The Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle (May 19, 2018)

agee

Reaction score
Today it has been announced by @TheRoyalFamily that Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle will become Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

WATCH LIVE: The Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

[George and Amal Clooney

Last edited by a moderator:
[

[

Did George Clooney not get the memo?
Watching this live and he looks SO out of place in a regular suit compared to everyone else in morning suits.
I feel so awkward for him and Amal...

The Wedding Dress, Bridesmaids’ Dresses and Page Boys' Uniforms
Published 19 May 2018

The Wedding Dress: Clare Waight Keller for Givenchy
Ms. Meghan Markle’s wedding dress has been designed by the acclaimed British designer, Clare Waight Keller. Ms. Waight Keller last year became the first female Artistic Director at the historic French fashion house Givenchy.

The Veil
Ms. Markle expressed the wish of having all 53 countries of the Commonwealth with her on her journey through the ceremony. Ms. Waight Keller designed a veil representing the distinctive flora of each Commonwealth country united in one spectacular floral composition.

Jewellery
The veil is held in place by Queen Mary's diamond bandeau tiara, lent to Ms. Markle by The Queen. The diamond bandeau is English and was made in 1932, with the centre brooch dating from 1893.

source: https://www.royal.uk/wedding-dress-bridesmaids’-dresses-and-page-boys-uniforms

Don't like the dress, I'm afraid. Way too basic. And the tiara is out of place. Doesn't go with the look.

I'm liking Oprah's look though......minimalism done right!

[

I actually like the dress. It's very simple but effective. Actually fits her style quite well.

It all feels a little underwhelming. The dress is pretty and appropriate for a second wedding, but I am so disappointed by her messy hair. George and Charlotte were adorable :smile:

I thought she looked perfect.. loved the dress and veil/tiara. Everyone looked great..

It all feels a little underwhelming. The dress is pretty and appropriate for a second wedding, but I am so disappointed by her messy hair. George and Charlotte were adorable :smile:

Underwhelming is the perfect word. It was short and dull, it didn't seem very royal. The vows didn't even use their full given names (Harry is actually Henry (and 3 middle names) and Meghan is actually Rachel Meghan).The dress was very bland and almost seemed unfinished because it was so plain, I don't mind minimalist wedding dresses but this one is just too minimal. I get it's her second marriage but I'm not a fan of it for a royal wedding. Also all those celebrities doesn't look so good at a royal wedding

I do like that she wore a tiara that hasn't been used in decades, and her veil was nice too

I'm sure I'll be in the minority but God what a boring dress. Borderline Amish looking (the neckline keeps it from being too close). It doesn't even look like it fits properly. I had high hopes because I find her style much more interesting than Kate's but damn this was a letdown.

I'm also a bit disappointed that princess Beatrice didn't wear a ridiculous hat...actually most of the hats were basic

Big no for the Clooney and yes to Serena she looked stunning in Versace.

Meghan's Givenchy dress was simple and pretty

The dress was boring but Meghan looked pretty.
I don't know who was the pregnant lady wearing fuschia and leading the flower girls and pager boys into church, but she is my best dressed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DC80
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->