Shop Design and Displays

Andro said:
Although these pics of the Tokyo flagship don't show much of the interior, this building is an amazing piece of work. The Los Angeles location also displays some extraordinary architecture.

sorry but can't view any pics??:blink:

Tokyo Dior & Tods stores, images are borrowed from Favorite Architect or Building thread...thanks to calexico & CharlottefromCA :flower:

attachment.php

dior1_b.jpg

DIOR.jpg

great thread taz:flower:

and great pics.....the Lanvin windows are amazing....

What a fabulous thread! :heart: I wish I made it into boutiques more often... :blush:

AWESOME thread, taz!!! No time to post now, but I'll be baaaaaaaack!

Probably my most favorite is the Comme des Garcons store in New York

028C.jpg
Pict0026.jpg
Pict0024e.jpg

images from nyc-architecture.com

this really should be the shopping section, imo...:flower:...

from wwd.com

SNAKE CHARM: The two 11-foot Burmese snakes suggestively coiling around the mannequins at the Calvin Klein Collection boutique on Madison Avenue didn't escape from the Bronx Zoo. They were made especially for the store by Nimba Creations, a U.K. firm that specializes in props, animatronics and prosthetics. "We researched for months to find someone to do this," Dale Rozmiarek, vice president of creative services at Calvin Klein, explained. "We wanted something that was realistic."
The difficult process started with two deceased Burmese pythons, frozen to avoid decomposition during transport. Once at Nimba, they were defrosted, to be cast in three sections. The structures were then painted scale by scale before being hand-delivered to Calvin Klein, where they were installed last week. The window displays are thought-provoking and full of sexual suggestions, but then controversy is somewhat synonymous with the house.
"A lot of people think snakes are evil, but it's quite to the contrary," Rozmiarek said. "The Chinese believe that they are very sexual and actually ward off evil."
The two snakes will be in the Madison Avenue windows until next week. They will journey to the Milan and Paris Collection stores during those cities' fashion weeks next year and also be on display in the Rome boutique.

I was going to mention the Lanvin displays, they're so much fun! I love the showgirl one and the last black one especially.

I also love the YSL architecture, very clean and chic.

Some really cool Gucci displays from the Omotesando Aoyama, Tokyo store.

f/w 02

gucci_0210_1.jpg

gucci_0210_2.jpg

gucci_0210_4.jpg

s/s 03 with butterflies
gucci_0305_1.jpg

s/s 04
gucci_0404_1.jpg

gucci_0404_3.jpg

japandesign.ne.jp

thanks for the post Scott, calexico, Andro, faust, softgrey & Spike413..
i loved the eagles in GUCCI..

i love Dior Homme stores & Hedi Slimane minimalestc taste..

013001000851.jpg

view-christian-dior.jpg

pp_17808.jpg

these horizntal stripes reminds me of the 'Black Tie' line by Slimane for Dior Homme.

Last edited by a moderator:
more on DIOR HOMME
diorHomme2.jpg

diorHomme3.jpg

diorHomme4.jpg

diorHomme5.jpg

so sleek & edgy

zara in portal de l´angel

navy girl: black, navy and grey (mixed:(heart:

i love the collar of the coat on the left..do u know the name of the store?...

this is a great idea for a thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Macpherson
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->