Seven Jeans Next Collaboration

as gauche as they look, they're guaranteed sales. seven jeans have become establishment like diesel and levi's.

You have got to be kidding me.

These are the ugliest jeans I have seen in my whole life.

Its just ridiculous.

Where do you draw the line?

Cloud9, the jeans you posted are some of the ugliest jeans I have ever seen. £355, £430, £465???! Are you serious??! How in the world is that price justified? :shock:

sounds like its going to be weak and yucky..who cares? Aren't jeans supposed to be loved and enjoyed by everyone? Gosh and I've never ever heard of Great China wall

Those jeans with the pattern look like something you would buy from Kids 'R Us...

mikeijames said:
as gauche as they look, they're guaranteed sales. seven jeans have become establishment like diesel and levi's.

I agree.. they are guaranteed sales. Which is sad and ridiculous at the same time. I have to admit I do like Citizens, but Sevens are being way out of line now. And I don't know how they can even claim to be underground.. like whaaat? If you have not heard about Sevens by now then you're really outta the loop (in America at least). But I can imagine those "fashion-conscious" prep school girls who don't have to pay rent bugging their daddies for $500 jeans that look like they came straight out of Wal-Mart just to prove to the other girls they are better because they have more money to spend on diasterous jeans that they can top off with a Juicy Couture off-the-shoulder top and matching charm bracelet.:yuk: ..just so they can think they are true chic fashionistas

Aaaah... someone stop this!!!

I am so sick and tired of these lames that claim to grassroot.. It gives grassroot designers such a hard time.. I hate Sevens and because thay are now manufactured in Orlando Florida every corner store is selling them.. As for GreatChina I like the embrodery stuff but it so sold now in Lucky retail stores..So as for underground I'll stick to custom vintage Levis real underground sh*t........

Cloud9 I am a newbe on this site but those jeans remind me of child play. The sick thing is that these jeans are actually going to sell, and the people wearing them are actually going to think that they are styling with a pair on... This is so SAD.. My 2 year old makes better designs.....L@@K haahhahah

There is just no justification in paying so much for over-priced, badly done crap. Pity that Seven has to do this ..yuke!
There are certainly more creative and credible ways to revive a brand.
Most people can smell a marketing gimmick miles away.

Oh and Rodrigo, your daughter is really cute..so are the overalls on the floor :wink:

surfermegz said:
You know jeans are weird. I'm 5'11 which makes it hard for me to find cute jeans that are long enough, which is why I love Juicy, Paper Denim and Seven. But if the prices will get that high, it's not worth it anymore :(

Am going to serial post here, as I don't know how to do otherwise...

I'm pretty tall as well. Sevens and Paper and Juicy are all too short for me. I wont' be seen in Juicy in public (or private). B/c of this, I turned all my Seven and Paper jeans into shorts for the summer.

It was very gratifying, being that they didn't fit right below the knee anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post # 36

....this is just WRONG.

these are the most UGLIEST (not the mention the most outrageously priced) sevens i have ever seen.

whats wrong with GCW?
i was expecting customized denim with their signature designs similar to their hoodies..
(which isnt THAT good either, but definitely better than this)
this looks something a 10 yr old would make with DIY stick on rhinestones. :sick: :sick:

oh pics are from browns.

Those are :sick: , to say the least. Granted, I will drop a lot of $$$ for jeans that are worth the price, but there's no way in h*** I could justify the cost of those. Nor would I want to...

philip gentleman said:
the only people wearing seven in nyc are co-eds with no taste and striped-shirt guys. seven is easily the worst thing that happened to denim since fubu.

Right on, brother!

why the heck is everyone so dramatic? if you don't like something, the don't buy it. no need it ruin it for everyone else. i dont get the "HATE HATE HATE" talk. i detest it when people feel the need to bash everything that others enjoy and purchase.

People have been saying this for years now and the staying power of Sevens has remained strong, in fact they almost are considered staples (as Levis were) as opposed to a trend. They are quite ubiquitious, but it all depends on how the wearer puts them together. They still make some nice washes, offer a huge selection of fits and styles and even make some without the traditional logo for those who wish to avoid that. The brand continues to gain momentum even as designer denim adds a brand every week. Look at how Paper Denim has fallen off the map somewhat, Yanuks were once so hot now they are gone. These flash in the pan brands may work for a season, but people still return to Sevens....

I also find the constant bashing of the brand a bit amusing. I love how people say oh, THOSE girls wear it, yet they are searching for a an even trendier brand to define themselves as unique...if its not about the brand, just buy some jeans from Target, but people really need to get off their supposed high horse and how only tacky suburban girls wear Sevens......if you are secure in how you look and what you wear it doesn't matter who wears it and how popular it is...that just goes to show that many people buy the item for what people will think of it (and there's a lot of backlash against the popularity of Sevens now) as opposed to buying the item because they truly like it.....:innocent:

Fade to Black said:
It's good to hear that Sevens are on their way out...never been a fan, especially with the whole "fashion-conscious" crowd on campus here wearing them to death.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with Great China Wall, here's some of their other stuff:

GCWJessArmy.gif
GCWswordtankTMB.gif

GCWbirdsweatshirtTMB.gif
GCWrealityhoodieTMB.gif

Which isn't really similar to the jeans at all.

As much as I disagree with the direction that Sevens are going with their brand, I can't deny the fact that they are the best fitting jeans I have ever owned in my life. I wish they would have just stuck to basic styles. Why rhinestones? Why the collaboration with a cheesy, trendy brand? I have no idea but I'll still be wearing my original pairs I bought several years back...

Also, side note, Paper Denims don't fit me as well as Seven but I do have one pair I bought 2+ years ago and have washed literally TONS of times and they just keep getting better and better. They are REALLY good quality.

Nicole-Style said:
For those of you that are unfamiliar with Great China Wall, here's some of their other stuff:

GCWrealityhoodieTMB.gif

Which isn't really similar to the jeans at all.

i know thats why i was so surprised. i really dont knwo whre the rhinestones came from.

about bashing sevens.
its completely wrong to bash sevens just because they are considered "over" by some people. yes they are rather over exposed, but they do have different fits for almost everyone and they really have established themselves as a good/steady denim brand.

while i dont agree with ppl dissing seven for them being "over", dissing sevens collaboration with GCW is a completely different issue imo.

personally. im mad at seven for their high prices of these underground collaboration jeans.. and i cant stand the fact that these jeans are the absolute worst sevens ever. actually.. more like absolute worst "premium jeans" ever.

i dont have a prob with ppl wearing sevens. i have a couple pairs myself.
my idea is that if it fits, wear them. i wont have a prob wearing a pair from kmart if they fit me nicely.
but i will never understand ppl buying these GCW collab jeans..
thats another issue.

Theory said:
I also find the constant bashing of the brand a bit amusing. I love how people say oh, THOSE girls wear it, yet they are searching for a an even trendier brand to define themselves as unique...if its not about the brand, just buy some jeans from Target, but people really need to get off their supposed high horse and how only tacky suburban girls wear Sevens......if you are secure in how you look and what you wear it doesn't matter who wears it and how popular it is...that just goes to show that many people buy the item for what people will think of it (and there's a lot of backlash against the popularity of Sevens now) as opposed to buying the item because they truly like it.....:innocent:

Thank you, Theory! :clap: I personally find that Sevens fit me extremely well, the quality of the denim is lovely, and they do have so beautiful washes. Granted, I really dislike this new line that they're coming out with, but I really don't understand why people are so hostile towards Sevens... they are great quality jeans, and seem to be standing the test of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->