The 'Dress a Celebrity' Thread

Who: Anne Hathaway
tumblr_m71vjdle_Yq1r3crlko1_400.jpg

Where: Late Show with David Letterman

What: Yves Saint-Laurent Fall 2012 dress + S/S12 pumps + belt (forgot the brand sorry)
Anne.png

style.com; ysl.com

Thought it might be fun to revive this thread…

MAKEOVER MADNESS
Lana del Rey is one of my absolute favorite musical artists, and she has created such a rich visual language for herself, but recently, she is in desperate need of an image upgrade in the wardrobe department. For such a definable and saturated LDR vocabulary, her style both on and off the red carpet has been surprisingly, and disappointingly, lackluster. I'd never want Lana to be a fashionista victim, but I do think that her image could be more at the level of her music.

Red Carpet/Formal Events
Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2007
Can you imagine Lana in this gown with honey-brown hair in soft curls, center-parted and hair tucked behind her ears? No jewelry, save for a delicate diamante bracelet? A soft maroon lip? I could about pass out! She'd absolutely be the highlight of the red carpet in this look.
Jean+Paul+Gaultier+Spring+2007+6s7jm-UeWhil.jpg
Jean+Paul+Gaultier+Spring+2007+F2kUCHeIxx3l.jpg
Jean+Paul+Gaultier+Spring+2007+TjyAxALM1ppl.jpg

Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2016
With some vampy Veronica Lake curls and a velvety red lip, Lana would stun on the red carpet in this look. The dilapidated glamour of the dress - like an antique gown found in the attic…part Miss Havisham, part Jean Harlow - is so perfect for Lana.
Marc+Jacobs+Spring+2016+ClTTPRemtmwl.jpg
Marc+Jacobs+Spring+2016+Details+wYRisuwhmHgl.jpg
Marc+Jacobs+Spring+2016+Details+PkXpsiJX3IXl.jpg

Rodarte Spring/Summer 2016
I could easily see Lana wear any number of looks from this collection. The 70's glam rock/disco references were made so modern by Rodarte by removing era-specific detailing and fabrications and instead the looks were made so light and soft with the romantic colors, pajama styling and art-deco embroideries. Would fit perfectly into Lana's lush, louche, loungy world.
Rodarte+Spring+2016+xWGMrVPmGWJl.jpg
Rodarte+Spring+2016+nFCKy49RYmxl.jpg
Rodarte+Spring+2016+xHqFX-oZ7uKl.jpg

Gucci Spring/Summer 2016
I'd love to see Lana sporting this dress for a day-time press event or for a late night television appearance. Hair would be worn similarly to the model on the runway. The only jewelry needed would be a simple gold chain necklace with a small pendant sitting gracefully in on her chest. I'd also swap out the shoes for the Gucci Marmont pump - the black suede pair? Maybe the crackle gold? Even the metallic teal would be fabulous!
Gucci+Spring+2016+gBUocvNQgzjl.jpg
Gucci+Spring+2016+Details+bIaGiN1GBkdl.jpg
Gucci+Spring+2016+Details+1YunooTN-0pl.jpg

livingly.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"