Seven For All Mankind Jeans

cristancherie

Reaction score
I recently bought about 50 pairs of Seven jeans to sell on Ebay. i sold one to a girl who says that it is not authentic. How do i spot a fake from a real pair?

Originally posted by cristancherie@Sep 1 2004, 02:36 PM
I recently bought about 50 pairs of Seven jeans to sell on Ebay. i sold one to a girl who says that it is not authentic. How do i spot a fake from a real pair?
[snapback]352772[/snapback]​

LOL! Hahahaha. They're probably Fake if you were able to buy 50 pairs of Seven Jeans which retail for $150 each on average and then sell them for $50.

Originally posted by cristancherie@Sep 1 2004, 02:36 PM

the tag on the hip and the back pocket stitching more specifically the direction of the stiching is generally a give away

Search on ebay for European Silk Company's guide to 'SPOT FAKE SEVEN JEANS'. I bought it and you will learn SO MUCH from it.

I don't want to give away their tips on here, cause, you know... that's kind of taking away their profits. :blush:

They could be the Express verison of Sevens, which I believe Express was forced to pull of its shelves........

Originally posted by Theory@Sep 1 2004, 08:02 PM
They could be the Express verison of Sevens, which I believe Express was forced to pull of its shelves........
[snapback]353444[/snapback]​
What was the deal with that???

Copyright infringement. They copied the name and stitching. That's all I remember.

Ya, and then lied to everybody (including employees) about who actually made the jeans. :angry: Not that i would have bought a pair anyways :sick:

Originally posted by cristancherie@Sep 1 2004, 12:36 PM

you probably confused seven7 with seven for all mankind

ouch. you should post a picture of the jeans so we know what your jeans look like :doh:

Originally posted by Mr A4@Sep 14 2004, 02:58 AM
ouch. you should post a picture of the jeans so we know what your jeans look like :doh:
[snapback]366613[/snapback]​

Dude, you drive an Audi?

Only an Express shopper could be so gullible and fall for such a lie..... :innocent:

Originally posted by Holland_MULTIMEDIA*@Sep 2 2004, 12:32 AM
Ya, and then lied to everybody (including employees) about who actually made the jeans. :angry: Not that i would have bought a pair anyways :sick:
[snapback]353730[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Mr A4@Sep 14 2004, 09:52 PM
Yup. Is that okay?
[snapback]367581[/snapback]​

Woot. I have an A4, too! :smile:

Well.. back to the subject... I have some links that might help you determine whether or not your jeans are authentic 7 for all mankind jeans.

http://www.fakeseven.com - Covers primarily the fake Pink A pockets all over ebay, and this information as well as a bit more are covered in that guide one of the other posters mentioned from the European Silk Company (I bought it as well)

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/killerheels - About Me page for ebay user killerheels... shows you what should not be confused with 7 for all mankind jeans, as well as some other helpful info

http://www.no-fake-jeans.de.vu - This site is in German but you can use a translator for it... plus the images usually say it all! :smile: It covers BOTH fakes for 7 for all mankind as well as Citizens of Humanity (can you believe people fake those now too?? SICK!) You will see that unfortunately, not only the Pink A's are faked, but even some bootcut styles... ebay buyers beware!

And by the way, if any of you live in Australia, there is a jeans company there called Just Jeans that bought a bunch of Seven7 jeans (NOT 7 for all mankind) and claim that they are the "cult" jeans from America .... WRONG!

And for clarification, there are at least three denim brands based around the number '7' that have been confused by many a consumer:

7 for all mankind - Only the original.. made in the USA, and look great on most bodies

Seven7 Co - French designer Maurice Ohayon's brand who technically existed before 7 for all mankind but don't quite look or fit the same as 7FAM

Seven 7 Jeans by Express - no longer being made as they were sued by 7FAM over trademark violations.

Both of the non 7FAM have a back pocket signature with a loop and sometimes a big and a smaller loop on the back. Do NOT confuse those with the 7FAM squiggle.

The main things:
- Familiarize yourself with the way 7FAM does their washes... it is VERY distinctive
- Usually if they don't mention the wash and make up something like, this is the vintage worn out look in dark blue, you'll need to look even harder into it, unless you're POSITIVE they're 7's and the seller just doesn't know what they're selling.
- CAREFULLY look at back pockets
- Get good shots of hardware and labels
- Watch out for jeans that are described as stretch on one label and 100% Cotton in the SAME PAIR
- Be wary of the NWT's that have the leopard print looking tags on them supposedly from "designsbystephene.com" those are almost guaranteed fakes
- 7FAM no matter how new, don't come in logo BAGS!!!!

Anyway PHEW! That's all I can manage to say right now... I think I'm just going to have to copy and paste that next time cuz that's a lot to type everytime someone asks about how to check for authenticity on 7's :smile: In fact, I just created a new blog and put this in as my first post :smile: As much as I love talking about 7's and such, my fingers can only type the same thing so much, heh.

P.S. I hate it when people try to sell those fugly Express Seven7's and put in the the description that all the celebs wear em! Eww!

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Sep 17 2004, 05:23 AM
Great post rozziland... wonderful info and sites... welcome to TFS :woot:
[snapback]370018[/snapback]​

Thank you :smile: I think it's important that a lot of people are aware of these things... well people who actually likes 7's or CoH's heh. :smile: You wouldn't BELIEVE the amount of people selling the fake Pink A's on a similar site to ebay... it's disgusting... the less people that get ripped off, the better... cuz that merchandise will only serve to disappoint.

I really like Joe's Jeans, in both the Honey and Socialite styles. I still have my sevens, but they're not my favorites. I like them, just not my favorites.

i love seven jeans .they're not my favorite brand for like how they look, but they just fit me the absolute best. sooo flattering. i wear my multi-colored a-pockets all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svtlana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->