The 90s Comeback

miss6o

Reaction score
now that the 80s came and went, i see that the 90s is coming back slowly.

ive seen overalls on catwalks as well as plaid..highrise jeans and skirts are also sign of 90s comeback.

feel free to discuss and post pics..what do you think, will this trend stay for awhile or is it just a fad? what are your 90s likes and dislikes?

i definately dont wanna see grunge again... :P but highrise trend i like...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think these sunglasses off of Yoox look a little bit 90's

460214971b29sn.jpg

(http://www.yoox.com/item/GUCCI+Eyewear/YOOX/tskay/B84CE7A2/rr/1/cod10/460214971I/areaid/36/st/)

(they show up in purple on the site, you just have to go into the "available sizes and colours" box to get black)

didn't stop me from buying a pair, though (in black)

I quite like the 90's look. But I missed it first time round, as I was only a lil boy (like between 2 and 9 years old) so maybe that's why.

i definately dont wanna see grunge again

definitely. ewww, grunge. no, thankyou

What does "highrise" trend mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
Highrise = high waists

I don't really see a 90's comeback yet, we're still firmly stuck in the 80's I think... High waists and plaid are very much 80's IMO.

i see this happening.
...minimalism, Marc Jacobs had a sort of grunge idea for FW 06...

i can also see 90's styles rising, mainly through the new minimalism esthetics :wink:

crepebacksatin said:
wow, that makes me feel old... and i'm in my twenties!! :o

Same here! I wasn't ever really fond of the 90s style though. But I guess, anything could look good if done right.. hopefully oversized wool plaid button down shirts don't come back because those were just :woot: lol

plaid such like dsquared is doing for winter i think. the red plaid. i remember wearing red and blue plaid shirts in elementary school. :D

late 80s and 90s mix up easily...but whats there in the 90s.. fannypacks, gym pants, leotards/bodys, pencil skirts..

im in love with the high rise jeans and skirts now :smile: but yes they were alson in the 80s.. ive been watching saved by the bell, and in the 90s the high rise jeans and jeans skirts were a big hit ...

i wanna get a body/bodysuit.. or what you call that thing. it has clips in the crotch... i used to have a few of those..

oh and lets not forget floral patterns.. those are so 90s

Last edited by a moderator:
90's deffinetly are back, buxy cts, minimalism and grunge ( plaid and doc martens making a return) seem to big trends

Jil Sander Fall 2006
00040m.jpg
00120m.jpg

Marc Jacobs Fall 2006
00070m.jpg
00240m.jpg

Marios Shwab Fall 2006 - very 90's Alia/Versace

00400m.jpg
00420m.jpg

style.com

nice! very 90s

the little black dress is making a comeback i see...

fannypacks are the worst. i don't care WHO makes them. i saw a gucci fannypack. it's still a fannypack.:sick:

The 80s had some cool moments..........I think with the beginnig of the popularity of MTV we had music all around us, so we were inspired by bands, music, break dancing etc.

The 90s.....just huh?? There wasn't that much to the fashion really that sticks out in my mind, other than grunge.

Of course this kind of started the club kid, raver look. I remember in 91-95 it was all Rave Rave Rave. Club kids, club glamour.

oh yes! i love 90s passionately. :P :heart:

not really into minimalism...but clownish prints! :woot:

britpop is also very 90s and that style i used to think was supercute..i dont know how the comeback of that style would work though..
but i do like the cute sweaters they wore.. (eg. blur)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->