The Most Influential Modeling Agencies

cologne_rocks

Reaction score
The Most Influential Modeling Agencies by Forbes.... measured by pretty random standards. I thought this quite was funny. Funny and pointless :D

It’s remarkable how different the models are from show to show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.

Diane Von Furstenberg’s girls are always elegant and glamorous. Womanly in the best sense of the term.

“I just like the way they walk,” one male admirer told me. “They’re slow and serene; they sort of saunter down the runway. It’s very ladylike.”

The ladies are slightly thinner–and younger–at Charlotte Ronson and Bibhu Mohapatra. Rag & Bone likes a fresh, sporty type; Custo Barcelona has a great range of ethnicities. And Betsey Johnson’s models this year looked like they had just come from the Victoria’s Secret show–curvy, tanned and a little bit naughty.

Some of the difference has to do with a particular aesthetic integral to the brand–vamps for Gucci, say. But it also has to do with payroll: Large labels like Lacoste or Ralph Lauren can afford to hire the best walkers, the most beautiful faces, the hottest model of the moment. And they also tend to get first dibs on whomever they want (scheduling for these shows, which start every hour on the hour, gets hectic, to say the least).

Certain modeling agencies establish close ties with certain brands, too. They learn the precise look needed and supply it for each new collection. These days Ford Models and the Marilyn Agency, founded in New York and Paris, respectively, hold the most sway in the industry.

That’s according to data compiled by Klout, a San Francisco company that studies social media. Analysts there combed through things like Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr feeds to determine which modeling agencies have the most influence in the market. They looked to see who was live tweeting during fashion week, hobnobbing with powerful insiders and celebrities, highlighting models from their agency and sharing songs or photos.

“You hear one clear and distinct personality behind each of these agencies,” the report said of the best. And despite the fact that the people highlighted by agencies are professional dressers and style mavens in their own right, “their passion shines through the content,” Klout says. Which makes them influential indeed.

Here are the top 10 agencies this season:

1. Ford Models
Klout Score: 67

2. Marilyn Agency
Klout Score: 58

3. Storm Model Management
Klout Score: 53

4. ONE Management
Klout Score: 52

5. Next Models NYC
Klout Score: 52

6. Models 1
Klout Score: 49

7: Premier
Klout Score: 48

8. Elite Model NY
Klout Score: 47

9. Major Model Management
Klout Score: 47

10. M and P Models
Klout Score: 46
(FORBES)

I agree with Ford. Their new girls are killing it with this season. But where's IMG?

Totally useless, hehe. Rank by number of tweets and blog posts. :lol: I wonder if anyone paid those "consultants"? :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Where the hell is IMG?

this is ranked by those idiots who got paid by a large sum. i haven't seen anything more stupid and laughable than this ranking. what a piece of ****!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I can see how this means "influential" = visibility on the interwebz etc. but I bet nobody came in here to see that, everybody probably got their hopes up that somebody dared to rank them by actual power in the industry or something. :lol:

Where the hell is IMG?
Nowhere for a reason. IMG was like last in the bunch to revamp their website, can't imagine them going on ~twitter.

And d'oh that Ford is #1 with Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, those YouTube videos and also the new web portal they recently launched (it's not only model centric).

Ah, so that list was based of on who was tweeting the most and on other social networking sites. Irrelevant list.

^ I don't understand why they needed to hire a market research laboratory to complete that list. Can you imagine a serious analyst to count Ford Models tweets?
I'm sure the average TFSer could have knocked out a list with similar rankings within one glimpse, anyways. :-9

OK, so the list is obviously rubbish. TFS can surely do better. Seriously, how would you rank agencies in terms of power, prestige etc?

these are idiots who absolutely know nothing about fashion. the majority of the most powerful models dont use twitter or other social networks eg giselle, daria, katemoss, carolyn murphy, raquel, or even lara............dont use social networks.

it's absolutely a garbage list if img, the most influential agency is not in the top 3, let's alone not even included in the ranking.

It was ranked by tweets, which FORD takes the title... tweeting constantly, and most of the time being really rude

Total B******* :lol:

where's IMG and Women ?

On Models.com the top agencies (in NY) are ranked accordingly

1)IMG
2)Women
3)Next
4)Ford
5)DNA
6)Marilyn
7)Supreme
8)New York Mgmt
9)1 Model
10)Trump
11)Elite
12)Major

I think I would move DNA up to #2 or #3 because that is a complete powerhouse there. Full of major money girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->