Sexual Misconduct Allegations in the Fashion Industry

^ That's right. And it can happen so many times for 2 main reasons :

1) checking when the model will be ready
2) to look after the stylist to talk about something

Now with this new generation (raised with empty social justice principles learned on social medias) labelling people so easily without any substantial facts and therefore ruining reputations and careers, I (as a stylist) stand so far away from them on set.

I prefer shouting at loud to my assistants to hurry up now and being labelled as rude and demanding than dressing a model myself and touching a nipple involuntarily and hear that I did "sexual assault" .

I can guess the reaction of Ben. Years and years in the industry being professional and you have this wannabe actress screaming out loud you are a creep just because you randomly came why she was changing, I'd be furious too.

But as you all said, we need more information.

^ That's right. And it can happen so many times for 2 main reasons :

1) checking when the model will be ready
2) to look after the stylist to talk about something

Now with this new generation (raised with empty social justice principles learned on social medias) labelling people so easily without any substantial facts and therefore ruining reputations and careers, I (as a stylist) stand so far away from them on set.

I prefer shouting at loud to my assistants to hurry up now and being labelled as rude and demanding than dressing a model myself and touching a nipple involuntarily and hear that I did "sexual assault" .

I can guess the reaction of Ben. Years and years in the industry being professional and you have this wannabe actress screaming out loud you are a creep just because you randomly came why she was changing, I'd be furious too.

But as you all said, we need more information.

I mean, you've already made up your mind lol, so what more info do you actually need at this point?

We don't have both sides of the story, no, but it could be more of a misunderstand, as well. Perhaps he came in and tried to stay and chat while she was changing and couldn't get the hint to leave, until he was told to do so and then had an attitude.

Not saying he deserved to be publicly be called out like this, but I do think to completely dismiss her feelings in the situation isn't fair. The same way I think it is unfair to only have part of the story and put him on blast.

^ it’s a very serious accusation with serious professional and potentially legal consequences, for both of them. If you don’t provide enough information, mention the transgression and are simply sharing your “feelings” about a situation, then you’re being highly irresponsible and your feelings can be dismissed. I don’t file a lawsuit, accuse tonton73 of relentless cyberbullying and go ask the judge to not focus so much on what happened but on how I feel about the situation.

‘Calling out’ someone on social media is so easy and so far, more of a pro than a con for someone’s brand, it’s an informal trial that wires people to think your word suffices and you’re not obliged to provide any evidence, but we shouldn’t undermine the justice system and forget that it’s designed the way it is (facts and evidence, not feelings and emotions) to reduce what has always happened: condemning the innocent at the request of the more powerful. This girl may be a starlet but currently, she HAS the bigger platform and audience.

^ it’s a very serious accusation with serious professional and potentially legal consequences, for both of them. If you don’t provide enough information, mention the transgression and are simply sharing your “feelings” about a situation, then you’re being highly irresponsible and your feelings can be dismissed. I don’t file a lawsuit, accuse tonton73 of relentless cyberbullying and go ask the judge to not focus so much on what happened but on how I feel about the situation.

‘Calling out’ someone on social media is so easy and so far, more of a pro than a con for someone’s brand, it’s an informal trial that wires people to think your word suffices and you’re not obliged to provide any evidence, but we shouldn’t undermine the justice system and forget that it’s designed the way it is (facts and evidence, not feelings and emotions) to reduce what has always happened: condemning the innocent at the request of the more powerful. This girl may be a starlet but currently, she HAS the bigger platform and audience.

I agree that it is a very serious allegation, indeed. And I also agree that it is much easier and for someone to spill their feelings and have that amplified much more and gives an unfair "advantage" to the person reacting vs the person who is being accused.

I think with social media, it has actually weakened those that come forward with allegations of misconduct because, due to cancel culture, and the swiftness these allegations have to damaging someone's career, people have started to question motives and intent. Which, to a degree, I believe is a good thing, so that we can get both sides of the story. Although, we don't in most cases, because it's a much juicier story on the side of the accuser.

And LOL at me being accused of "relentless cyberbullying."

So, because I disagree with you on multiple posts, that's cyberbullying? Perhaps, it's a "misunderstanding."

^ pretty sure I’ve never interacted with you before, it was an example but you can’t say it’s not a good one! if I said here that you DM’ed me and were.. ‘creepy to say the least’ (even though you were just asking me how to attach pictures and told me it would be easier via whatsapp), I may have misread your message, but calling you ‘creepy’, in public, suggesting sexual misconduct, definitely creates doubts as to whether you were ‘creepy’ or not. I’m not saying much or describing exactly what happened but, some people who are familiar with my posts or find me remotely likable might think, hm why would she lie or go as far as calling you a creep in public? you probably WERE creepy to some degree. Even if you clarify what happened, say sorry and we move on from this, next time someone sees you, they will immediately remember you as the guy who sent weird (“creepy”) private messages to someone here.

Putting people ‘on blast’ on social media has sadly been the only resource to bring actual justice in some cases where the legal system failed to hear victims but everyone still needs to understand it’s a weapon of misinformation and we need to be extremely responsible. These ‘non-accusations’ that are just seeking to tarnish reputation while trying at all costs to keep the accuser somewhat removed from any role in the story (because a role immediately subjects you to scrutiny and accountability) are dangerous, it makes us all vulnerable to them and most people don’t have the resources to bounce back. This actress would see her career ending before it even started if someone called her out for touching kids’ buttocks every time they ask her for an autograph. Life often works in a karmic way so.. careful on the dynamics we help create because when the table is turned, they will be the ones we are confined to.

I honestly didn’t see a single person anywhere questioning this woman’s motives and intent, did you see the photographer’s feed? it was insanity. TFS is a remote island on the internet, for one person disagreeing on something here, there are 200,000 people liking and cheering about it on social media.

I'm surprised the vultures of Diet Prada didn't make any echo of this one, either way this guy seems to me like he's not very stable. Knowing that my opinion means nothing, I believe he's full of sh*t.

^This is actually sick. And the fact that there are still models who are willing to pose for him?
Granted Samantha Gradoville's heyday passed years ago and she never even appeared on a Vogue cover, so good luck with this 'resurrection'?

Checked out his insta and the photographs are straight up p*rn. I actually like some of Lui and playboy’s editorials, but his magazine is not tasteful at all.

Just a funny story. Mario Testino photographed creatives from my city during his last visit (apparently in the first half of the year) and some of the people in the pictures were involved in a situation where a local dj accused an employee of a local underground cultural center of sexual harrassment. All of them defended her and even made a boycott campaign againts the site, that used to be known as a safe space for lgbttiq community.

Is funny to see them defend the victim and claim themselves as feminists or allies and then chose to be photographed by one just because he used to work at Vogue, lol.

^ Not uncommon at all. It's what everyone is bound to experience because, for starters, humans are contradictory by nature and moral reinforcement through aggression masked as activism (a practice popularized by social media) is not sustainable. That's why it's important to not just scrutinize the behavior and actions of others but to prioritize on the much harder, rewarding and humbling task of self-reflection. Continually using derogatory terminology for any difference of opinion or what one deems as tribal warfare ('terf' 'old hag' 'repressed gay' 'cis gays'), yet having to inevitably adapt to a less combative real world with people of all backgrounds, ages and levels of tolerance, where our only way to make our mark, professionally or academically, is by praising 'female empowerment'.. that, by definition, is hypocrisy, and a very corrosive type of superficiality. It makes judging those who will put social and moral concern on hold for a moment of exposure by a legendary photographer much harder..

Effin' corny to finish off a post with a quote but.. good ol' Huxley:
The surest way to work up a crusade in favor of some good cause is to promise people they will have a chance of maltreating someone. To be able to destroy with good conscience, to be able to behave badly and call your bad behavior 'righteous indignation' — this is the height of psychological luxury, the most delicious of moral treats.

Was there ever an official investigation into the accusations made against Bellemere? If not, if he hasn’t been charged or convicted of anything, it seems wrong to try and shame models for working with him or appearing in his publication.

Was there ever an official investigation into the accusations made against Bellemere? If not, if he hasn’t been charged or convicted of anything, it seems wrong to try and shame models for working with him or appearing in his publication.

For that matter, there hasn't been an official investigation into any of the accused photographers (Testino, Kadel, Weber, et al).

Wasn't posting to shame any of the models, I think it's just interesting to see who works with Bellemere, when so few do compared to pre-allegations, with the exception of MC Italy, apparently.

Bellemere was the victim of a "send nudes" imposter, but it doesn't appear to be related to the original accusations against him

Photographer’s Alleged Impersonator Due Back in Court Later This Year – WWD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->