Roger Vivier, Andrea Pfister-- the shoe masters of yesteryears

ingenue

Reaction score
Cant believe it! no thread on roger vivier and andrea pfister? two of the shoes greats in history :smile:
i have vivier's famous comma heel and his stiletto shoes. shoe lovers just gotta have those two pairs :smile: i wished my mom had bought the more embellished comma shoe but she only got them in black satin.
i have yet to see vivier's new shoes.. although i can say it aint the same if its not the master himself who makes them. i hope they bring back his famous comma heel!

as for andrea pfister, i like how he utilizes quirky materials to make his shoes. most of them arent the kind id wear but id buy anyway because they're very different :smile:

POST YOUR VIVIER/ PFISTER SHOES :smile::heart::heart::heart:

I have seen Roger's shoes, and they're a dream... and they're expensive as hell :cry:

Roger Vivier [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]| Contents | Search | Links | Email |[/font]Talented shoe designer, Roger Vivier designed extravagant, decorated shoes that he described as sculptures. He is credited with the invention of the stiletto spike heel by using a thin rod of steel encased in plastic that was able to support the wearers weight. He was described as the "Fragonard of the shoe" and his shoes as "the Faberge of footwear." Ava Gardner, Queen Elizabeth II and The Beatles were all fans of his shoes.

He designed shoes for Christian Dior between 1953 and 1963. During his time their he created a number of new heel shapes including the comma and the stiletto. Silk, pearl and bead trimmings, lace, paste, appliqué and jewels were all used to decorate his unique shoes.

In the 60s Vivier made silk-satin knee boots, outlined in jewels, and thigh-high evening boots in a black elasticised knit with beads. The most copied shoes of the decade were his Pilgrim pumps with silver buckles

Vivier's shoes are now highly sought after by museums all over the world. His shoes are on display at the Costume Institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and the Musée du Costume et de la Mode at the Louvre
from geocities.com

Some Roger Viviers' :heart:

Im dying over these :o
100120947.jpg

:heart:
100120959.jpg

100120962.jpg
100120960.jpg

The new Roger Vivier showroom in Paris at 29 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.
100120963.jpg

from style.com

these are designed by Bruno Frisoni

Beautiful... I saw a pair of Roger Vivier shoes on ebay once, pretty cheap, figured they were designer... had no idea who he was though, and didn't buy them. *ashamed* Beautiful shoes. Beautiful.

TheSoCalledPrep said:
btw, GREAT topic ingenue.
thanks! Leila M, Im charging my cam now, ill take photos in the daylite tomorrow :woot:

the shoes arent so much to look at since theyre not embellished but they're classics since theyre both black :P

one is satin with a silver comma heel--> i think vivier made them (in the 80s) before his untimely passing.

The stiletto heeled shoe however also in black, was made when he was still w CD-- hence the Vivier for CD marking. ill take photos, no worries :smile:

id LOVE to have that pink comma heel :woot::heart::woot::heart:

i was looking at the style.com photos posted.. the embellished pink shoes look yummy, as do the ribbon pink shoes.... :woot::woot::heart::heart:

forgot to mention this-- roger vivier's shoe salon is not available to the public YET, or so i have been told. its by private appointment only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mai hue
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->