Roberto Cavalli F/W 2006.07 Milan

The show was actually beautiful. No thumping bass music which added to the show so much.

After viewing the whole collection, I actually don't think it's that bad. It seems to me much more toned down than spring at least, so that's a good thing. There are some nice pieces that might be great if a few of the furs/feathers/extraneous embellisments were removed.

I like this collection very much, it looks a little to much on the first look but some amazing pieces. The colours and fabrics are great. The feahter dress is just funny, but there are some amazing red carpet dresses.

fashionista-ta said:
I agree with you ... and I think "sumptuous" could be the theme for almost everything. Interesting that while others have been going the "sexy tacky" route lately, both Versace and Cavalli have cleaned up their acts. It's still sexy, of course, but none of it offensively so (to me anyway).

I don't know that Gemma has ever looked sexier than she does in that dragon gown (though it does make you question what it would do to a normal pair of hips). The black Deco gown is just incredible ...

The one thing that bothered me was ... didn't someone (Galliano??) show Lily Cole in paisley for a recent couture show?
It was the Ukrainian show, or there was an ethnic theme ... That seemed like a pretty ballsy knockoff, same fabric, similar silhouette, same *model* ... or I guess it could be viewed as 'fessing up ...

I'm no expert on Cavalli's "body of work" :innocent: but this collection has to be some of the best he's ever done.
Is this Gaultier the one you were thinking of????
00050m.jpg

Style.com

The fabric, pattern and colors are nearly identical

I can't get over some of the details in this collection, they're beautiful. I wish I could get up close just to see how many beads went into one of these embroideries. And the fabrics....they're gorgeous
00060m.jpg
00130m.jpg

00160m.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2006/Q1/022620061043058414.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2006/Q1/022620061043122151.jpghttp://www.***************/image/2006/Q1/022620061043142331.jpg
style and elle.com

And I definitly agree with what you said fashionista-ta, this is probably the best collection he's done, at least of the ones I've seen. It has all of the opulence, sparkle and sex appeal that Cavalli loves, but it's all done in a much more refined way then what he usually does, there seems to be a sense of control here and that makes all the difference I think.

This is actually quite lovely stuff... It has an eastern sensibility, yet for some reason it reminds me of Klimt's artwork, and a good deal of Art Nouveau for that matter... I really wish he skipped the jeans and the fur, they don't carry the same level of elegance as the majority of the work and are ultimately distracting to the overall aesthetic.

Funny how all the negative comments are so offhanded and trite. Come on people, let's be thoughtfully critical :rolleyes:

^ Yes, that's the one, Spike :flower: I hesitated over maybe Gaultier, I knew it began with a G ... I really do miss my memory :D I must say, that couture coat was just extraordinarily well done--gorgeous. My first impression of the Cavalli paisley was potato sack, but as I look again I take that thought back ... it's simply loose as opposed to fitted.

I agree with you, some of those details are just to die for. I love that Art Nouveau border ... I wonder what's come over him ... I wonder who he's hired recently :ninja: :innocent: The workmanship is outstanding ... I imagine we have Chanel to thank for many of the luxurious details.

j´adore dior said:
does someone knows the name of the first violin song played during the clip at style.com, any information will be much appreciated :flower:.

thanks in advance.

i already got the name of it in case someone else might want it too, a friend of mine told me it was part of the soundtrack for the 87 movie called The Last Emperor, it´s called rain (i want a divorce) by Ryuichi Sakamoto.

This was the Cavalli show I fell in love with! The collection, the music, the setting and the campaign a few months later.

F/W 2006.07 was truly an amazing season!

The old Cavalli looks more glamorous and expensive than most of the stuff nowadays. I would not complain if the designer of the brand right now can learn a thing or two from the archive collections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobAllen4599
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->