Socks...

I like the plain Hanes socks in black with a length that hits above the ankle. It has an elastic band so they are very comfortable in addition to being affordable. I have a more expensive pair from Kohls, which oddly I find extremely uncomfortable because when trying to wear them with ankle boots or pretty much any boot (it's winter) they fall due to the lack of an elastic band. Just goes to show that price is not everything. Luckily this my case with such an essential item, as well :smile:

I was curious what do you all think about socks. What colour socks should you wear? Should you matc them with your pants(YUCK)? Should you match them with your shoes? Or can you always wear black "dress" socks with anything (except for gym shoes when you are going to the gym)? (I mostly mean mens sock but women can answer to)

I only have black "dress" socks those are the only ones that I wear. It is easy and for me it allways goes with anything and they are sutle and nobody notices them. Some people try to match them with their pants but it is never the right colour and it gets my distracted... I'm just curious of everybodys likes and disslikes.

... & Just when reading through the original post, I obviously also go with the plain black dress sock route. I used to be very into "trouser socks" but got over that phase pretty quickly because they were very thin and would get holes in them.
I LOVE cozy big winter socks though, it's a go-to item for a Christmas list from any relative who asks if I "need" anything.

got some more sparkle socks from my cousin for xmas...

:clap:

topshop...

multi colour sparkle and ribbed -mine are royal blue though...

Attachments

• TS08L13KDMU_Large_F_1.jpg
    TS08L13KDMU_Large_F_1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 4
  • TS08L02LGLD_Large_F_1.jpg
    TS08L02LGLD_Large_F_1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1
Avoid using the classic black socks. Sure, you can match the socks with your outfit (pants or shoes). But why not wear socks that would give some character to your style. Some vibrant color or some patterns. I like to buy mine in Pedemeia.

I was curious what do you all think about socks. What colour socks should you wear? Should you matc them with your pants(YUCK)? Should you match them with your shoes? Or can you always wear black "dress" socks with anything (except for gym shoes when you are going to the gym)? (I mostly mean mens sock but women can answer to)

I only have black "dress" socks those are the only ones that I wear. It is easy and for me it allways goes with anything and they are sutle and nobody notices them. Some people try to match them with their pants but it is never the right colour and it gets my distracted... I'm just curious of everybodys likes and disslikes.

I do same thing, I always use black socks, because it combines with all or those little socks that cannot be seen.

I'm okay with having grown out of my goofy-socks phase, but if I had a Eugenius jr., I'd soooo buy these. (happysocks.com)

I'm okay with having grown out of my goofy-socks phase
Like these. How many polka dot socks from Neiman Marcus did I rack up through out the years? (src: neimanmarcus.com)

Saw a pair of organza socks from Acne Studios, but they're not available for purchase yet. Dead keen on those.
I'm heavily fascinated with sheer socks, always calf-length. Goes well with my all-black staple look of Bermuda shorts, turtleneck and maxi-soled Oxfords.
Can't abide goofy socks. I tried it once but didn't like the way it looked on me.

SA09-Men-s-Sheer-Socks-Men-s-Black-Silky-Nylon-Suit-Socks-Men-s-TNT-Dress.jpg

Pinterest

I'm not too keen on socks that expose your feet. Feet...gross.

What's really going on in that pic?

I'm not too keen on socks that expose your feet. Feet...gross.

What's really going on in that pic?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: It's a pic of a bloke selling sheer socks.

They don't really expose your feet though, only your legs. I also don't like feet, or exposing them. Which is why I wear socks with sandals. Never got that whole foot fetish thing.
That doesn't mean I don't take care of them. As a runner, it's impossible not to. Part of the pampering regime is a foot spa at home, and pedicure at a salon.

^^^ Those sheer black socks are my Kryptonite— on the right men (and the only thing they’ll be wearing.)

^ hahah wow, how did I miss this.. also I feel like you wouldn't be totally opposed to a hat.

Thanks to my bf I now have a pretty broad appreciation for men's socks (plus an opinion), cause somewhere out there, they're a crucial part of some people's career and say so much (they've always said so much I guess but it's something else when they're far more valued than the shoes and when 'a white sock' is not just a white sock and has to be made in Russia and whatnot- I hate white socks).

I'm really into metallic and embroidered transparent socks. COS makes some fun ones (no to their clothes, YES to their socks/jewelry woo).. I still don't have the heart to throw away a pair of striped see-through ones in bright red that I got from them, which one day just split in half..? they were oddly stiff, but felt so good.

Some new looks from On which I got on a mailer, mainly a running sock retailer. The designs are funky yet understated at the same time. Mad about the colours!

M_Mid_Detail_2_Copy.jpg
M_Mid_Detail_1.jpg

Wouldnt say no to these either:

textured-socks.jpg

On Running/Pinterest

I love socks, especially to wear like this with sneakers:

I bought this one in 2016, but here in Brazil it's so hot that just a few months ago it was cold enough for me to use for the first time!

I love socks, especially to wear like this with sneakers:

I bought this one in 2016, but here in Brazil it's so hot that just a few months ago it was cold enough for me to use for the first time!

At that length though? It just looks....odd. Lol. You either do a proper mid calf, knee-length, or ankle socks. Well, that's my verdict anyway, lol.

If I do wear mine with sneakers, usually paired a shorts, I make sure the short length hits me a hand above the knee just to get the overall proportions right. Some have told me it looks a tad too infantile, but I can't be bothered.

At that length though? It just looks....odd. Lol. You either do a proper mid calf, knee-length, or ankle socks. Well, that's my verdict anyway, lol.

If I do wear mine with sneakers, usually paired a shorts, I make sure the short length hits me a hand above the knee just to get the overall proportions right. Some have told me it looks a tad too infantile, but I can't be bothered.
I'm very tall and use with a shorter shorts to make a good space between the end of the sock until the end of the shorts, in fact isn't something very adult, but this style is very common here in Brazil!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vn varenne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->