The Row Pre-Fall 2024 Paris

Haven´t watch it yet...but I leave this here:

@jeanclaude Hmm... I skimmed that video just now and it's, well, interesting. At the end of the day this is a brand created by two women who were millionaires by the time they were 7, what it is isn't surprising, really.

their accessories are great but who buys their rtw and why the row instead of going to brands with more heritage?

I have seen these people. They view heritage in a nageative way, like brand for Grandpa... So they go to The Row for these extremely over-priced apparel.

their accessories are great but who buys their rtw and why the row instead of going to brands with more heritage?
Aren’t the buyers of this brand supposed to be the Philo crowd (me EXCLUDED OF COURSE) who wanted basic at super high prices to separate themselves from the mass?
I’m not around people who buys The Row but from what I have been told, it’s a good brand to drop in LA and NYC to suggest that you have both style and money.
So pure status symbol clothing more than fashion statement.

I would never buy basics at ridiculously high prices. If I want quality basics, I'd also never buy any heritage label, because that is status symbol too (maybe the only exception is Max Mara, because they have the absolute best, perfectly tailored and cut coats). I'd rather give my money to a sustainable or emerging designer label, which normally offer basics with a modern twist, unlike the flexing material/Grandpa brands, which are rarely ever modern. For many of us, it's solely about the design and quality, not about the name.
However, The Row used to offer beautiful, flattering, and ultra modern coats with a twist some years back. In fact, they used to be one of their strongest offerings. Nowadays, I just check their site for the shoes, which IMO has been consistently the best they've offered in recent years. Sometimes they can offer garments that are razor-sharp precise minimal and unique, but that's the minority of what they offer overall. At the end of the day, would I buy their RTW? Nope.

Aren’t the buyers of this brand supposed to be the Philo crowd (me EXCLUDED OF COURSE) who wanted basic at super high prices to separate themselves from the mass?
I’m not around people who buys The Row but from what I have been told, it’s a good brand to drop in LA and NYC to suggest that you have both style and money.
So pure status symbol clothing more than fashion statement.
Sounds like the LA Loro Piana :-)

Sounds like the LA Loro Piana :-)
I’m a COS/ Joseph / MaxMara type of woman lol. But Loro Piana was really a « man » thing for me, for the longest. I was surprised when they became part of a conversation.

I’m a COS/ Joseph / MaxMara type of woman lol. But Loro Piana was really a « man » thing for me, for the longest. I was surprised when they became part of a conversation.
Yeah surprised too that LP all of a sudden became mainstream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->