The Business of Magazines

what does she even have to do with salaries...

what does she even have to do with salaries...

For years the New Yorker and Vogue hired mostly trust fund kids to work for them. Remember "Elizabeth TNT"? Those trust fund kids and millionaires didn't need large salaries and often worked for mostly cachet and resume building [or in Elizabeth TNTs case the Vogue writing gig entailed promoting her family's business interests]
Normal people that work for CN/New Yorker/Vogue that are recent hires may need to be paid more than 33K a year especially if they live in NYC. These are practically poverty wages.

One other area where CN is cost cutting is that they are not properly licensing photographic work for Vogue Runway online in most cases. They are offering "credit" where they just list the photographers name - even for very established photographers those that shot for Vogue or the Face previously.

One other area where CN is cost cutting is that they are not properly licensing photographic work for Vogue Runway online in most cases. They are offering "credit" where they just list the photographers name - even for very established photographers those that shot for Vogue or the Face previously.
Conde Nast just keeps getting messier and messier.

Damn, CN needs to stop to be greedy and clean the house....

Another one from Vogue Spain resigned:

Yes, the content will be shared. All editors will be fired….

Yeah the EIC but the Fashion Directors too? They gonna need to make local contents somehow. They are following the steps of L’Officiel so maybe the gonna hire freelancers when they need local content.

If shared content is indeed the strategy for the future, you can guarantee Condé Nast will release a statement in one or two years time heralding huge profits - yet failing to mention it's due to the sacrificing of local content and the axing of countless jobs.

I'm just sat here watching our beloved editions of Vogue just go to wreck and ruin. I'm also starting to hold some serious grudges against the suits at Condé Nast (including Anna Wintour). No wonder there's people protesting outside Wintour's New York home at this rate!

@vogue28, is there any specific thread about Alt leaving VP? I did not find...

@vogue28, is there any specific thread about Alt leaving VP? I did not find...

Since there's been no news direct from Emmanuelle Alt or a statement from Condé Nast with regards to Alt leaving Vogue Paris, there is no thread. However, talk of Alt's alleged departure and the future of the European Vogues is being discussed here.

Since there's been no news direct from Emmanuelle Alt or a statement from Condé Nast with regards to Alt leaving Vogue Paris, there is no thread. However, talk of Alt's alleged departure and the future of the European Vogues is being discussed here.
Thank u!

I just saw on his private account, the Art Director of Vogue Spain is also out…is massive…who’s staying there??….

If shared content is indeed the strategy for the future, you can guarantee Condé Nast will release a statement in one or two years time heralding huge profits - yet failing to mention it's due to the sacrificing of local content and the axing of countless jobs.

I'm just sat here watching our beloved editions of Vogue just go to wreck and ruin. I'm also starting to hold some serious grudges against the suits at Condé Nast (including Anna Wintour). No wonder there's people protesting outside Wintour's New York home at this rate!
At this point they are their own demise. I don't ever see Conde Nast/Vogue being the Fashion "bible" any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->