Speaking of fakes, is bluefly.com reputable?

Yes. Bluefly sells authentic goods as far as I know.

I also agree. I bought a PRada messenger bag from them a while back and it all matched up perfectly ^_^

Bluefly is a great option to find marked down designer merchandise. Most of there things are from last season - but on classsic models that dosn't reallly make a difference.

BTW - I think some posters are too hard on websites on this forum. Just because a site is an on-line re-seller does not neam that they are selling fakes. Do research about a place - but it's not fair to just assume a site is "fake".

bluefly is legit and I don't think anyone on this board has accused them of selling fakes. in fact, I think people are good about explaining why they think something is fake. we're just ultrasensitive to it since there are so many crooks out there, we hate for people to get ripped off and despite our words of caution, people still continue to get scammed.

Totally...

luxwear said:
Bluefly is a great option to find marked down designer merchandise. Most of there things are from last season - but on classsic models that dosn't reallly make a difference.

BTW - I think some posters are too hard on websites on this forum. Just because a site is an on-line re-seller does not neam that they are selling fakes. Do research about a place - but it's not fair to just assume a site is "fake".

I couldnt agree more!
Some TFSers are certain that just because the Gucci is like 20% less, that means its fake! Not necessarily.
There are greater chances that you buy a fake on Ebay from Joe Blow than you getting a fake from a large well known online discount site.

meeyowsa said:
bluefly is legit and I don't think anyone on this board has accused them of selling fakes. in fact, I think people are good about explaining why they think something is fake. we're just ultrasensitive to it since there are so many crooks out there, we hate for people to get ripped off and despite our words of caution, people still continue to get scammed.
I think it's great that you are trying to help people not get scammed - I try to do the same thing. I have seen examples of posts on this forum jumping all over a site or ebay seller who is not selling fakes. I am very careful when asked advice about a seller or store - if I am not positive that they are legit or not - I don't take a stand. I agree with Plastic'sWife that just because something is less than retail it should not be assumed fake. Likewise - just because someone has pictures of a real bag on a site or auction - it doesn't mean it's real....It's a jungle on the web - but luckily there are enough honest people to keep it fun!

luxwear said:
I think it's great that you are trying to help people not get scammed - I try to do the same thing. I have seen examples of posts on this forum jumping all over a site or ebay seller who is not selling fakes. I am very careful when asked advice about a seller or store - if I am not positive that they are legit or not - I don't take a stand. I agree with Plastic'sWife that just because something is less than retail it should not be assumed fake. Likewise - just because someone has pictures of a real bag on a site or auction - it doesn't mean it's real....It's a jungle on the web - but luckily there are enough honest people to keep it fun!
I think it's always very convenient to sling sh*t at someone that you don't know about. Makes you seem important and all-knowing. But people are stupid, and it indeed doesn't necessarily mean that a seller is trying to rip you off when he sells below retail. Just caution is always good, especially in a business where fakes belong to the daily bread.

Not only are they legit, but their customer service is excellent. I have seen some wonderful bags/shoes on there!!! But you have to be quick, because the hot-ticket items don't stay on there for long, maybe 1 day at most. I purchased a brown logo Gucci convertible clutch w/ green/off-white stripe. I love it. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I question Bluefly's authenticity. Just a moment ago, I compared Bluefly's picture of the Fendi zucca sneaker with Saks Fifth Avenue's picture of the same sneaker, and there were several immediately identifiable differences: different shade of brown; different color sole; difference in logo placement.

I then compared the Eluxury.com's picture of the Fendi sneaker to that of Saks' and Bluefly's, and found that the Eluxury picture also did not match Bluefly's.

They are legit.. I've bought YSL, Balenciaga, Mulberry, lots's... way too many things from bluefly & you can return for three months with $7.95 shipping both ways. I've never had a problem and have returned as many items as I've bought.

I question Bluefly's authenticity. Just a moment ago, I compared Bluefly's picture of the Fendi zucca sneaker with Saks Fifth Avenue's picture of the same sneaker, and there were several immediately identifiable differences: different shade of brown; different color sole; difference in logo placement.

I then compared the Eluxury.com's picture of the Fendi sneaker to that of Saks' and Bluefly's, and found that the Eluxury picture also did not match Bluefly's.

Yeah, this is true. There was a certain Miu Miu ballet flat I own that they added a heel to, bizarre. What I'm assuming is that most of the products are (as mentioned) last season, and also probably leftover scraps that have been altered especially for bluefly.

I ordered some YSL shoes from them and they were not as good of quality as in the store, so they probably get a lot of "seconds" too.

I am a bit sceptical about my purchase. I recently bought a pair of Prada platforms in black w/ black & grey sole. They are patent leather but in the actual store were not patent but matte. And the leather seam at the heel is very course as opposed the the very clean almost invisible seam of the pair on display in store. After reading through the forum I would like to know if anyone actually has any knowledge of where bluffly receives its merchandise from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->