Sports Illustrated

miss_pixie

Reaction score
Two quick questions:

1. who's your favorite SI cover model?
2. why hasn't Gisele been featured yet on the magazine?

Here's my favorite: (While I'm still waiting for Ms. Bundchen to land on the cover!!!)

02_thumb.jpg

dunno why Gisele hasnt yet made it. Id also love to see kAROLINA Kurkova and Adriana Lima

My faves are the ones with Elsa Benitez, Heidi Klum and another super sexy exotic model/ music video vixen whose name has just skipped my mind
also those eastern european models make mean covers

I bought several sports illustrateds at a thrift store and on ebay. would anyone be interested in hearing the models that were featured in SI in the 1970s and 1980s?

I second Adriana Lima.. I dont think she has even appeared in the magazine.

I'm wondering if there is a contract clause preventing VS models to appear in the SI swimsuit issue.

Naw, Laetitia Casta was in it a few times. My personal favorite my the way.

I dont think theres a contract preventing, Anne V was in the last one and is often used with VS

Is it the same thing though? I would think they'd have their ropes more tightly on their bigger names.. like Adriana, Giselle, Heidi, Alessandra and Tyra (who did it I know.. but I'm not sure if thats before she became a huge VS star or after).

Either way.. tis a shame Adriana isn't in the issue

Atelier said:
Sentimental favorite is Paulina Porizkova 1984.
Wow... She reminds me of a brunette version of Valentina Zeliaeva!

Paulina on the cover in Aruba. other models- kelly emberg, kim alexis, carol alt, kathy ireland, jean pelton. kelly emberg looks the best but paulina is very beautiful too.

Urban Stylin said:
80's-90's at least i know many of the models
If you want to name any years from 1970s-90s I can see if I have located that issue.

Brittanni said:
Didn't Steven Meisel Photograph for SI?
I am not aware of that, although since I do not have every issue I cannot say with certainty. But I do have many issues from the 1970s through the 1990s & if you would like to choose a few years at random I will see the models used as well as the photographers names.
JessRuthie I agree Marisa is the best theyve got

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->