The 'Authentication' Thread

TheSoCalledPrep

Reaction score
I can usually spot fakes pretty well, but I have absolutely NO experience with Chanel pieces.

Any help?

d1_1.JPG

89_1.JPG

I know this is probably not the right place to post this (maybe there should be a "where can I get this?" board or thread--I'm sure there probably already is one, but I can't seem to find it.) Anyway, feel free to move this. :flower:

I was wondering where I could get a Marc by Marc Jacobs denim mini skirt online or in a store.

Thanks for your help! :flower:

thought you'd have more luck with your post here so I moved it. :flower:

lucy...first of all...where do you live?...
bloomingdales carries lots of marc by marc...

Thank you, Utopia! :flower:

I live in Chicago, Softgrey. I've checked everywhere but Bloomingdales, so that's a great idea. Thanks, Softgrey :heart:

you are welcome and good luck lucy...

but a denim skirt from old navy is even cooler ..imho...especially if you cut the bottom so that it frays...

something to keep in mind if you can't find an mj one... :flower: :wink:

I searched and didn't find a thread like this in the Shop Til You Drop forum, so here it is. If it already existed, mods please merge. So let the games begin...

Is this Ann Dem chain authentic?...
23_1_b.JPG

db_1_b.JPG

4e_1_b.JPG

It's about time someone started this thread...I'll be posting here quite a bit next year.

edit: Alex I don't think that's a fake...I don't see why anyone would want to fake Ann Demeulemeester stuff. The packaging looks good enough.

Fade to Black said:
It's about time someone started this thread...I'll be posting here quite a bit next year.

edit: Alex I don't think that's a fake...I don't see why anyone would want to fake Ann Demeulemeester stuff. The packaging looks good enough.
Yeah, I thought we were in desperate need of this thread. It'll keep things cleaner, hopefully.

I was thinking the same thing about Ann Dem/eBay/fakes, but there are a ton of women's boots that just went up that I'm guessing are fake. Who in the world has like ten identical pairs of Ann Dem boots? (They're not the cool ones, by the way.)

hmm yeah the ten pairs thing does seem sketchy...then again I'm not too familiar with Ann Dem so I don't know if it's a super limited brand where the stores carry like two items in the same size max or something like that.

Another thing you gotta watch out for though, and this probably doesn't apply to more exclusive designers like Ann Dem or Junya or whatever, but people have been known to put an item up for auction when they don't even have the item...setting it at a lower price so the overall market price of the item goes down, it's an economics thing. Then again this probably only applies to things like Nike SB sneakers where the street value is constantly fluctuating and people want to manipulate the prices for their own benefits. Don't know if you're a sneaker fanatic but I thought I'd just throw this out there for people who are. This happens a lot in Asia.

Thanks AlexN i think it looks real... but then again i have never seen the real ones before :stuart: :bounce:

I used to be quite a sneaker fanatic...
but then I became more attracted to designer shoes and boots and realized I'd much rather spend the money on clothes than on an $800 pair of nikes.
There is a huge scene in asia for sneaker collecting, so I know what you mean about people trying to influence the street prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
AlexN said:
I searched and didn't find a thread like this in the Shop Til You Drop forum, so here it is. If it already existed, mods please merge. So let the games begin...

Is this Ann Dem chain authentic?...
23_1_b.JPG

db_1_b.JPG

4e_1_b.JPG
It's authentic. My belt comes with those exact chains.

Yay...finally found a thread to post this in after searching for a bit.

Anyway...

Are these Manolo Blahnik heels real?

MB.jpg
MB-1.jpg

MB-2.jpg
MB3.jpg

I believe based on the description that these are supposed to be from a few seasons back. I asked the seller for a larger picture of the label and a less blurry one of the heel, now I just need to wait for their response.

I really want some pretty white heels to go with some of the clothes I just bought.

Thanks. :heart:

raijin said:
I used to be quite a sneaker fanatic...
but then I became more attracted to designer shoes and boots and realized I'd much rather spend the money on clothes than on an $800 pair of nikes.
There is a huge scene in asia for sneaker collecting, so I know what you mean about people trying to influence the street prices.

haha my sentiments exactly. but its ok, i can sell some of my old shoes to buy new clothes :smile:

alex, just curious, what's special about the ann dem chains? are the painted black? powder coated or just painted so it'll chip away?

xcoldricex said:
alex, just curious, what's special about the ann dem chains? are the painted black? powder coated or just painted so it'll chip away?
Their luster is very nice. Depending on the light, they can look from black to grey-ish/silver. I guess they're painted somehow; they don't seem like they'd ever chip. I didn't pay much for them, so I feel like they were a pretty good purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->