Roisin Murphy : Lady Gaga stole my look!

Having been a fan of Moloko (Roisin's original band) since day one, I always found Goldfrapp to be a boring, sub-par version of both Moloko and to some degree Portishead.

Anyway, you really don't know much about Roisin if you just "discovered" her prior to Fashion Rocks a couple of years ago. She's been putting out material since 1995. Also, I "salivate" over her because the woman is indeed talented and worthy of every praise she receives. It has nothing to do with the public's lack of knowledge. Speak for yourself next time, bud. :wink:

I said I listened to Roisin BEFORE the Fashion Rocks show, that is just when the majority of people I know found out about her. I don't really get your comparison to Portishead but, okay, if you say so. Don't get me wrong, I like Roisin, I just hate when artists think they are the first and only of their kind. Arrogance and ego shouldn't belong in music and art but unfortunately nowadays it is hard to find humbleness in any field.

Goldfrapp was compared to Portishead with their first album, Felt Mountain.

Anyway, Roisin has never claimed to be the originator of anything. She constantly cites Grace Jones and Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth as inspirations. Therefore, I don't understand the arrogance or ego that you speak of.

Goldfrapp was compared to Portishead with their first album, Felt Mountain.

Anyway, Roisin has never claimed to be the originator of anything. She constantly cites Grace Jones and Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth as inspirations. Therefore, I don't understand the arrogance or ego that you speak of.

The topic of this post. The accusation of someone stealing her look of wearing outlandish clothing. I am beginning to think that the story is fake but nevertheless, I just hate when artists down other artists by calling copycat when they are doing nothing but copying/referencing someone themselves. That is nothing but pure ego and immaturity, just like a child saying, "I had that toy before anyone else at my school did" or how people like to mention, "I listened to *insert artist here* before anyone else did". I don't want to argue, I love Roisin, I just hated this whole controversy which I do believe is fake, hopefully.

THe minute people started praising Gaga for her fashion sense, the nest second others started to make announcements of being cheated like Madonna,Roisin,tec... Uhhhh get a life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->