Saint Laurent Paris Eyewear F/W 12.13 : Brayden P & Melissa S by Hedi Slimane

^But so was Stefano's last collection, the pieces do look a hell of a lot like his last collection and if the ad is for F/W 12.13 then it is obviously his last collection, unless this is for resort ? this was shot back in July.

This is the epitome of Slimane's aesthetic and anyone who isn't familiar should know this is what he has done and what he will always do, I'm not really expecting anything on the scale of what Annie L. or M&M do, because ultimately Hedi is a designer, just like Lagerfeld and with him wanting complete creative freedom with the brand including advertising, for me only makes him a Lagerfeld rip-off so to speak.

I have to admit as cynical as I am over the situation, I do love the womenswear shot, it has Hedi's androgynous stamp on it, it's simple and straight to the point.

^Slimane is ok, his aesthetic is fine. The problem is why you would replace an emotional genius with first a sales rep with really good taste, then a stilted near-mute and finally some sort of minimalist American Psycho kind of guy. I mean, what's the point. Wouldn't it be possible to start a new hype around Slimane? I think the world is ready for new name brands, the business ppl just need to figure out a way.

Slimane has a very strong aesthetic and it would be quite possible to build an empire around him alone. The first three years might see lower profits, but then it would probably take off fast. But somehow that doesn't work with the current business model. It probably has something to do with controlling the designers. When the most talented ones are connected with an old name they are easy to replace, so if they missbehave, they are just clinically excised.

I find this to be quite good and evocative of the Le Smoking-wearing YSL women. Symbolically, it is also fitting, to top off such a classic image with a new logo. "Everything changes, but nothing changes" a la Christian Lacroix for Hermes.

And Hedi is a much better photographer than Karl. I like the use of shadows.

Love the concept here, nothing new, but I still love it. Just very clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianarimar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->