Slides AKA Sensible Shoes

This is a huge trend and all started with Phoebe Philo's Birkenstock-type shoes. I hope it helps women eschew high heels and embrace practicality, healthy feet and mobility.

it's gonna be a big summer for birkenstocks, obviously...

^_^

Aesthetics aside, I must disagree with the healthy feet comment. These slides offer no real support for the feet, they are just as unsafe as flip flops in that regard.
Personally I find them boring, can't imagine any attractive woman wearing clunky beach slippers, and I have nothing against flat shoes in general, but these look like they are somewhat related to crocks. Just because someone sends them down the runway in Paris doesn't make them pretty or fashionable, IMO.

i'm really digging these slides from united nude...
remind me of issey miyake meets birkenstock...
^_^

midwest

Attachments

• 35cc2ff0203ae49eecfd852f7704deee.jpg
    35cc2ff0203ae49eecfd852f7704deee.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 3
These things are so wrong they’re right again. Like a really floppy pair of rubber Birkenstocks.
It’s been so disgustingly hot in Seattle these past weeks that I’ve been desperately wanting easy slides that I could wear sans socks.

I picked these up from Nordstrom Rack, out of desperation. But day by day they’ve increasingly became my favorite summer time shoe!

Not the most comfortable, I do wish the soles were thicker and higher and yet I keep putting them on even just to putter around the house.

They’re made by a shoe company called Melissa, a brand I’d never heard of until trying them on.
IMG_3810.jpeg
my snap

Im so sick of slides. I always thought they gave prisoner energy especially worn with a sweatsuit.

not wearing these unless I'm next to a pool tbh. And even then I'd prefer a thong sandal

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->