Stylists Version of the Same Look

Luxx

oh me, oh my
Reaction score
Every so often an item hits a collective nerve and becomes an editorial favorite. This thread is for cataloging and comparing pieces of clothing used in multiple fashion edits. If there is a Balenciaga hat (F/W 06 anyone) in every magazine or a Lanvin top you've seen in W, V and GQ lets talk about it here.

A couple of guidelines:

1. Please provide Designer, Stylist, Magazine& Model information if you have it. Additonal information makes for better comparisons.

2. Only editorials & magazine covers please

Lets start the fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stylists Version Of The Same Look

This Prada dress seems to be in every editorial lately, I know I've seen it like 5 times. Can people help me find the other pictures that have it? Thanks!

php4mgz7kpmqd1.jpg

-Cecelia in 10 magazine
-Heather in telegraph

Lily Donaldson also wore it in a New York Times (correct me if I'm wrong) editorial.

26854lilyprada12212lobc7.jpg

nytimes.com

here is Cecilia in 10 magazine

79345_Cecilia005_122_760lo.jpg

sacnned by goldstar

hope it works
79345_Cecilia005_122_760lo.jpg

same source

Thanks everyone! The picture of Cecelia isn't showing up for me though...I also think Emanuela de Paula wore it somewhere??

^i've never pay attention... but are those dress so hard to pin in the back?
they are all belted...

^yep it is...
but I mean it's always styled the same way... Did Miuccia let a note go in the editors offices??? it's styled as it is on the runway... and it's (the skirt... sorry i said the dress in my previous post) always belted...

style.com

I mean don't stylists have other idea with it???
make it style with a trouser or another longer skirt or whatever... and try another top... or just naked breast...
it's ALWAYS the same!!!
I would like to know if they styled the black similar item (look 46 - style.com) or similar top but different colour....

I think these kind of thread/subject is very interesting... see how editors/stylists make the key items of each season work in editorial/story... very interesting here - for this Prada combination - that only ONE style does exist with it!!!!
I'm seriously thinking of a conspiration....:blink::lol:

^yep it is...
but I mean it's always styled the same way... Did Miuccia let a note go in the editors offices??? it's styled as it is on the runway... and it's (the skirt... sorry i said the dress in my previous post) always belted...

style.com

I mean don't stylists have other idea with it???
make it style with a trouser or another longer skirt or whatever... and try another top... or just naked breast...
it's ALWAYS the same!!!
I would like to know if they styled the black similar item (look 46 - style.com) or similar top but different colour....

I think these kind of thread/subject is very interesting... see how editors/stylists make the key items of each season work in editorial/story... very interesting here - for this Prada combination - that only ONE style does exist with it!!!!
I'm seriously thinking of a conspiration....:blink::lol:

I agree, that's why I started the thread...everyone is obsessed with this outfit and I do think it's nice, but I wish there was some variation with the pieces.

38346_EricFisher01_122_455lo.jpg

From her thread.

Eep sorry I don't think Emanuela's pic is working...here it is again:
38346ericfisher01122455nh4.jpg

(Personally I think she looks best out of everyone)

I notice this outfit everywhere in editorials! It's at the point now where I'm getting quite sick of it! Especially with that 'turban'! :doh:

Vogue Italia March 2007
Pictorial Clicks
Snejana Onopka
Photographed by Paolo Roversi

566175556_b19af48da6.jpg

scanned by MODA

See the entire Prada edit here

^its a great piece, however it would be nice to see some variation in styling...

(black structured slim blazer and super tight pencil skirt, black pump...would look totally hot, make it seem "more wearable" = more sales...?)

I don't get why this dress is so popular. I don't really like it very much...

^ Almost the same dress! :wink: That version was used often in editorials as well.

Stylists' Version Of The Same Look

Versace S/S 07 Gold Dress

1. Stylist: Joanna Blades | Magazine: Vogue Nippon June 07 | Model: Eugenia Volodina

2. Stylist: Ingela Klemptz | Magazine: L'Officiel Russ June 07 | Model: Elin S.

3. Stylist: Sasa Thomann | Magazine: Elle UK Feb 07 | Model: Leona Axelsen Ringström

4. Stylist: Belen Antolin | Magazine: Vogue Espana March 07 | Model: Inguna Butane

Personally I think that the most interesting styling was in L'Officiel. I like the addition of the black turtleneck, it was something I wouldn't have thought of with this dress but it was very simple. I'm also quite enjoying the Elle UK version of this dress mainly due to how natural and soft they've kept everything else. The dress is already kind of robotic and cold so its nice to see it paired with very natural almost hippie-ish hair and light makeup.

Image Credit | Scans by Mirik (L'Officiel Rus), ***Bianca*** (Vogue Espana), 1karina1 (Elle UK) and janginhwa (Vogue Nippon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Absinthe02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->