The BEST Makeup Blogs, Podcasts, Videos & Application Tutorials!

I have never been into makeup art but lately I am appreciating more and more runway makeup and similar. I would love if some of you could post some tutorial from youtube(or similar) that you like. It could be some simple ones, but also videos from fashion weeks(or people doing runway make up).

Here are the ones that I like. This girl is amazing :shock:

She is M. Phan's sister, you should also check out Michelle she is great:smile:

Thank you for info:flower: I didn't have any idea who Michelle is so I had to google her :lol: She is really good with makeup indeed. Does she has a youtube account?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Essie's youtube chanel is very addictive. She's just so pretty and funny, I love watching her videos.

^^I know, right?^_^ I could read her blog and watch her videos all day long! She's so adorable and witty! I love her!:wub: And the fact that we have the same skin tone so her suggestions really work for me.

Lisa Eldridge's channel has got to be one of the best on YouTube. She's a very talented and well-known make-up artist who works in the fashion business. She has some personal videos, where she does her own make-up which are great. Every video is worth watching in my opinion!
Right now, she's starting a series of videos with 'guest make-up artists' where they will recreate looks they have done on celebrities or magazine shoots.

Most of my favourite youtube beauty vloggers have already been mentioned, but anyway:

Estee "Essie Button" - she's just the best, so funny, actually the only youtuber whose videos make me laugh. Love both her channels- essiebutton & essiebuttonvlogs (which is surprising because I usually don't watch "private life" vlogs!).

Lisa Eldridge - she's a real pro, no explanation needed.

Marlena from Makeup Geek - she's, always so kind and informative, love her tutorials. And I've heard rave reviews about products from her makeup line, especially eyeshadows and pigments. Must check them out!

Alli from "Makeup By Alli" - she's really cute, even though in some of her tutorials she uses a bit too many products, love watching them nonetheless.

I also really like to watch "geekNchic" videos, just love her accent!

I almost completely stopped watching/reading beauty vloggs/blogs (and I've never been a fan of big beauty guru names anyway). They're all more or less the same, the content is mostly sponsored and I find it disturbing that many beauty gurus don't even explicitly state they're being paid. The lack of honest opinion and constructive criticism really bothers me too. Many blogers just seem to like the freebies and everything they get is oh-so-amazing. :rolleyes: I was quite naive back then when I discovered the world of beauty blogging and now I don't rely on blog reviews like I used to. But I still check some (local) beauty blogs from time to time to stay up to date and I also find them very useful when looking for swatches. :smile:

^ I agree with everything you said. Also, I feel like we see less and less of actual makeup tutorials, they mostly only review their sponsored products (we never actually see them use them), and hauls, etc.

Just discovered Violet Grey, I see it has an older and sophisticated sister of ITG. They really focus on beauty insider and experts knowledge, being a private studio penthouse in Melrose Place and I love their code
http://www.violetgrey.com/violet-code
Source: Violet Grey

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 12.03.03 am.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 12.03.03 am.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 2
Lisa Eldridge :heart:

I also like a youtuber called Misseffortlesslychic. She is very critical when reviewing products and she does a lot of research on ingredients and companies.
She claims not to be sponsored and to always give honest opinions.
Like me she was a fan of Armani's makeup, but now, just like me, she is trying to switch to organic products. Her channel offers in depth reviews of brands such as Kjaer Weis and RMS.

I really like her because I don't have the time to do research and I feel she is trustworthy and has great taste!

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree about beauty gurus, its suspicious that they all start talking about the same product at literally the same time and then in the following months they don't mention it at all. I have a question about that. Who sends the products to the beauty gurus? Would it be the marketing department of a company or has a new social media department been created? Sorry if it's a little off topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->