The All Milan Menswear Fashion Week S/S 07

i dont like milan men's wear to begin with..so it was alright with me
but this season looked worse..maybe it's the world cup? brought back the beefcake, more skin, less clothes (referring to docle & gabbana and dsquare etc.)

my fav is fendi..great collection..and alexander mcqueen's was nice too

HeLLBoY said:
Anybody gets any pictures from the show by mihara yasuhiro??
Sorry, I couldn't find anything... they are on firstview, but locked...:ninja:

ilaughead said:
Thumbs Up
Bottega Veneta-Very young for such a big luxury brand. I like the direction it's going, but not the colors.
Burberry Prorsum-Just wonderful. Great styling, clothes, Baggy pants, sparkling cardigans. What isn't great about it!?
Dsquared-Well, obviously I'm kidding.
Gucci-I really like how a house is finally letting the men's and women's line have the same aesthetic. And that John Ray's gone. Thank god.
Prada-Okay, maybe the short shorts are not for me, and it's a little too futuristic, but the patent leather coats and one oversized tee shirt won me over. BIG STAR FOR LOVELY
Wiggling Sideways Thumbs
Jil Sander-It seems the fashion "world" (TFS) is divided on this one, so I'll stay safe and just wait to make a real decision until I see the clothes in person.
Marni-It'd be thumbs down if it wasn't Marni. So I'll give it a chance.
Missoni-Pretty patterns but nothing new.
Miu Miu-Just boring. I really hate plain suiting (I'm 15, so I have no reason to like it), and Miu Miu has never wowed me before.
Versace-It's so nice that everything isn't skin tight! Everything looks pretty good...for Versace. STAR FOR BIGGEST CHANGE FOR THE BETTER
Thumbs Down
Alexander McQueen-For whatever reason, I don't care for McQueen's menswear. I love his ready-to-wear though.
Calvin Klein-Tights? Tights? TIGHTS!?
D&G-Haha.
Dolce & Gabbana-I'm sure half the designer clothes wearing male population will wear everything from the line, but it's just boring. I really dislike it.
Dsquared-Pure homoerotic show=No one will take them seriously. And actually looking at the clothing makes it worse.
Emporio Armani-Boring. STAR FOR LEAST INNOVATION
Giorgio Armani-Dumb. (Haha. I just called Armani "dumb") Seriously though, he needs to stop now. There is no innovation in his collections. I'm sure no one would notice if he started to just use old pieces from his line and pass it off as brand new.
Roberto Cavalli-It's the same as last season. Nothing new whatsoever.
Valentino-Who was this supposed to be marketed to? Where's the fine eveningwear kind of clothing?
I've never been more in agreement.

Also, applause for having the guts to admit that Gucci didn't do too bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
thumb up - Prada, MiuMiu, Fendi, McQueen, Sander and Burberry
thumb down - (of course)Gucci, and Dolce Gabbana family

I liked Burberry, McQueen, and Gucci

I did not like Jil Sander, Dolce & Gabbana, and [SIZE=-1]Alessandro Dell'Acqua[/SIZE]

ilaughead said:
Thumbs Up
Bottega Veneta-Very young for such a big luxury brand. I like the direction it's going, but not the colors.
Burberry Prorsum-Just wonderful. Great styling, clothes, Baggy pants, sparkling cardigans. What isn't great about it!?
Dsquared-Well, obviously I'm kidding.
Gucci-I really like how a house is finally letting the men's and women's line have the same aesthetic. And that John Ray's gone. Thank god.
Prada-Okay, maybe the short shorts are not for me, and it's a little too futuristic, but the patent leather coats and one oversized tee shirt won me over. BIG STAR FOR LOVELY
Wiggling Sideways Thumbs
Jil Sander-It seems the fashion "world" (TFS) is divided on this one, so I'll stay safe and just wait to make a real decision until I see the clothes in person.
Marni-It'd be thumbs down if it wasn't Marni. So I'll give it a chance.
Missoni-Pretty patterns but nothing new.
Miu Miu-Just boring. I really hate plain suiting (I'm 15, so I have no reason to like it), and Miu Miu has never wowed me before.
Versace-It's so nice that everything isn't skin tight! Everything looks pretty good...for Versace. STAR FOR BIGGEST CHANGE FOR THE BETTER
Thumbs Down
Alexander McQueen-For whatever reason, I don't care for McQueen's menswear. I love his ready-to-wear though.
Calvin Klein-Tights? Tights? TIGHTS!?
D&G-Haha.
Dolce & Gabbana-I'm sure half the designer clothes wearing male population will wear everything from the line, but it's just boring. I really dislike it.
Dsquared-Pure homoerotic show=No one will take them seriously. And actually looking at the clothing makes it worse.
Emporio Armani-Boring. STAR FOR LEAST INNOVATION
Giorgio Armani-Dumb. (Haha. I just called Armani "dumb") Seriously though, he needs to stop now. There is no innovation in his collections. I'm sure no one would notice if he started to just use old pieces from his line and pass it off as brand new.
Roberto Cavalli-It's the same as last season. Nothing new whatsoever.
Valentino-Who was this supposed to be marketed to? Where's the fine eveningwear kind of clothing?

(That was kind of long-ish, wasn't it?)

I agree with your list. Though I didn't like the patent leather stuff or the shorts in prada but everything else was fine in that show. Also I'm glad John Ray is gone he's boring.

who..

Djavanjmiles said:
I agree with your list. Though I didn't like the patent leather stuff or the shorts in prada but everything else was fine in that show. Also I'm glad John Ray is gone he's boring.
w
hjo the hell is John ray? wich brand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->