Sizing of Pierre Hardy Shoes

Kel

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with how the sizing of Pierre Hardy pumps is? Do they run small? Large?

I'm thinking about ordering these in black, and i'm an 8.5 (US sizing). Half-sizes don't appear to be offered, so i'm thinking it might be safer to move up to a size 9...?

All of the Pierre Hardy shoes on Aloha Rag come with the following notice:

Please note Pierre Hardy uses very soft leather, which is one of their great qualities. So we recommend purchasing one size down.

However no such notice is given on the La Redoute site. Do you think that rule applies to all of the shoes?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks. :flower:

Those are cute and cheap! You should get both an 8 and a 9 then return whichever don't fit.

I have a pair, and it's strange...I'm normally a 4.5-5. I can occassionally wear a 5.5 with boots, even a 6 but only if it's winter boots and I have two pairs of socks on. Anyway my pair of hardys is a 6.5, and it's a very high heeled sandal. It's a tad tad bit big, but somehow it still fits. No idea - Im guessing it's diff't from shoe to shoe.

First off, never fall for that "size down because the leather is soft and will stretch out" crap. I followed that advice once and ended up with a pair of shoes that I no longer wear due to the excruciating pain. The problem with PH's shoes is that I believe he modified his sizing at some point; up to about a year or two ago he used French sizing (one number size smaller that Italian sizing) and now it looks like he's shifted to Italian sizing. So it really depends on which season you're buying from. Also keep in mind that - as is often the case with many shoe-makes - the higher the heel, the more likely it is that you'll have to size up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashiongloss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->