San Francisco Shopping

faust

Reaction score
I'm going to SanFran in late May, and I was thinking to check out their shopping scene. Are there any stores along the likes of Jeffrey's, Barneys, etc...?

Around UNION SQUARE there's a big Neiman Marcus. RIGHT next to it, across the street, there's the LV boutique. Across the street on the other side of the Neiman is a Gucci boutique...as well as Dior and several others...and on Maiden Lane in the same area is the Chanel boutique (my SA there told me they just got a big S/S and resort shipment in) and in the same area, an Hermes boutique... I think there's also a Saks in the Union Square area too...
I suggest just wander around the area and you're bound to find loads of goodies :flower: Hope you have a wonderful trip!
BTW this is kinda random but theres also the Cheesecake factory at the top of the Macys in Union Square if you want an inexpensive lunch with a great view hehe

meowmix is right-all around Union Square there are so many great places to shop. Anthropologie is my favorite! There is also a great little Thai place in Union Square if you like Thai food.

if you want to check out any cool boutiques go to haight st, there is villans vault, shoe biz, an awesome exchange called wasteland, etc etc. also go to american rag, although i forget the cross streets.

Moving To San Francisco!

Help everyone! I am moving to San Francisco June 22 for the rest of the summer to live with my boyfriend. I will be in the East Bay/Castro Valley area. I have NEVER been to SF in my life, and only to California once!!

If anyone has any good SF sites like good places to go, etc, etc please let me know....
also, anything specific clothing-wise I should buy before going there? and any other tips/advice on things in general?
What can I expect? I don't really know specifically what I am asking but anything would help!

Thanks everyone!!! : ) :flower:

some good SF websites:

www.sfstation.com
citysearch.sanfrancisco.com
www.sfgate.com

SF Station has sections for entertainment, festivals, shopping, etc. and links to other venues, museums, stores. SFgate is the official website for the San Francisco Chronicle and Examiner newspapers. They have info on events, news and weather.

San Francisco never really gets *hot* or *cold*. The hottest months of the year are August, September and October (where it gets into the 80s-90s). Gets chilly at night, so the best advice I can give you is layer. I usually wear cute t-shirts and tanks over a cardigan or blazer, jeans or skirts and heels. SF has a reputation for not being very dressy; people wear flip flops and birkenstocks ALOT. It tends to be much warmer in the East Bay than in the city, so be aware of that if you are planning on going out in the city.

The summer is a great time to be in SF. There are tons of festivals and concerts, like street fairs and jazz fests.

I :heart: SF. I just got back from there two weeks ago. Check out Fillmore Street (in Pacific Heights), Hayes Valley and Noe Valley - all cool areas. For nightlife Mission is the area, but it's a bit shady. SF has some very cool stores, such as Cielo, Gimmeshoes, and Nida. Like kimair said, it doesn't get too hot or too cold, so invest in some light sweaters and light jackets. Enjoy!

oooooo-so jealous! I love SF. kimair is right about the clothes. Layering is good-things you can add on or take off. I love the weather there!

www.sfarts.org
it doesn't get too cold in castro valley. if you get closer to the bay, it does get colder but cv is more inland.
mission is the area for the hipsters where you hear chains clinging and clanging all day long. but it is a great area like faust said. definitely check out the noe and castro.
you'll love sf, it's got the city feel and the laid back beauty. i love it, i grew up in it!

Thanks again you guys!! I am so excited!
will definitely try all the places you mentioned and will let you know how it goes!!!
:flower:

H&M opening in San Francisco's Union square

So I dropped by Borders on Union Square today on my way to work when I see a huge sign for H&M, a 50 foot female **** in a pair of jeans that read "Jeans $34.99" Fall 2005.

The first words that came out of my mouth.."Mother fu*ker.." when they finally decide to build one when I move away.

Well, I'm not that upset, I just wanted to grab some of the Karl stuff but I don't think that's going to happen anymore.

But I think some bay area folk will be glad to hear.

yea, i was really psyched to hear this...now all they need to do is get zara out here...:innocent:

It's sort of close enough. They really need to open one in Los Angeles. I've gone so far as to send corporate emails asking them to open one in LA. I wonder if they even read them......

mouko said:
The first words that came out of my mouth.."Mother fu*ker.." when they finally decide to build one when I move away.

OMG, I just cursed them too along similar lines when I read the thread title.

The entire time I lived there I wished they had a store there and where I live now there is not a snowball's chance in hell of them building one.

Grrr.....:evil:

i wish they'd open one in san antonio... :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVV
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->