Raf Simons Out at Jil Sander, Founder Will Return to Her Label

Jil is back! So fantastic-- really looking forward to how she will design for a new decade.

Now if only Helmut will return...

I dont want him to go to Dior lol. How is he gonna do couture? Id be happy if he went to Dior doing womenswear AND menswear. womenswear is boring

^^ Yes...I thought the same!! If only...

LOL! Let's all wish really really really hard and if the stars align just right and the fashion gods are generous then maybe he will return ( and he's got to be itching after what's being done to his namesake by those two)-- if Jil is coming back, then...

Back to Jil, I'm more excited for her return to menswear than her womenswear.

I don't get it - is Jil returning because Raf was fired, or was Raf fired because Jil is returning??

I don't get it - is Jil returning because Raf was fired, or was Raf fired because Jil is returning??

I don't think Raf was fired. I think he was already leaving the brand for the Dior job, and they called Jil back to replace him.

^ I thought so, but I'm quite surprised they gave her a call back. thank god they still know what's the name this brand is, unlike some others.

Raf would never be fired for his work at Jil. Not with how fantastic and successful they have been.

I'm somewhat happy about this news. Raf needs to focus on his own label and re-energize it. It has been lackluster for far too many collections. We can kiss the Raf Simons label goodbye if he does take on couture, pre-collections and rtw.

I am, however, excited to see what Jil has to bring back to her own namesake label. It's been so long (with the exception of +J), she has to have something good up her sleeves. Hopefully, she'll gives us fantastic womenswear AND menswear.

^ agreed on everything you said, I am thrilled to see Jil back (thought this would never happen! :heart:), and only wish Raf's departure was also something that could fall back into the right place, which is his own label.. he's grown so much as a designer that he could really go to great lengths on his own.. instead he's probably going to the heart of a system that seems quite.. destructive, and soulless. Oh well.. at least Dior knows where to look.

I read that the split was amicable and that Jil Sander publicly wished Raf all the best in future endeavors. They thanked him for his work, basically...

well without the prada goons at the helm,a jil sander return would be ever-so welcomed. and hopefully,as raf's work was any indication,she'll regain that freedom she had. redemption sure sounds sweet right about now :heart:

however,i'm not jumping on the raf at dior rumour at this juncture....not till they actually confirm it. i won't believe it. LVMH is no different that Prada,imo. and as big as dior is,the pressure is going to be even more egocentrically horrifying. i really am hoping he's simply letting go so he devote his energy back into his own label. that's my ultimate dream but it's likely wishful thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I am a big fan of Simons I cannot see how his aesthetic would work at Dior. There is nothing in his collections that would suggest he would be a good fit for that position. If he were to do it I would wish him the best of luck but I really think its going to be regrettable. I am happy to see that Sander is returning to her namesake, I have loved and still love her work.

Agreed ... Marc Jacobs seems like a much better fit than Raf.

I didn't care for the paisley and white he did last season for Jil, but he has definitely done some incredible work there over the years. Tilda Swinton is probably :cry:

love him, glad Jil is back, but agreed that Raf is not the right choice for Dior

This is so sad. I loved Raf Simons for Jil Sander. He brought an edge to the house that was not present under Jil herself. Don't get me wrong, I loved Jil Sander designing for her own label, but Raf really made the brand something really incredibly interesting, dynamic, and modern.

I wonder how Jil will approach the label now with all the superb collections Raf Simons has designed in the last few years. I have a feeling her design aesthetic will be slightly mundane and outdated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invisigoth696969
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->