The most comfortable shoes you own...

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
what are the most comfortable shoes in your closet?
who makes them?
why do you love them?

:flower:

after breaking them for a short time my doc martens 1460 mono white boots.

lucky you, scott! I've been trying to break mine since 2009 :lol:

white converse for me, I mostly wear them when I'm home only but they're really the only pair of shoes I can walk in for 25 blocks and no complaints.

^I'm jealous, when I wear converse my feet start to hurt within an hour..

In the summer it's my Birkenstocks. Good looking? No. Comfortable? Hell yes!
In the winter I like either my Nike Jordans (high), great support even when they get older.

For some reason my feet are really bad at breaking in shoes. When the leather isn't soft to start with they will keep on bleeding for weeks not very practical (or motivating) when you're trying to break in new shoes..

I must admit that with this cold winter and snow all over the streets, my brown DcMartens are very useful :smile: When I am sure not to slide because of the snow, I like to put my camel Zara suede boots : they have a large heel of 10cm height, so they are confortable and I can get used to wearing heels more easily :smile:

A pair of black leather sneakers from Silent by Damir Doma. Totally didn't need to break in, looks like pretty hard but is super soft and has a perfect fit.

a shoes thread i can get behind!

I have two in rotation at the moment.

The one's i wear to work are my slip on backless black leather Danskos which i scored for $12 at Value Village. I love sporting anti-fashion while selling over-priced face creams ^_^

The other are my adidas Samba's which I bought on a whim trying to use up the last $20 of my Fred Meyer's gift card. Even better I bought the kid's boys version and they were $10 off. Woot!

Altho it struck me as odd that the soles are quite dark. Last time I bought them which was literally 20 years ago in the 5th grade I remember the soles being much lighter, almost translucent looking. The same night I bought those, I noticed some uber stud chef on the show Chopped wore them. Honestly he looked better in them than I do but they are super comfy :lol:

athletic shoes: adidas adipower barricade 8 (for tennis).... they're laterally supportive and well-cushioned yet still responsive to sudden movement....

fashion: my old pair of bally slip-on dress shoes from the early 2000's (b/c they have really thick rubber soles); I started wearing them again last fall....

Last edited by a moderator:
Porselli ballet flats. The leather is so soft I get zero blisters or foot aches. Even Birkenstocks can't do that for me.

stilettos- azzedine alaia
boots- robert clergerie, af vandevorst, trippen
sneakers- Y-3, yohji yamamoto
sandals- robert clergerie, af vandevorst
flats- tricot by CdG

but all my shoes are pretty comfy...
it's a pre-requisite...
:P

- hunter green 8 hole doc marten boots
- nike air all black ladies' trainers (bland as that sounds :P)
- woman by common projects oxfords

I love my Inkkas! ***Edited***

My Doc Marten originals. They were originally designed as orthopaedic comfort shoes, after all.

^I'm jealous, when I wear converse my feet start to hurt within an hour..

In the summer it's my Birkenstocks. Good looking? No. Comfortable? Hell yes!
In the winter I like either my Nike Jordans (high), great support even when they get older.

For some reason my feet are really bad at breaking in shoes. When the leather isn't soft to start with they will keep on bleeding for weeks not very practical (or motivating) when you're trying to break in new shoes..

OMG, blood :ninja: I would have zero patience with that. Even a blister I have difficulty tolerating, so I do believe in good shoes.

Most comfortable shoes ... probably my older Lanvin ballet flats (they changed the cut--the old cut was more comfortable). Also Bottega Veneta flats, and for heels, Jimmy Choo Glaciers, 85 mm. I also have a couple pair that are specifically made to be comfortable, not sure if we're talking about those here ... I wouldn't say either is all that attractive, though I have gotten a lot of compliments on one pair. One was from my sister, and so I inquired further ... was she saying that for comfortable shoes, these looked pretty good? She said no, she was really complimenting them (but I still question the taste of the people who did :lol:).

These Rachel Rachel Roy flat laceup studded sandals I got back in 2010. Super cheap but so comfortable that I paid to have them resoled and... I'm about to pay to have them resoled again.

Other than that, my Nikes. All my heels are uncomfortable. I have flat feet but I still try to push through. :(

Y'know, I think my obvious-replica New Balances may edge out the Docs in terms of comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->