Romina Lanaro

backstage

DSC_7562.450x675.JPG

style.com

New interview :wink: (translated by Google, lol)

Romina Lanaro: "I had no idea who was Prada"

Simple, authentic, without any pretense. So is this model that debuted in the major international runways and today, at age 28, continues to work in Europe and the U.S.

She is punctual and has a docility to the work that speaks of her career. At 19 he boarded a plane to Paris and debuted as an international model for Prada. Since then, Romina Lanaro do not stop.... she work with major brands: Chanel, Elie Saab, Chloé, Dior, Gucci, Jean Paul Gaultier, Viktor and Rolf, Versace and Michael Kors, among others.

Now, at 28, she has installed three years in Argentina and traveled to Europe and New York for the fashion weeks, or to fulfill contracts. However, this month she going to Paris and expected part settle there with her family for a while -She is married to model Federico Moyano, with whom she had her only child, Max-. Romina Lanaro lives in a fantasy world, but with both feet firmly on the ground. So realize what this is about being an international model.

- What is your job?
Since I started, I doing fashion shows and campaigns. Now add commercials (lookbooks and shorts). I'm at a good time for this kind of work because they summon big girls and highly value the experience and attitude. When they're building you like a model, the agencies who represent you, they will ask you to pay more attention to the runway shows and the editorials. Once you have a career, you can extend the range.

- What is the experience which most impressed you?
My first parade. They sent me to a casting agency and I went with all my innocence because I honestly had no idea who was Prada. It was a time when Argentina did not come to much information, so people were not connected and the distance you could see more.

- How is the job interview of a model?
Those are always a representative of the agency contracted to the casting, the designer and stylist. During the interview may ask you to walk, make a photo shoot and some people will take measures. Since you chose for the book, but is a bit corroborate that they liked the pictures. The interview are very quiet and respectful.

- What were the shows that you liked most?
The designers who make shows instead of parades, as Marc Jacobs, at the time Galliano and Karl Lagerfeld. These shows will put you goosebumps for the music, the clothes, the make-up and the face of the people.

- Who establishes a model?
Normally those who put fashion a model are the photographers. But the important thing for us is not be famous, but be requested. Outside, photographers take many more choices here. Many times they who asked to work with one or the other girl, not the designers as many people think.

- How was your relationship with them?
Well, but it cost me a lot because I am very shy and low profile. There was much insistence on the part of the agencies to work my attitude and I did, with a lot of will.

- The years help?
A lot. Today I stand before a camera and nobody has to say anything. I make the first poses, the faces of those who look on and I know I have what they want. Nobody tells me what I have to do with my hair. That gives you the experience, nothing more. The photographers appreciate it. So I am in a time when I really enjoy my career.

-If you had the chance to start back, what would you do differently?
I would go abroad younger. I came to France with 19, and if I were to start, I would at 16. Sounds: What a beast! But the majority reaches that age and increasingly looking more young models.

- Why this trend so unnatural?
It's part of the business. There are models that lasted so much who became celebrities unaffordable. Now they try not to become famous. They work from a very young age for three years and then they disappear. They remain only very few seasons. If one stands out is because of her personality.

- Worst of the profession?
The waits. You have to find what to do with free time. In Argentina they want you from noon for a show at night. In Europe cite you four hours maximum prior to departure (in runways with many people and production). In New York, they are much more relaxed, two hours reach.

- Do you see the new girls and remind you of you?
The model of beauty changed. Now look much thinner girls with more masculine traits, androgynous.

- How did you live the uprooting from Rosario to Buenos Aires and then to Paris?
I was always independent. Anyway I had my moments of crisis and always felt there contained by my family. I grabbed an attack and phoned home to say: I turn. On the other hand, my mom and dad told me: If you want... back to home, but analyzes everything that you gave the profession and takes stock. Never take a decision after a bad day.

-Tell me something for which you have wanted to return.
Actually it was always because I missed and I could hardly sustain without strong affections. Was in crisis every time I had to travel to New York suddenly. I always liked to live in Paris. Instead, New York is only for a couple of days and do shopping. Living there I was bored.

- As you look at the future?
My next few years working full. At the same time, they also start to think about a life without this profession. In fact I just finished a degree in gastronomy, in addition to teaching me to cook helped me connect more with the reality of the majority. Being a model forces you everyday a little different from the rest.

- Do you see a restaurant or a business for the category?
I see. I'm a good hostess. Never occurred to me, but in Paris I became friends with a guy who knows a lot and started to go wine tasting and tasting ... I went to Argentina and came up with this project in mind. This friend advised me to study here the basic rules and then encouraged me to create. I'm on it. But for now it's a hobby of amateur.

BEST OF THE PROFESSION
"Travel and see a different world than it was until I started working as a model."
"Meet people very differently, see other cultures and understand that not everything is one way."
"Another important thing that gave me this race was that I did with my image amigara. I had always fought with my height and my leanness. Arrived to make model casting at the insistence of the environment, not because I think that I'm pretty. Newborn I was in France and I felt good with my aesthetic. "

BELOVED TROPHIES
*The first thing she bought with your salary was a Chanel bag. And slowly been building its collection. "I have several like this Prada. My friends insist to make a fair and sell it.

To see the full interview in spanish, click here.

HARPER'S BAZAAR ARGENTINA FEBRUARY 2013

Look 1 Model Management Facebook

She seems so humble and eloquent--as if we needed more reasons to adore her.

She is no more with Viva Paris.

And here some old editorials.

VOGUE NIPPON OCTOBER 2004
A Free Spirit

Photographed by:
Vincent Peters
Styled by: Karina Givargisoff
Hair: Stéphane Lancien
Make-up: Karim Rahman

scanned by Kanna

VOGUE ITALIA DECEMBER 2004
Evening on the Down-Low

Photographed by:
Steven Meisel
Styled by: Edward Enninful
Hair: Garren for Garren NY Salon
Make up: Pat McGrath for Giorgio Armani Cosmetics

scanned by Vnvi

The Row Fall/Winter 2013 New York HQ

Oscar de la Renta Fall/Winter 2013 New York HQs

Michael Kors Fall/Winter 2013 New York HQs

vogue.it / fashionising.com

Michael Kors Fall/Winter 2013 New York Backstage

eastnews.ru

"Boquitas Pintadas" ("Heartbreak Tango") for Harper's Bazaar Argentina April 2013

Photographers: Luciana Val + Franco Musso
Stylist: JB
Hair: Johny Dean
Make-up: Natali Rensin + Gabriela Donaire

Models: Romina Lanaro + Eliana at Visage + Juan Manuel at Look1

Source: Visual Optimism (visualoptimism.blogspot.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
She's looking great. I've always had a soft spot for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->