TFS designer awards!

zamb

Reaction score
i have a new idea for a thread. Wish i had thought about it earlier.
Dont know if anything like this has been done before, (or if it is even allowed. Sorry Mods. If its not you can delete the thread.

i want us to have a designer awards thread. from which we will have at the end a designer(s) of the year.

the categories are as follows.

1. Menswear designer of the year
2. Womenswear designer of the year
3. Avant garde designer of the year
4. Independent designer of the year
5. Accessories designer of the year.

the rules are as follows.

1. For a week (ending Nov :cool: we will nominate a designer in each category, at the end of the week, the top five designers with the most nominations, will be in the running for the awards.
(after then no new nominess can be added)

2. you can vote for as many designers as you like. However, you can only vote once per day for each designer.

3. a feature in a major magazine is worth twenty (20) votes

4. A feature in a smaller magazine is worth ten (10)votes

5. an editorial shot in a major magazine is worth five (5) votes

6. an editorial in a smaller magazine is worth two (2) votes

7. a regular post to vote for the designer is worth one (1) vote.

8. at the end of each week we will tabulate the total votes for each designer in each category and carry them over into the next week, into the next month and so on.
9. it is OK to nominate a designer in multiple categories (providing that thier products/ designs are worthy of such category)
10. at the end of the year , the designer(s) with the most votes is awarded the TFS designer of the year.

All designers who are members of TFS are not allowed to nominate themselves, However, they can be nominated by other TFS members.

Maybe thier will need to be more rules. but this will do for now. this will be until the end of the year.
Next year we will start at the beginning,

also,i will need help to monitor this thread, as there are times when i am really busy. and wont have time. hopefully one of the moderators will be generous enough to help.

i will post my nominations tommorow

Last edited by a moderator:
Hum ...

#1 Isnt already a thread on this?
#2 I think this belongs in the Games at the spot forum ...

I think it is a good idea, and should stay in the designers and collections area (that is if it has not already been done)... this isn't pointless like the majority of games at the "Games at the spot" area, and the people who post in the Designers and Collections area are the ones who should be doing this anyway.

Well this is technically a game but I think it's a really interesting idea and I'll bring it back to discuss with the other mods. My only question is - how will you administer extra votes for the editorials and things? I'm not even sure that should be included because for example someone like Gucci, who few on tfs would vote for, give their clothes away and as such are more heavily featured in editorials and industry events where as someone else might not be. Plus the easiest way to do this would be via the polling system we already have in place which you can't go into and add more votes.

Meg said:
Well this is technically a game but I think it's a really interesting idea and I'll bring it back to discuss with the other mods. My only question is - how will you administer extra votes for the editorials and things? I'm not even sure that should be included because for example someone like Gucci, who few on tfs would vote for, give their clothes away and as such are more heavily featured in editorials and industry events where as someone else might not be. Plus the easiest way to do this would be via the polling system we already have in place which you can't go into and add more votes.

well thanks Meg for the info. as a moderator you probably know a lot about TFS than i do. it would be nice to see what the other moderators think.

also, regarding the editorials etc. someone would have to actually post them. as we cant count unposted articles. the thing is a company like Gucci, aas you said most people on TFS wouldnt vote for (although we could be surprised to find out otherwise) so it kind of create a balance between big and small companies.
and although there are companies i dont much like. i believe in democracy, so whoever is the winner at the end..............is the winner

zamb said:
also, regarding the editorials etc. someone would have to actually post them. as we cant count unposted articles. the thing is a company like Gucci, aas you said most people on TFS wouldnt vote for (although we could be surprised to find out otherwise) so it kind of create a balance between big and small companies.
and although there are companies i dont much like. i believe in democracy, so whoever is the winner at the end..............is the winner

Well i think that if we want to do this, then it is better that we leave out the editorials completely, because after all it is the "TFS" awards not the "TFS + VOGUE + GQ" awards... also how do we define which are "major" and which are "minor" publications??/ and why would a publication in a "major" magazine be worth more points than in a "minor"?

i think we want an "awards" system which recognises the actual fashion design and which is not muddled by the different budgets, marketing techniques and/or sales figures from brand to brand.

I have to agree with Monsieur. We are a very stylish bunch on tfs and to get a true indicator of what fashion 'insiders' and people who pay attention heavily to design would be amazing. Plus as aforementioned, it would be difficult to combine this with polling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->