• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Supplies/ Sources for Designers: Fabrics, Textiles, Trimings, Notions, Findings, Etc.

Remember quality over quantity. Pay more. You don't want the patters/ design fading or colour draining in the wash.
The cloth house is good.
You'll have to look it up yourself because I can't remember the address. Its a shop just full of fabrics and buttons. Near one of the Beyond Retro stores. Fairly close to Oxford Street.
Their linens are fab. Hundreds of colours too.

two stores on berwick street. one at the top end near oxford street, one at the bottom end near p*rno alley
top store sells more natural fabrics and woolen suiting
bottom store sells the interesting stuff and stuff like jersey and neoprene etc

can't remember if borovicks sell jersey
or try A1 fabrics in shephards bush (goldhawk lane station, hammersmith and city)
and most of the other shops along there have jersey downstairs too

Sources for Fabrics / Textiles - shopping in person or online

If you have any questions about shops / websites / places to purchase fabric for your projects, please post them here :flower:

fabric sourcing...it's tough!

hi everyone,

i'm currently working on a line. at the moment, i have a local cut&sew place and a screen printer. however, i'm having a lot of difficulties finding a fabric supplier that will supply to small orders (100-500 yards). i have a sample of the fabric that i want, but my local fabric suppliers don't seem to have it (i'm in vancouver, bc). it's a very light weight cotton/lycra blend.

can anyone give me some advice on what to do, or if you have contacts to suppliers that i can work with, that would be awesome

hi chadiler , Have you tried FabricTime Solutions?
They are wholesale. 1325 East Pender Street :smile:
Minimum order is of $100 or 20 metres of one fabric
& you don't even need to register as a business

Last edited by a moderator:
hi chadiler , Have you tried FabricTime Solutions?
They are wholesale. 1325 East Pender Street :smile:
Minimum order is of $100 or 20 metres of one fabric
& you don't even need to register as a business

thanks gius, i'll try to get in contact with them. only thing is, i doubt they will have the type of cotton i want. i was at a couple places and they said that type of cotton is not common in canada and i would have to find a fabric mill that can produce it

well for myself i don't think it's illegal. that's what plain t-shirt companies are in the business for - supplying plain tees for people to get their stuffs printed on.

as long u don't openly claimed u made em from scratch and let em find out? it's always a mystery how plain tees from the labels come about don't u? like how raf simons has that perfect softness. how dior homme's has the extra seam. and one thing in common is they will never tell u how they come from (yes no tags no clues), either they made from scratch or had sourced a good factory/supplier.

I have been searching EVERYWHERE- every tee shirt manufacturer from American Apparel to Alternative Apparel, etc. to find a vintage soft tee to work off of to put designs on- cannot find one anywhere. The alt. apparel has one in grey but thats the only color. The american apparel shirts just are not soft enough..any ideas!!!!!???? Thank you!

AA shirts wheren´t soft enough? Geez, they are like the softest ones in know:woot:

I know of a couple of people starting a line and they are using bamboo t-shirts. It's sustailable and their line is all about saving the planet, so it falls right into their company ideals. But I noticed that they were just about the softest t-shirts that I have ever felt. Unfortunately, I have no idea where they sourced these bamboo shirts.

Hello

Just wondering what is the term for a place that makes fabrics ?

Fabric mill ? Textile mill? Manufacturer?
Lately I've found textile companies and they are wholesale-- but most of them have said they import the fabric rather than produce it

Fabric stores in metro New York or online

Long time no see, guys. I'm around, but I've been really busy with work and moving...miss you all :winkiss:
I'm currently shopping for curtains. I've seen a very luxurious wool flannel curtain in a local store, but that will cost me $2k per window. So I was wondering if there are any fabric stores (in the garment district?) in metro New York area or online (where I can order swatches).
The main goal is to shop for home, but I'd love to explore garment fabrics, too. so please let me know what your favorite fabric stores are. Thank you.:flower:
btw, how do you like wool curtains? Do they look like "suit" too much? :P:D

Have you tried rummaging through the garment district?

I wouldn't know too much about curtains but one I do know of is mood fabrics. If you go down to their bottom floor they have a whole section with upholstery and curtain fabrics.

My two favs are MOOD and B&J fabrics.....everyone in both those stores is really nice.

Also if your ever in Philadelphia on 4th street just outside of Rittenhouse is there own fabric row (the name of the street even changes to fabric row) it's got about 6 stores of upholstery fabric,and also one great little notions store (I think it's called Zoller)

Have you tried rummaging through the garment district?

I wouldn't know too much about curtains but one I do know of is mood fabrics. If you go down to their bottom floor they have a whole section with upholstery and curtain fabrics.

I have a demanding job, so my time is quite limited. But I will certainly check out Mood :woot: Thank you :flower:

Buying Fabric online

i am always searching for nice, interesting fabrics.
do you know opportunities online to buy nice crafts?

Thanks

Buying Fabric online

Do any of you buy fabric online? Where are your favorite places to buy? Im trying to create something similar to a Herve Leger bandage dress, I already have the specs:

90% Rayon
9% Nylon
1% Spandex

any good sources of vintage (or vintage look) fabric and textiles?

hello DIY!

i'm hoping someone here has a good recommendation of a source for vintage fabrics and other textiles - or even faux vintage if they are high quality. any help you could offer would be AWESOME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->