Rain Boots (Wellies)

savannah

Reaction score
So i know, that rain boots have been quite "in stlye" in the past year. However, times are changing, and im not sure of that accuracy. I still love wearing skirts in the fall and winter. however, i look quite foolish wearing one when its drastically cold outside. so, my resolution.. i have come across the idea of wearing some fabulously cute rainboots by Gabriella Rocha. they are white with light blue poka dots. absolutely fabulous looking. However, (and this is where i need your opinion) do you think that it is a little out-dated to pull of the rain boot look? Do you think it will give me a "clunky" look? How do you think i could pull this off? colored tights? tall socks?
and if you want a look at them this is the link:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/2553536/c/2587.html

have a look and tell me what you think i can do.

Well i have pink patterned ones since i live in rainy old england and spend a lot of time camping or in muddy fields lol.... I wear mine with a skirt and thick black woolly tights, or with my jeans tucked into them!

If you're planning actually wearing your wellies (or rain boots to put it poshly) in the rain, then i wouldn't advise white ones, but if you could get blue tights in the exact same colour as the polka dots, that would look nice!

Absolutely! I wear these http://tinyurl.com/7ynwh in Fuchsia. I walk to work and wear them with skirt, dresses and slacks. (I change into heels at work, and only wear them on riany days.) But they are SO much fun to wear. I get lots of compliments!

I don't like the brightly coloured ones but this pattern is sweet and adorable. As mentioned already, you can pull them off for a casual look with skirts + tights or jeans. Wellies are actually very practical (especially for going to outdoor concerts/festivals) and they can't really be classified as a fad that goes in and out of fashion.

apologies for bumping an old thread but i didn't want to muddy things up by making a new one. It's a yuckier part of the year here currently, that squishy part in between spring and winter so there is the inevitable rain filled weeks. I was tired of ruining my shoes in the rain so I decided on rain boots. While I did like some of the Pucci print (and Pucci inspired :wink: ) boots I decided on a (much) cheaper pair from Target.com . I was pleasently shocked when they arrived today, insides are fully lined, fit perfectly and seem to keep the cold out very well. Just thought I'd share my little find with you all--now I'm praying for rain! :flower:

B000296PD0.16._AA260_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read numerous posts about rainboots being uncomfortable and that some of them leak. i found rainboots designed by Tamara Henriques on line. They run $115! Wow!

However, the web site says they are fully cotton lined, and...they are 15" tall as compared to most rainboots that are 10-12" tall. The cotton lining sounds like a great idea.

Opinions ladies? Does anyone own a pair?

I own a pair of Burberry rain boots. I love them so much!
It took me forever to find them and living in California I was mocked constantly. But I do love them, and I think they are hot!

Here is a link to the Tamara Henriques rainboots that I have my eye on: http://tinyurl.com/6rbof

While you are at her web site, look around a little. She has a large variety of rainboots in lots of fun styles.

Rainboots are going to be HUGELY popular this Spring. Yesterday on the Today Show - Weekend Edition they had a fashion show with very colorful trench coats, umbrellas and rainboots. Campbel Brown (the co-host) fell in love with the rainboots by Tamara Henriques. Their fashion expert feels that rainboots are going to increase in popularity and as a result we'll continue to have even more boots to choose from! Yay!

umo S/S 07
about 50$
available in black, brown and olive

arthur.gr.jp

07he-4-1-11.jpg

07he-4-1-12.jpg

07he-4-1-13.jpg

07he-4-1-16.jpg

07he-4-1-19.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a MJ-pair, or maybe hunter. A very good friend of mine has some adorable Pucci's, but they're too cute, and "little girl"-ish.

I think they are ugly, but after stepping in a huge puddle while dodging a car coming at me and getting completely soaked, I choose dryness over fashion. I got myself a pair of black ones a few months ago :smile:

I like the ones Burberry makes.

"waterproof" (they can handle water, but wouldn't go for a swim with them..) by Marc:

index.jpg

index.jpg

net-a-porter

Hunter rain boots:

a-hunter-original-w23499-red.jpg

a-hunter-original-w23177-green.jpg

a-hunter-original-w23177-sort.jpg

lillevinkelsko

Ive started looking for a pair. Now that Im moving back up to a snowy climate, Ill need something to protect my feet/shoes.

All Ive seen for men is camo ones for hunting. I like the Burberry ones, but dont want to spend that much.

How much are those Hunter ones?

The hunter's are unisex, as far as i know. And anyway.. it's RAIN BOOTS.. :wink:

The hunters are around 150$, the Marc Jacobs flat ones 140$, the heeled ones around 650$.

Knee high Hunter rainboots are so chic...w/ a slendre jean and trench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->