Stylists Behind The Shows?

coconut

Reaction score
writing a piece on stylists and failing to find updated info on rizzo(still lv?), alistair mackie, neophitu and chambers. does anyone know what 0405 shows they consulted for?
offtopic
did you know mackie styled early theyskens shows?
oh and please, suggestions on fave well-knows and interesting youngsters would be of great help.

i love alex white and lori goldstein

Coco,well I adore Haidee Findlay-Levin,Katja Rahlwes,Karl Plewka and Elle Verhagen(or is it Carmen Frudenthal that does the styling?). You could do a piece also on Jane How...she's been an incredible force in styling for years.

Does anybody know who did the styling for Jurgi? Diane Pernet told me once on disciple forums that she was based in NY....I'd like to know her name :wink:

ah...i see no one really knows much about the stylists ...it's really such a thankless job...if you work with a celeb...they get all the glory and accolades...and if you work with a designer...they're the star...or the photographer...same thing...

even the models get more credit than the editors in the magazines...

so ridiculous really...and it's the most work of any fashion-related job too...except maybe designer... i tell you this much...stylists have got to be in it for the love of fashion...because there is certainly very little glory... :( :blink: :ermm:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 26 2004, 01:06 AM
what does that mean?... :unsure:
[snapback]345660[/snapback]​

I think she means that some famous stylist should take over a magazine. However, I couldn't disagree more. Carine has proven time and again that being a successful stylist and being a successful editor-in-chief are two EXTREMELY different things. French Vogue sucks because it lacks a professional editorial vision behind it. Carine would make a good Fashion Director but as an editor, she just can't pull off a quality publication.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Aug 26 2004, 07:50 AM
I think she means that some famous stylist should take over a magazine. However, I couldn't disagree more. Carine has proven time and again that being a successful stylist and being a successful editor-in-chief are two EXTREMELY different things. French Vogue sucks because it lacks a professional editorial vision behind it. Carine would make a good Fashion Director but as an editor, she just can't pull off a quality publication.
[snapback]345860[/snapback]​

i agree with that...editor in chief is a completely different job...i believe you could have a cohesive vision for an entire magazine..but there are so many subjects that you have to deal with as editor in chief...reading and approving articles...etc...how does she still style fashion stories?... :huh: ...i think her best move has been to hire fabian baron...i do think she would be an amazing fashion director...she's a brilliant stylist...

but who knows...joe zee has just become editor in chief of that new fairchild men's mag...after being fashion director of W for ages...im guess we'll see how that goes...

it doesn't work if you're not a fashion person either...it's a very big job...editor-in-chief...

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 25 2004, 11:46 PM
ah...i see no one really knows much about the stylists ...it's really such a thankless job...if you work with a celeb...they get all the glory and accolades...and if you work with a designer...they're the star...or the photographer...same thing...

even the models get more credit than the editors in the magazines...

so ridiculous really...and it's the most work of any fashion-related job too...except maybe designer... i tell you this much...stylists have got to be in it for the love of fashion...because there is certainly very little glory... :( :blink: :ermm:
[snapback]345632[/snapback]​

awww....and im gong to study to be in the styling field.. :doh: :wink: is there anywhere i can find information on any these stylists at all? id like to know more about the pros. ^^

Originally posted by mishahoi@Aug 27 2004, 03:03 AM
awww....and im gong to study to be in the styling field.. :doh: :wink: is there anywhere i can find information on any these stylists at all? id like to know more about the pros. ^^
[snapback]346807[/snapback]​

study where?...as far as i know there is no real program for styling...just a couple of classes here and there...where are you planning to go to school?... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 27 2004, 10:03 AM
study where?...as far as i know there is no real program for styling...just a couple of classes here and there...where are you planning to go to school?... :flower:
[snapback]346971[/snapback]​

fuu...next year im starting at bunka fukusou in tokyo (i would be there now if they didnt make me go through a year of language training...grr...would love to get started on my fashoin studies already!). its obviously not a course for only that particular aspect of styling per se, but its a stylist course which includes many classes for show styling and fashion direction, like you said, but its one possibility of carreer choice for the future. i for one am excited ^^ i think a job like that would be the most exciting thing in the world ^^

Originally posted by mishahoi@Aug 28 2004, 06:24 AM
^^ i think a job like that would be the most exciting thing in the world ^^
[snapback]347894[/snapback]​

oh yeah...it's fabulous...i love it...can't you tell... :P :lol:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 28 2004, 05:12 PM
oh yeah...it's fabulous...i love it...can't you tell... :P :lol:
[snapback]348328[/snapback]​

oooh....so youre in the styling field?? i dont know if this is common knowledge on tfs or i havent been around long enough :blush: but i look to your words for wisdom! :wink: :P B) :flower:

it's common knowledge...and it's really no big deal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rtdrone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->