Opinions on Fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
its just a bag :P big deal, if she likes the fakes better, its up to her

Luna said:
It's sad that you'd let a bag get in the way of a friendship. Maybe she's better off without you as a friend. I know it sounds harsh.. but if I had friends who were embarassed to be seen with me... then screw them.

while, i ponder how jessica simpson could posibly be any sort of role model, i have to agree with LUNA here 100%:flower:

^don't you people understand that the girl just needed to vent? :P

yes, but while venting....if you're becoming opinionated on fakes vs non-fakes, (especially on this forum!) you're going to have to expect some reason and judgment yourself.....otherwise it should have been posted in another forum.

oh, yes, i needed to vent, but i am 100% against any sort of fake. to bring it back to my original post, any fake, knockoff bag is incredibly tacky, and i will never apologize for thinking fakes are tacky.

^^ Why is it bad to have an opinion on fakes vs. non-fakes? Don't we all?
And as you've pointed out; this is a bag forum, so where does anyone come off thinking it's okay for them to judge Satine's relationship with her friend? There's no reason for anyone to take Satine's disliking of fakes personally, and I don't think anyone here judges people based on what bag they chose to carry. Seriously; please just take this thread for what it is; A person venting because she had a fight with her friend. What forum it belongs in, I'm not one to decide.

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Having opinion is fine, voicing it in a way that may offend others is not. It is a public forum, please be polite and sensitive to other's points of view as well. I doubt you talk to people IRL this way, do you?
Against fakes? Fine... Don't force your opinion to other people, nor call them stupid for that.
JMO, of course

i didnt call her stpuid to her face birdlady. and yes, i do voice my opinons to everyone. I am an opinionated person, and i speak my mind, loudly. Doesn't mean ppl will listen, but i still get to put my point out there. sorry if if bothers you.

Keya, you are a doll. Thank you for understanding.

i didnt call her stpuid to her face birdlady. and yes, i do voice my opinons to everyone. I am an opinionated person, and i speak my mind, loudly. Doesn't mean ppl will listen, but i still get to put my point out there. sorry if if bothers you.

As do we. :smile:

anyways... this thread is getting silly. Satine... I understand your need to vent.. but maybe starting a thread wasn't the way to go about it... especially if you don't want people who don't agree with you to respond.

:flower:

Edit: I wasn't offended by your opposition towards fakes... I took no offense by your opinion, everyone's entitled. But when you start a thread on a public forum.. you are going to get people to disagree with you. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, i don't think you can call someone dumb just because they want to purchase a fake bag. For liking Jessica Simpson, yes, that is worrying, hopefully she will realise that that is not the style icon to have.

Anyway, I have lots of friends who don't dress the same as me. They love clothes, but they don't love fashion or they're not particularly stylish. They don't understand my obession with TFS/Chanel/Kate Moss, I don't understand why they like jeans that look like lycra. But they're lovely and my friends and I wouldn't swap them for a million fashionistas. So there you go.

who cares what she carries. if that's you're biggest concern, maybe you should get a life.

that said, maybe she doesn't want to spend the money on a bag. bags as status symbols is a REEEEEALLY old fashioned idea since there are 16 year old girls who get $1000+ bags as gifts from their parents. plus, designer bags are insanely mainstream, so they don't really say much of anything when a person has them, i just always hope that the person sincerely loves the bag. i have money, but i won't spend it on certain things. like, i buy off brand cheez-its, off brand dishwashing liquid and off brand toothpaste sometimes. i just rather spend my money on other things...

like bags!

p.s. i do, however, refuse to buy off brand toilet paper. charmin only plz.

Okay... this thread is getting nasty. Just another example of why we can't be civil and discuss this topic. :(

I'm closing this down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dolores del Rio
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->