Tom Ford... The General Tom Ford Handbags Thread

Chanelcouture09

Some Like It Hot
Reaction score
I've never seen his bags available anywhere online before but Neiman Marcus finally have them, they really are exquisite in person, the quality and the detailing is just fantastic and not to mention how incredibly classic they are.

First up are the mens;-

'The Buckley' Small Duffle, Briefcase & Messenger and 'The Gusset' Briefcase.

*Neimanmarcus.com

'Petra' 'Top-Bucket' 'Jennifer' 'Natalia'.

*Neimanmarcus.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Jennifer Aniston with the 'Jennifer', The 'Carine' & The 'Natalia' and Kate Bosworth with The 'Natalia'.

*Celebags.blogspot.com, saratavasolian.onsugar.com & purseblog.com

I agree about the quality. I saw the spring 2012 collection at his Vegas store and was astounded. The workmanship was palpable even from a substantial distance (I was too afraid to touch them :lol:). I'm also happy that so far he has refrained from producing trendy "bags of the moment" like he did at Gucci. They are just as timeless and luxurious as the collections! :heart:

I went to their boutiques several times and I found the style and the design is a little bit too conservative...I guess there are just too many brown bags.:doh::rolleyes: However the craftmanship is always A+.

BTW, bluefly and tsum also stock Tom Ford bag line.

I really want the Buckley Duffle Bag, It's incredible in person and the leather is exquisite.

But I also love the Natalia, if I were to pick that for somebody of course.

I really want to like these - but other than the Carine - I just can't.

Echoing what Kaspar! said above - I find them quite conservative. Which is great for a classic bag, but if I'm going for something like that, I might as well just go to a thrift shop a couple times until I happen upon a well constructed vintage bag, which I'm sure I can get for about 1/200th the price.

I actually prefer the mens stuff to the womens :ninja:

I like these bags but I also feel as though the reason I like them is because they remind me quite a bit of bags I've seen before from other lines and liked. :ninja: I remember seeing the Carine bag in Colette and liking it, appreciating the quality of it, but feeling absolutely no need to buy it. As a baghag that is a rare experience :rofl:

That said, Tom Ford never fails to produce at least one "wow" piece and for me that is the Natalia bag. Love how it looks on Kate and Jennifer - really a beautiful, classic piece that takes the idea behind the so haute right now box bags and turns it on its head.

The black and white one...the Petra? is very timeless and chic.

I love the new Natalia bag he's done for fall. They're beautiful in person, and that hardware makes something that could be quite conservative seem extremely cool and different. I happened to see the largest size done in lacquered red croc and it was to die for.

The thing with this selection is that these are his most basic bags, the bread and butter pieces -- and not even all of them really. His more seasonal pieces -- the pop color antelope clutches from last fall or the mother of pearl minaudieres he did for spring -- are the ones that really stand out in my mind. They're hardly practical, but he always had a knack for delivering one really knockout bag each season at Gucci.

i really like all those little T-details that are scattered throughout the bags. it's subtle, but it's still marking those bags are TOM'S!!!, so to say.

Liberty Ross with her Natalia...

article-2274206-175F0538000005DC-193_306x665.jpg
article-2274206-175F0534000005DC-445_306x665.jpg

*Dailymail.co.uk

Gwyneth Paltrow with her Natalia.

Gwyneth+Paltrow+Gwyneth+Paltrow+Talks+Goop+jeLcHXaKcEVx.jpg

*Zimbio.com

Carey Mulligan with hers.

*Dailymail.co.uk

has anyone ever seen anyone carry any of these bags who wasn't a celebrity who was obviously gifted the bag for free?

i know i haven't...
:ermm:...

i didn't even know he was doing bags...
other than seeing that giant clasp bag in some editorial still life, this is all news to me...
:huh:

^ The bag pictured here not so much, but his basic bag -- I think it's called the Jennifer (giant zipper hardware on the straps, hobo/shoulder bag shape) -- I've seen out and about a number of times.

I'm guessing they're pushing the Natalia so hard because it doesn't sell as well. Would make sense if that's the case, it's far less versatile. Still love that giant turn lock though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->