Sneaker Wedges

I don't get these wedge sneakers, especially the hidden wedge sneakers. I have yet to see any pair of wedge sneakers I actually like among today's trendy wedge sneakers. Wedge sneakers are not on my "hate" list; just that there are very few wedge sneakers today that I like.

what do you guys think about these:
GSI_HR_JPEG.AG000446_01-500x750.jpg
617Xevq0Q3L._SL1000_.jpg

do you think they are hidden wedges? or is the wedge too obvious?

pics: celebritybabyscoop & amazon

first person I have seen wearing them is Jourdan Dunn

I understand the appeal of wedge sneakers, but I am just not sold on these hidden heel wedge sneakers. For the ones in Post #22, I'm on the "nay" side for those sneakers. I just don't like these all that much while most others are all in love with these hidden wedge sneakers. The colors of the sneakers or even the shoelaces that go with those.

Just can't get into these sneakers. Maybe if they were better styled and not styled like the typical '80s style or early '90s style bulls:angry: people like bringing back 'til death do us part, maybe I'd like them more.

I was reticent at first, but I have to say I like them in a more casual/less athletic variation. It's all about the styling, but really, I do not want to see this with floaty skirts like Kate B. wore. And, I must say, they are very very comfortable!

after about a year of debating, i got the ones in #22 in the olive suede and they do have a hidden wedge...
i like the fact that they look like sneakers, not some sort of space age moon boot...
and i really don't like the ones with velcro...:doh:

i'm thinking about getting these nike dunks as seen on candice. if i can find them (they may be sold out)

dailymail.co.uk

my isabel marant knockoffs by steve madden have a teensy tiny hole in the sole. they may be going bye-bye soon. :(

i actually like the velcro. it makes getting up and going fast. and my converse keep getting unlaced!

^i like those...
yohji did some amazing ones that look like that...Y-3, specifically...
so good...

*it took me forever to find this thread buried in the subforum...
i checked -
shoes
trendspotting
STYD
personal style

then- i remembered about the subforum...
i really can't believe this isn't in trendspotting...
:lol:...

anyway- i came here to post these cause i'm a sucker for anything with a star on it...
:blush:...

yoox.com

Attachments

• star.png
    star.png
    100 KB · Views: 2
To me, the only nice looking pairs are from Isabel Marant. I think she did the trend the best. The shoe is elegant but casual and still feminine. Anything else I just see as a blatant rip off of hers.

i'm thinking about getting these nike dunks as seen on candice. if i can find them (they may be sold out)

i was seriously on the fence about the whole sneaker wedge thing, but i bought
these and i love them. :woot:

i ordered them from nordstrom...i really thought i would send them right back
but they are too good. :D

everyday, i see at least one girl wearing the same ones really well
and i so enjoy it. it's definitely the shoe of the times in new york,
and not just with the fashion crowd. ^_^ :heart:

the Nike Sky Highs and the Marant Bekkets are the only ones which get it right.

tons of other brands do them, but they're essentially wedge boots, STYLED to make them look like sneakers.

the great thing about the Bekket was that the heel was really HIDDEN and well camouflaged.

laika- i am shocked!
:o

but i like them...
they are so similar to the Y-3 ones from last season that i mentioned earlier...
i love all the different black textures and the white strip at the bottom...

can't say i've seen anyone wearing them though...

what are you wearing them with?

website says they run small...
do they run small or just small for sneakers?
ie- i usually size down 1/2 a size in sneakers but maybe just a normal size would work on these...

not that i have a clue how i would wear them...:rolleyes:
:lol:...

laika, those were so good on you! probably the best of any that i have seen, much more understated than y-3 and marant. the slimness of the profile made your legs look super long. :flower:

thanks, lucky. :blush:

soft, i would say they are true to size. i am right in between a 6.5 and a 7 and I got a 7.
they actually felt a bit roomy at first, but with socks (i wear little cushy athletic socks with them) they are perfect.

i've been wearing them with a pair of baggy Y's pants and a cropped +J windbreaker
(i think you were with me when i bought this, actually).
also with leggings...they look best on me when a little skin shows at the ankle, so bottoms that hit above the ankle are ideal.
i'm going to wear them with my drkshdw pod shorts too, once the weather warms up. ^_^

the Y-3's
just for reference...:P
i freaking love them like a crazy person...

now i remember...
i would have gotten them but not so good for my small ankles...
so my friend got them instead...
it was really annoying...
i must have blocked that part out...
guess i'm not meant to wear this sort of thing...
:rolleyes:

i agree that a little skin showing looks nice...
probably makes them a bit more feminine...

from zappos

Attachments

• 2018942-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg
    2018942-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
^cute. they are sleeker than the nikes, for sure.
the dunks really look like old school high tops, which is why i like them so much.

i hope that friend of yours is wearing them! :P

sounds accurate---
if you wear them with the RO shorts, you'll look very much like a goth basketball player...
^_^...

i hope she's wearing them too!
:judge:

After purchasing two 'cheap' Topshop wedges, I caved and got the Isabel Marant Bobby sneakers, wish I had done it from the start, 1001x comfier!

IMG_1202.jpg

pic: my own

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->