Sneakers

Chanelcouture09

Some Like It Hot
Reaction score
This discussion came as an idea of Softgrey who thought although we have the sub-forum dedicated completely to Sneakers/Trainers that it'd be a great idea to have it a discussion in Trend Spotting... most notably Isabel Marant and Lanvin as well as others like Christian Louboutin have created them recently....

Beyonce - Love On Top - (wearing Isabel Marant)

Miranda Kerr also in Isabel Marant

mirandakerrsonflynnisab.jpg

*Upscalehype.com

Lanvin Menswear F/W 12'/13'

00840m.jpg
00860m.jpg

*Style.com

I really like these Lanvin ones that Wayne Bridge wore recently...

article-2088323-0F83273F00000578-412_634x816.jpg

*Dailymail.co.uk

Wow. To me, those Marant sneakers are so ugly. Actually u-g-l-y. Sometimes I have the impression that people are so blinded by brands they don't really see how bad taste something is... I know: To each their own... I'm just saying :wink:

^Yeah i don't like the Marant ones either, i think they look too chunky and just... ugly! i agree with you that people do get blindsided by brands...

The Marant ones and all of its knock offs are just vile :yuk:

However I do find the current sneakers trend rather interesting. I've always been a fan of classic hi-top sneakers in black and white (Chucks or those by Rick Owens, Ann D, Yohji, etc.) but recently found myself lusting after some more 'funky' ones like this pair by Gucci :ninja:

scaled.php

net-a-porter

They're really not my style at all but I find them super cute,lol.

I also like the Lanvin Men's ones Chanelcouture09 posted.

Yeah, the Marant ones are pretty ugly, I find it frustrating when such well-dressed girls keep ruining their outfits wearing them. They remind me of the shoes I'd spot while living in South America, a girl would be sharply dressed and then you'd look down, and she had her feet immersed in this Nike balloon-ish s*it in 'funky' neon colors.. it was/is a trend there, way before the Marant stuff. Never understood it but I do see how it's meant to intentionally break the 'harmony' of an outfit and add some kind of contrast. I'm all for that but what I can't take is the hugeness of it!

I stopped wearing sneakers when I was around 18 probably but a couple summers ago I was craving for a white thin Converse-type of shoe (but not Converse) and I found myself a pair at UO.. which was perfect. Last year I found another at F21 which looked even nicer as it was cream-colored with some lace detailing you can't really see unless you are close enough.. I love that they're so cheap and look it, that's the kind of contrast I'm fond of: wearing tailored pieces and dark colors and adding thin sneakers in light colors (wish I'd find a nude pair).

Metallic sneakers have also been in my mind for a while now :heart:.. there was a pretty nice pair from French Connection at ASOS, but I thought about it too much and when I made up my mind, it was gone. :lol:

silverqq.jpg

[fashiongonerogue]

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to like to wear some loud sneakers but not so much anymore. I only like the more subdued Lanvin ones, like the ones Wayne Bridge is wearing in post #2. Don't care much for the first two there. I have a pair from a few years ago that are all black but in a variety of materials; most of the body is black nylon mesh.

I do have a pair of silver metallic leather Varvatos Converse high tops, not Chucks but another style, I forget the name. They are not as shiny as the ones in the pic above. I like them but hardly wear them because they are not very comfortable and I walk a lot.

I don't like the Marant or the Missoni Converse at all!

There's something i like about the Missoni ones... only something vague... but i'd look like a clown wear those, thats the only thing that puts my off getting a pair of Converse sneakers, i feel only guys who are like a size 8 could wear them... :unsure:.

It's such a guilty pleasure but i really admire some of the sneakers that Justin Bieber wears, he wears alot of YSL and some by Louboutin... he wore a beige pair by YSL the other day, a version of the Malibu that i own, they're so comfy...

It's such a guilty pleasure but i really admire some of the sneakers that Justin Bieber wears, he wears alot of YSL and some by Louboutin... he wore a beige pair by YSL the other day, a version of the Malibu that i own, they're so comfy...

I agree, some of the YSL ones are nice!

There's something i like about the Missoni ones... only something vague... but i'd look like a clown wear those, thats the only thing that puts my off getting a pair of Converse sneakers, i feel only guys who are like a size 8 could wear them... :unsure:.

I actually have the black/white version of the Missoni ones and they're probably my most favorite shoes I've ever owned. I wear them all the time and feel like they go with everything (but I'm a tall'ish woman with small feet (EU36) :P) which is weird because I used to be the kind of person that would only wear boots all year round. Plus, they're soooo comfortable!

^Do you have pictures?:woot: I just love Missoni and the converse collaboration looks so good.. How much were they? the regular converse price?

I'm kind of craving a metallic sneaker... or maybe something black patent...
A friend I was with last night (a guy) had black patent high tops on and they were great... I probably should have told him that :doh:
(I'm terrible about actually vocalizing the compliments that I'm thinking)

I have to confess... I actually kind of like the Isabel Marant sneakers :ninja:
Not all the color combinations though...
Just the black/white, more subdued version.

I have a pair of grey Nike dunks (low cut) that I still wear occasionally (they have a sort of silvery metallic mesh type fabric on the side)...
but I kind of want something new.

Wow. To me, those Marant sneakers are so ugly. Actually u-g-l-y. Sometimes I have the impression that people are so blinded by brands they don't really see how bad taste something is... I know: To each their own... I'm just saying :wink:

I think it's being blinded by the allure of brand recognition. A lot of the time I think those terrible Charles Anastase copies , 'Litas' by Jeffrey Campbell are bought because you can instantly tell who has made the shoe , same can be said for the popularity of the YSL art rings. I suspect a lot of the Marant sneaker wearing has been instigated by stylists.

I think Brightly-colored Sneakers with a simple casual chic outfit can really look good. (for men or women) It gives a little plus to a boring too serious outfit and it's comfortable. :smile:

Capture d’écran 2012-02-05 à 18.14.18.png

Capture d’écran 2012-02-05 à 18.13.18.png

Capture d’écran 2012-02-05 à 18.12.45.png

Capture d’écran 2012-02-05 à 18.18.01.png

that's a cute look EnModeArtiste...

**please post credit info for the images you posted as per tFS guidelines or your images will have to be deleted...
thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->