Stockholm shopping

juzuxel

Reaction score
So I'm going to Stockholm in the end of November and I would like to know what are the best places to shop.

I want to know about unique shops that sell a lot of cool designers... I'm into kind of rockish style (skinny jeans and so on) AND I LOVE SHOES AND BAGS!! I like to know shops for men and women..

And a random question is there a boutique that sells Chanel, Dior Homme, Women's Dior, Ann Demeulster, Number Nine or Cloak in Stockholm.. I'm also into vintage and thirft stores so some hints about those would be nice.

I also like Swedish designers Filippa K, Tiger, J. Lindeberg.........

Thanks for all the tips in advnace.. :flower:

Sounds like the best place for you is Weekday! Be back with some links for you!

Now i´m gonna cuddle with my boyfriend :wink:

From the What to do in Copenhagen thread ?

visconti said:
Stockholm
From what I could gather, Stockholm only had two shops that stocked interesting menswear. NH things in a couple of different areas. What I guess was supposed to be the edgier, more youthful area had Marc by Marc (and maybe the full line), V&R, Y3 and Acne. I was really only interested in Rolf and the selection wasn't too great. There was another area with Jil Sander and some other more classic lines. When I was there they had ties, tees, a pullover (which I bought) and a suit, but the SA mentioned that was just the preview. They were supposed to get a bunch more about a week ago: white shirts, more suits, coats.

I can't remember the name of the other shop*, but it was around the corner from the Gucci boutique. It was a woman's name. They had YSL, Prada, Burberry, Botega shoes and some Lucien Pillat-Finet sweaters. They didn't seem as friendly. I gave them my standard "Do you stock....?" and "Does anyone else in town?" and the SA basically said there wasn't another shop in town that was close to their level. This is a far cry from the guys in BC and 1206 in Copenhagen. They were glad to tell me where else to browse.

Hopefully this'll help some future travellers.

* the store is Nathalie Schuterman :flower:

(expressen.se)

This is the "guide" i was talking about.
To bad that everything is in swedish, but
maby we swedes on this forum could help you
to guid you.

I have to say, the three "must-to-do"
are:

NK, if you like more expensive brands like, Cloe,
D&G etc. Even if yo can´t afford it, i recomend you
to go here, is worth a visit! The andress is:
Hamngatan 18-20

Tjallamalla my faouvorit shop, has a lot of
small/independent designers, you can visit their
website, tjallamalla.se (you can aslo find adress there)
when you are at tjallamalla you should stay in this area
and discover it,it has a lot of other great shops,
like Lisa Larsson one of stockholms best
vintage shops.

If you go to PK-huset, I think it´s around strandgatan
you have Acne, inside a small mall.
If you just follow the street you have Whyred aswell.

I´m not from sthlm,so I´m really bad with dirrections :P

WELL;HAVE FUN!

Attachments

• Bild 1.pdf
    39.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Bild 2.pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Bild 3.pdf
    60.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the hints.. Are there any stores that stock Alexander McQueen in Stockholm... I understand a little pit of Swedish because I'm from Finland... :smile:

^^ As far as I know there are no shops that stock McQueen.

My tips are as follows;

-Go to Nathalie Schuterman, Birger Jarlsgatan 1; because it's true they are the only really Really high-end boutique. They have plenty of good menswear. http://www.nathalieschuterman.se/

-Go to NK for the heck of it, but I personally feel that their selection is very weak.

-Skip the area around Drottninggatan/Hötorget/Sergels Torg entierly.

-Go to Norrmalmstorg, which is right down the road from NK, that's where Acne's shop is. Acne is worth a visit.

-Take the time to go to Beneath (http://www.aworldbeneath.com/) on Kungsholmen, subway: Fridhemsplan. It's in a neat area and it's probably one of the best shops in stockholm. Really cool.
Also, there is a big mall by Fridhemsplan that have some cool stores you may be interested in.

-Then I say; go to Södermalm!
Take the subway to Slussen and go up the Götgatan entrance, you'll be right in a great shopping area. Götsgatsbacken is full of cool shops and people. Mainly Weekday (which you must visit!) they stock really cool, not too expensive brands. Beware though, on weekends it's usually PACKED inside.. There's also a nice galleria on Götsgatsbacken called Brunogallerian, it's quite small but good.

Then walk to the "Sofo" area, south of Folkungatan, and just stroll through Bondegatan, Skånegatan and the streets that cross them.
Beyond Retro is on Åsögatan 144 and is Great for second-hand, really recomended. There are tons of great vintage/designer shops in this area.

I would also like to recomend you to take the subway or walk to Mariatorget on Söder, it's a really cosy area and on Hornsgatan 75 there's a vintage shop called Judits Second-Hand, which is womans only, and great, BUT they have opened a new shop a couple of blocks before called Judit Man, that's all menswear. I highly recommend it.

If you want any tips on other types of shops and galleries and so on feel free to ask!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Oh, one more, in Birger Jarlspassagen on Birger Jarlsgatan there are a couple of shops. One is called Le Shop too and they stock Vivienne Westwood and other good brands.

wow StellaMare, your answer was so thorough. karma for you :heart: ^_^

how well do you know the Östermalm area? I'm going to Stockholm in two weeks, and with two friends we were planning to cover Södermalm and Slussen plus Östermalm.
Any good vintage/second-hand stores there? What about indie designers? any info appreciated :flower:

Östermalm

I don't know about that many indie-designers on Östermalm, they're more common in other parts of the city.
Östermalm is where you can find expensive designer shops and high-end vintage.
I would recommend you to visit Chanesse First & Second hand, on Grev Turegatan 1 (close to the Östermalmstorg subway station). They have a lot of designer vintage, it's very mixed. From jeans to ball gowns. You can make some finds but the prices can be high.
I'm not super familiar with Östermalm, but I've heard that there are several vintage/second-hand shops on Storgatan. Since the area is "full" of wealthy people and older people, you can make finds there easily.

Other vintage shops on Östermalm include:

-Boutique två tre gånger, on Karlavägen 36. subway: Karlaplan
-Petronella, Lützengatan 4. subway: Karlaplan
-Marielle Second-hand, Erik Dahlbergsgatan 23. subway: Karlaplan

thanks stella. will def. check those out ^_^

I'll second Beyond Retro on Åsögatan. Absolutely brilliant, you must check it out, Adi! Tons and tons of great vintage stuff. Usually second hand shops are small and packed, but this one is big, like a supermarket of vintage clothes. You'll love it, I know I did!

^ well i definately will go check it out!

Don't forget Jus!

But really, the selection is pathetic in Stockholm if you're looking for international high-end brands. It just is.

U guys missed one place to shop and it's the most important fashion pilgrimage spot... the H&M stores :D

yeah, i do recommend the h&m store on Hamngatan.., i think it's the biggest one

I'd also recommend the area around norrmalmstorg, on your way to birgerjarlsgatan.. there are lots of good stores there, urban outfitters just opened not so long ago, emporio armani etc.. very mixed area

but my favourite shopping area is definately götgatan (subway stop: slussen)
lots of cool shops and the best H&M is there

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->