The Hunger Games Thread

Eventually got around to view a screening, and I was in absolute awe. From the locations to the costume design, I loved each moment. It was so.. entrancing and stimulating. I bawled so much at Rue's death. I've also purchased the books, so I'll be reading those soon. But yes, I'm on the Hunger Games train.. that floating one.

Oh, Jennifer :D :D

JXnUT.png

drunkmellark on Tumblr

Anyone else disappointed with the fact that Gary isn't going to direct the second film? I was hoping that for once a series would have a consistent director rather then switching for every movie. But it will be interesting to see who directs Catching Fire... they don't have much time before they start filming so I suspect it'll be announced soonish.

I also think Gary did an amazing job with the first film and would have preferred he stayed with the series. But there are some TALENTED directors out there who could take over and make something great, so I'll wait and see who it is.

the same director isnt being hired :( for the 2nd film. I think Peter Jackson should do it, it would be epic

I hope they hire Michael Mann for the next one , that would teach Gary how to make a good The Hunger Games movie.

i'm hoping for Alfonso Cuarón:ninja: (always dream big, right?) i loved the third Potter movie and i believe he could make it dark but still PG-13

i'm hoping for Alfonso Cuarón:ninja: (always dream big, right?) i loved the third Potter movie and i believe he could make it dark but still PG-13

Yeah, I don't know if this is a popular opinion, but I agree.

I think Cuarón is amazing. I'm a big fan.

^oh wow,almost half a year, that's even longer than twilight, I'd like to watch it again and as it wasn't that popular here, it's no longer in cinemas.

I didn't really enjoy his vision of the film. Not the lack of gore and shaky camera that bugged me the most, but the movie lost the whole sense of anxiety. Throughout the whole film, it never felt like Katniss was in actual danger.
Anyway, Lionsgate has narrowed it down to two directors:

Catching Fire Down to Two Possible Directors

Steel yourself for a plethora of sports-themed Moneyball/Hunger Games headlines or for hordes of confused viewers wondering how J-Law's dad found his way behind the camera for Catching Fire, as Bennett Miller and Francis Lawrence (not really Jennifer's father, but there will be confusion) are reportedly Lionsgate's final two directors in contention for the sequel. Deadline predicts Miller as the likely candidate after his big success with Moneyball, but mentions Miller's plans to film Foxcatcher conflicting with Catching Fire's scheduled August start. The L.A. Times notes Lawrence, who did 2011's Water for Elephants, has special effects chops honed on big-budget productions like Constantine and I Am Legend. While Miller and Lawrence joined the already sizable stable of potential directors just a couple days ago, the word is now that one of these two could be chosen as soon as the end of this week.
NYMAg

Apparently Lawrence was chosen:
Francis Lawrence Is Lionsgate's Choice to Direct 'Hunger Games' Sequel 'Catching Fire' (Exclusive)

After a quick but fairly exhaustive search, Lionsgate has chosen Francis Lawrence to direct the Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire.

Sources say Lawrence will receive an official offer Thursday afternoon. If he accepts and a deal can be worked out, he will replace Gary Ross, who directed the hugely successful first installment of the franchise.

The hunt has been fast and furious, with the field narrowing down to Lawrence, director of I Am Legend and Water for Elephants, and Bennett Miller, who helmed the Oscar-nominated Brad Pitt baseball movie Moneyball. Both directors met with the studio Thursday, according to sources, and Lionsgate executives have made their pick.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hunger-games-catching-fire-director-314244#comments

I liked Water for Elephants and I rarely like modern attempts from that genre. I think he's a good choice, he isn't at the standard of the first three directors but I don't think Lionsgate were ever going to get them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeress
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->