick if you take too much or take it without eating. Other than that I spot treat with a benzoyl peroxide cream like neutragena spot treatment.

Em

well, i have an irregular period so i can't tell specifically. but once a pimple or two (red ones) started to grow on my face, it's an indicator that my period is due in a week or so. it sucks, really. i mean, it's like i can't get away with it. anyway, speaking of benzoyl peroxide.. my dermatologist told me it sort of darkens the skin.. i don't know if it's true, but she told me to stop using benzoyl peroxide.. instead prescribed me to use azelaic cream

I always break out just before my period or when I'm really stressed.

I think its the same for most people :flower:

Get some tea tree oil from the health store...dab just a bit from your fingertip on the zit. It will make it disappear in a day or three. Also, try Aveeno Balancing Bar, which is not available in the US...you can order it from www.canadapharmacy.com. But best is to have a great dermatologist inject it.

YES, injection is the fastest way to get rid of it, i know... wif no scaring too.. but my derm is super popular n u need to book an appointment 2 months in advance... n OMG u use aveeno balancing bar too? I use it n love it too...

and ya pre period pimples really sucks.. my chinples (hahah that's what i call pimples on my chin) show up a few days before my period... and i never haf anything on my chin other than when its period time which really sucks!

Frankly, you don't need to use the world's best dermatologist to do the injections. The great dermatologists, like Avery Scheiner in New York, my guy for years and Mecklenberg at Cedars Sinai in LA aren't for injections. All it takes is a steady hand. Find somebody near you and try them. Use a superstar like Avery for major work.

Hello, I am 28 years old this year. My acne spots are no longer as big as before. However, recently I discovered that I have too many small pimples hidden under my skin. I have to do with it. Please give me advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->