Shop Design and Displays

My goodness, I love Dover Street Market's store and displays^_^ Thanks for those classicalbang:flower::heart:

in Dubai ...

Emirates Mall and Dubai Mall
Various shops ... The way they are all organize into the malls is also pretty interesting ...
In Emirates Mall, you have a sort of avenue for all High Fashion and in Dubai Mall there's the Fashion Avenue ... Dior in Dubai Mall at one entrance - soon to open - is next to Chanel, next to LV, next to Armani, next to Gucci etc.
Second floor has more second line (Marc by Marc, Zadig & Voltaire) ... Very well organized ...

I don't know this kind of mall in France ... So ...

my own photos

relooking at this ... i'm noticing in the Pierre Cardin shop display vitrine there's a Margiela Aid tshirt ... weird ... if I had noticed that while I was shooting this ... But I was so suprised to see so many Pierre Cardin shops ...

barney's window
2009_07_barneysshot1.jpg

2009_07_barneysshot2.jpg

they have to dismantle it coz the violent theme

source: racked

^ love it thats too bad they are taking it down. Does Simon Donnan still do the windows for Barney's ?

Regarding the Barney's window, I am not personally offended by it, but I think it's an idea more appropriate for a museum or art gallery. It's creative and gets your attention, but not in the best taste considering world events and such. I'm surprised a retailer with such a broad customer base like Barney's would go for that kind of shock-appeal window. Thank you for sharing it though! :flower:

^Apparently Doonan was out of town when they did that window, and it was one of his assistants who put it up without it being okay'ed.

And I really like it, actually. Getting that big of an effect without going all out spending-wise seems pretty economically savy.

a beautiful decorated bakery. Picture taken by myself while traveling.

new Chloe boutique in L.A.

11gt91c.jpg

scanned by MMA in US Elle Aug 2009

The Helmet Lang display is very impressive. I love the current Chanel display!

I know it's already been mentioned a few times, but Prada's epicenter in Aoyama (Tokyo) is spectacular! One of my professors gave a lecture that touched on this building. Apparently, the concept ties in with the voyeuristic origins of fashion... when being seen and seeing others in a public realm was considered an upperclass activity.

T03-prada.jpg

hipstomp.com

2862213821_02d7a1659a.jpg

Jamie Barras

interesting he says that ^. to me it sounds more like a middle class activity :P wanting to be seen/acknowledged and seeing others

and privacy is the luxury

oh in the towncenter of my village, there's an extremely beautiful shop display. I will make a picture when i'm there

captcharly attended Fashion's Night Out in Paris
(sept 10)

chanel, dior, escada, louis vuitton, prada, etc...

Diesel's Spring/Summer09 Window Display, Manchester.
3926636188_f4387025c1.jpg

3926638828_e6006e176c.jpg

3925775101_653c7d2a20.jpg

3926550760_bf25be90b5.jpg

Photos taken myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody headed to paris during fashion week? would love to see the rodarte curated space. if anyone can?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paindivine
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->