Top casting director starting to visit mother agents directly...

fritmayo

Reaction score
Since 4-5 years, particularly in the eastern EU countries like Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, some clients in Milan but also some in Paris and London book models directly without the use of agencies in their cities..
Some of the best organized mother agencies have even somebody dedicated to deal these direct jobs.

It seems, that this way of working might grow, as before that was mainly for small clients (let's say level of small brand show rooms in Milan), but more and more, some upper clients starts to contact mother agent directly too.

for exemple Ashley Brokaw will be in the coming weeks in these countries, she contacted agencies, with details requests, telling that she was seeking new faces for Balenciaga jobs, and that she expected that agencies could introduce her new faces completely free of contract with abroad agencies.

I personally think it is quiet exciting to see that move.

Can someone tell me exactly what the motive is? Are there not enough brand new faces that ARE contracted with agencies? Do they want to find a face so fresh Women/IMG/Next/etc.. have yet to find her? Is it cheaper?

I'm just not completely understanding the point?

I'm guessing it might be interesting financially to go to the mother agency..? It's just a guess, I've never personally booked a model through an agency, but I could imagine that clients could get better rates from a small agency than from let's say IMG?

Can someone tell me exactly what the motive is? Are there not enough brand new faces that ARE contracted with agencies? Do they want to find a face so fresh Women/IMG/Next/etc.. have yet to find her? Is it cheaper?

I'm just not completely understanding the point?
Obviously the folks at the top agencies are good judges of talent, but I think that the designers work directly with casting directors and there is so much information out there about mother agencies that the casting director probably knows who the right mother agents are and we may see them going there directly to mother agents rather than trusting that what the casting director communicates to the NY or Milan agents and they in turn communicate to the scouts and then what is communicated to the mother agents is going to yield the desired results. This casting director is just cutting out one or more layers of middle men.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->