The Business of Magazines

Is it though? Those are not such bad numbers for Vogue Paris, they usually really don't sell much, just have the hype, and reputation. Not unlike Vogue Italia, that famously sells so little they barely let numbers out publicly. But what truly shocks me is that Marion performed so badly for them, I mean that is seriously awful for a star like her. And it was such a beautiful cover!
Marion’s cover wasn’t tied with any news...I mean, I’m sure the cover and all of those things were done pre-quarantine and so, she did not have a movie and I think the Chanel campaign release was stopped so, it makes sense on why it wasn’t a hit. Apart from that cover, she didn’t even appeared on talk shows...

^ But she is still a huge star, they usually move things just based on their name without having to promote anyhting. It surprised me how little it sold, especially since it was a really beautiful cover. But i guess celebs on VP really are not THE selling point, didn't Rihanna's guest edited issue bomb, and was the worst selling Holiday issue they had in years? It's interesting that models sell more, wish it was the case on all Vogues.

Hmmmm, weren’t we all expressing our surprise when that cover came out?

And how could this conversation have taken place in July 2018, when the cover she was talking about was released in early August 2018?

i mean the cover subject and the photographer were rumoured for quite some time before they released it?

Trashy gossip.

Anna Wintour and Shelby Bryan split after 20 years

Anna Wintour and telecom millionaire Shelby Bryan have finally split after more than 20 years together, Page Six is told.

We’d previously reported that things had cooled off between the powerful pair and that they hadn’t been seen in public together for some time. But now we’re told they’re done for good.

It’s not yet clear what caused the split, but the chatter around town was that Bryan had gone back to his ex-wife Katherine Bryan, whose husband, investment banker Damon Mezzacappa, died in 2015. But sources close to Katherine tell us that she’s not back with Bryan — who stepped out on her when he began an affair with the Condé Nast honcho back in 1999. “Katherine and Shelby have kids together [and] are friends. That’s all,” said a source when asked about the reunion scuttlebutt.

Meanwhile, we’re told Bryan has been spending time in his native Texas. In November, Page Six reported that things had begun to go sour for Wintour and Bryan back in 2013, after it was revealed he owed the IRS some $1.2 million in back taxes.

“It’s been quite a while since they’ve been seen together,” said a source at the time.

Bryan didn’t respond to our request for comment. A rep for Wintour declined to comment.

Page Six spotted Wintour in February out to dinner with British actor Bill Nighy, “beaming the whole time.” The pair are good friends and have been spotted at plays in London and NYC.
source | pagesix

Shelby's entire look and aura were like the archetypical serial killer character in movies, so no gripes from my end. He seems about as cheerful as winter in Siberia.
Hope the Bill Nighy rumours are true though, they'd make a stunning couple! Just don't touch his Marmite! (also, the woman at 2:07 is probably Americans and Canadians going WTF!?!?!)

Probably Melania got word of it beforehand since at the time the September cover was already shot.

Seems like she was also trying to negotiate for a Vogue cover thus being made on the loop

Probably Melania got word of it beforehand since at the time the September cover was already shot.

Seems like she was also trying to negotiate for a Vogue cover thus being made on the loop

Strange that's someone would be so up to date with the happenings of Vogue yet don't care for the magazine. I don't even think the 'friend', who is really quite shady, knew who Tonne was.

She definitely wants a Vogue cover, sounds like she'd say yes even if they'd ask her today.

Managing director to leave Edições Globo Condé Nast.

Daniela Falcão is stepping down from her role as managing director of Edições Globo Condé Nast just months after Buzzfeed published an article alleging she bullied employees. Edições Globo Condé Nast said Falcão is leaving to “to fulfil an old desire to dedicate herself to consulting and for personal projects.” She will continue in her role overseeing the Brazilian editions of Condé Nast magazines including Vogue, Glamour and GQ until the end of the year.

business of fashion

Comment from today.

Lol.

anna-wintour-gifs-6.w1272.h848.2x.gif

The Cut

That is a hit piece if I ever saw one! I mean how is that NYTIMES? It reads like Daily Mail, that article doesn't know what it wants to be!! Can't wait until Wintour is gone, and she has certainly fostered bad working evniroment for POC at Conde Nast (NOT just Vogue), but how is it all her fault? There are people above her, and even after reading that super long article, it just feels like a forced attempt to push her out. It won't work!

a fashion magazine will always be full of power hungry jerks, no matter what race or class really > the world doesn't revolve around america

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meineri
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->