SAMPLE - 100 Fashion Designers 010 Curators

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Sample presents 100 of the most outstanding fashion designers who have emerged internationally in the last five or six years. Selected by 10 of the most respected figures in the field-a mixture of leading designers and stylists,writers and curators-it's a must-see-exhibition in a book.

Previously unpublished sketches,candid backstage photographs,iconic advertising campaigns and images personally assembled by the featured designers are presented on its pages. Sample is an indespensible reference tool,not only for design professionals but anyone with an interest in fashion.
Curators:
Tim Blanks
Patricia Carta
Ulrich Lehmann
Alexander McQueen
Arianne Phillips
Harriet Quick
Stephen Todd
Kyoichi Tauzuki
Walter Van Beiredonck
Brana Wolf

They each curate designers of their own choices.

I won't list the entire roster of talents showcased but some highlighted talents that might be of interest

Haider Ackermann(Stephen Todd)
Boudicca(McQueen)
Preen(McQueen)
Emma Cook(Quick)
Christian Wijnants(Van Beirendonck)
Bruno Pieters(Van B.)
Bruce(Arianne Phillips)
Blaak(Tim Blanks)
Miguel Adrover(Brana Wolf)
Under Cover(Brana Wolf)
Sophia Kokosalaki(McQueen)
Cosmic Wonder(Van B.)
Bernhard Willhelm(Van B.)
Wendy+Jim(Lehmann)
Ann-Sofie Back(Lehmann)
Anne-Valerie Hash(Todd)
Martin Grant(Todd)
Susan Cianciolo(Lehmann)
G+N(Van B.)
Chloe by Pheobe Philo(Brana Wolf)
Alber Elbaz for Lanvin(Brana Wolf)

The quality of the actual content in this book really holds up to the great list of designers that are in it. It's quite frankly one of the most beautifully composed and designed books I've ever purchased. The cover is great too-they made it look as if it has a cascade of pleats.

p1494_sample.jpg

I do wish one had included somebody like Tess Giberson since she's come along quite strongly in the last years-and this only come out last year so...

*lists and quote directly from my copy*image frieze.com

Last edited by a moderator:
If I can locate some decent spoiler pics I will post them but the ones I saw on Amazon aren't the best quality.

That book is so beautiful. Not only the inside, but also the outside.
But I'm a bit broke, so I'm not able to buy it:(

interesting :woot:

definitely some great picks.. on that list ^_^

Thanks Estella! And you're welcome ^_^

Yeah the pictures in it from front to back are amazing! I have to admit though,I really initially became interested in it because I saw that they had included these beautiful look-book images from the A/W 03 collection by Christian Wijnants-which is my favourite.

Oh and I forgot to mention,Robert Normand was a pick as well. There's some great images from some collections I haven't even seen. Definitely justifies my deep interest in his work.

I've been meaning to buy it for months, but it's rather heavy to carry around the city while shopping. The design is wonderful, the content is a plus. :P

Here's some pics from Walter's curatation:
Quirky accessory duo A'N'D
AND1.jpg

Cosmic Wonder-
cosmicwonder1.jpg

Frieda Degeyter:smile:heart:smile:
friedadegeyter1.jpg

Bruno Pieters-
brunopieters1.jpg
brunopieters2.jpg

Christian Wijnants(these pictures,of course!!)
christian2.jpg

*images waltervanbeirendonck.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, thanks so much Scott! ^_^

Cosmic Wonder, Pieters, Wijnants :heart:

I got this book for my birthday - it is wonderful. But ever so hard to scan because it's HUGE!

I want it, too! It's too expensive for me though. Anyone know some similar books that are less expensive?

i have and love this book! its absolutely gorgeous. i got it for around 55 dollars on amazon, but it was definitely worth it

^indeed it was!

Yeah, 55 USD really isn't that expensive considering retail it's about 93USD!!

I think I've seen this somewhere in stores---it certainly looks like a great book. I'm very interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->