Tips on Bag Cleaning and Maintenance

we have a thread on handbag care.... ink however is very hard to remove... almost impossible if not treated immediately after the stain happens. maybe post a pic of the damage?

lovinmybags will get the stain out.. but not sure how much it'd cost

Thanks Luna, I'll do a search for the thread.

has anyone had any minor sucess with the removal of a color transfer from a patent? i know once it's there it's pretty much done for, but i was curious if anything you gals had tried even remotely worked...

you talking about denim dye on patent?
i've successfully gotten denim ruboff out a white leather bag... it took a little bit.. and some apple cleaner.
How long has the stain been there?

i dont know what it is...it looks more like a ink transfer form something printed...it's not a huge deal, i bought a bag off ebay that had it on...very minor, and it was disclosed in the listing...i was just curious if i could try anything...hairspray on patent wont do anything will it?

jun, I feel like I read somewhere that vodka can be used to clean patent.

I may be pulling this out of my ***, but I really think I read it... but maybe it was about scuffs, not stains :unsure:

hmmmmmmm windex and vodka eh? i shall try...perhaps it'll be more amusing than cleaning, but what-the-hoo.... :wink: :rofl:

jun, I did a search and found all sorts of remedies, but of course I dont know if they work!

- cookie dough
-milk
-mineral oil
-acetone free nail polish
-tooth paste
-shaving cream

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHAHA!!! :rofl: thanks guessgirl! now if i combine all those things and the vodka, i could have a bag cleaning party! :rofl:

im going to see if anything works though, and will post here if it does...

i asked this in another thread a little while ago but figured i would ask here since this is clearly the right place :P

i've got a brown suede miu miu coffer that i don't wear as often as i would like because i'm worried about the suede getting ruined if it rains etc.. and there has also been some discoloration/transfer on the part that rubs against my jeans when i wear it slung across my body with the strap..

so i guess my questions are.. is there anything that can treat the discoloration? i read a few pages back and someone mentioned some sort of suede eraser.. would that work? and if so where do you find that sort of thing?... :ermm:

my other question is.. i'm thinking i should probably get the bag treated somehow so that if a few raindrops fall on it i won't have a heart attack and die :P
i was thinking of bringing it to a dry cleaners and having their suede person take a look at it to see if they can treat it.. but i also don't want to part with it and don't want it to get ruined (paranoid i know :doh:)...
or is there some sort of at home suede protector anyone knows of that works well on handbags?

I really love lovin my bags products, but you should email them first if you try it to make sure they work on suede. Honestly, I have the beige coffer and I've lost hope. These bags are just too fragile.

ok so its more of an overnighter, but i have a gorgeous canvas bag with a linen interior with leather straps, detailing and bottom, steel studs on the bottom. Everyone has just said that i cannot.. but my cat peed on it:lol:!!! so, yes i do need to clean it. not that cashed up to gt it drycleaned.... any suggestions.. apart from getting a less territorial cat?!:blush:^_^

I really love lovin my bags products, but you should email them first if you try it to make sure they work on suede. Honestly, I have the beige coffer and I've lost hope. These bags are just too fragile.

yeah... much more delicate than i anticipated..
i feel like there was some color transfer/wear almost immediately.. :ermm:

I just received a new Chanel bag as a gift and the bottom of the lining got stained with my lip gloss! Any suggestions on how to remove light pink lip gloss from beige lining? Thanks!

does the lining by any chance pull away from the body of the bag? If not, I would take a soft cloth, wet it with some mild soap and gently try to rub the stain out, but keep a paper towel close by to absorb any residual water (to keep the bag from getting soaked)

PLEASE HELP, how do I care for python,

I have 2 phython bags and have no idea how to care for them, protecting them for dust, light, temp changes is NOT working, One, my Black gucci horsebit clutch is starting to dry out a little, . Please tell me exactly what I can use to save this bag as it is one of my favorites ever. I have searched this site and no one tells you how to care for these skins except one girl who recommended a site which sells their own product. They do not tell whats in it and they will only sell to a customer who has pruchased one of their bags. What can I do to save these bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brky1907
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->