Questions regarding bookings

Omnis

Reaction score
I was just wondering about a few things regarding bookings that I was hoping that some of the fashion insiders might help me with.

Let's say a girl has representation in New York, Paris, Milan and London. She is being booked for an editorial in an Italian magazine with an American photographer. Which agency makes the booking? The one in NY or Milan? Is there a "rule" for that?

I'm assuming that each of the agencies cover their own countries. Let's say that a Chinese company wants to book her for ads. Which agency makes that booking? Do all of her agencies "split" the world between them in advance or does it depend on which agencies who contact the potensial companies or which agencies that are being contacted by the company.

Please explain about general booking things! :flower:

In this case, she gets the booking for an Italian magazine from her agency in Milan :flower: It has nothing to do with where the photographer is from. The editorial might be photographed in any other country though.
So if she is represented in different countries by different agencies, each agency covers their city/country :flower: You can call that perfect sharing :wink:
Or let's say she will do several Fashion Shows at Fashion Weeks in different cities, NY Fashion Week covers her NY agency, Milano Moda Donna her agency from Milan etc.
Let me know when you have any further questions :wink:

this is harder :smile:

this is harder :smile:

what about if a model with many agencies all over the world, get a job directly for a photographer that shot her for art work and the shot don't go immediately in any magazine, probably it will be published in books, fine art print for clients, the photographer internet galleries etc ... and only later, eventually, some magazine will buy the shot for publication.

assuming the model is brazilian with agencies in milan, paris, NY and london and she is paid by the photographer italian and with studios in milan and NY, but the real shooting happens on location in japan, which, if any, of the agencies get the money?

there is a smile but I'll like to have some serious replies :smile:

In general your question isn't too difficult to answer. Usually, that depends where the photographer is based. If he's based in New York for example, he'll contact her agency in New York to book her. It doesn't matter if he wants to book her for his book and not for a magazine. booked is booked.

about your second question, both the agency which gives her this job (her NY agency in this case) and her motheragency will get % after.

Hope this helps :wink::flower:

In general your question isn't too difficult to answer. Usually, that depends where the photographer is based. If he's based in New York for example, he'll contact her agency in New York to book her. It doesn't matter if he wants to book her for his book and not for a magazine. booked is booked.

about your second question, both the agency which gives her this job (her NY agency in this case) and her mother agency will get % after.

Hope this helps :wink::flower:

that's simple, I already know that booking a model from agency "A" will give to them a certain percentage ... but what if , as I said, the photog calls directly the model (assuming he already has her number/email)

- the model is from brazil (or in general outside european community and usa) , agencies in milan and NY , etc ... but not in the country where the shooting effectively happens

- the photog is italian (or european) a studio in milan and another in NY

- the shooting happens in japan (or any other country not european or american)

I already know that for the photog it will be better to work with an italian (or european) agency because he will have some taxes refund ...

so I assume that the model (depending on her contracts) will have to pay her mother agency .... while the photographer will eventually ask her to pay instead the agency in the country that will give him more refund on expenses ...

but can this be a rule?

what about if you mix nationalities? what if the models already has an agency in the country she is shooting? ... given only the rule that the photographer is (pre)soothing without knowing where this photos will be published

The point is a model shouldn't make any jobs without her motheragency or without letting her motheragency (at least) know. So this example doesn't really work in reality.
If, in your case, the model wants to get this job absolutely, she would need to talk with her motheragency first and see if they agree. But the usual way is, when you want to book a model, you involve her motheragency first and not the model!
Hope this helps :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->